Hey everyone, I'm gonna be working on a stop-motion Transformers series!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Roadquake, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

Was just curious if anyone maybe wanted to talk about it; I've got a pretty sizeable cast (i.e. figures), and I've got ideas for storylines and such, but I'm just curious as to see what people think.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What style? Or rather in what verse? And with props or with the cartoon backgrounds? There’s a couple youtubers who have done some great work regards. My appreciation of their work however is the ‘limited’ number of episodes. Which i imagine is due to the high volume of work involved.

3. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

I don't really have a particular verse in mind. All the figures are from across various lines, and the story/characterization is gonna be my own spin on things.

I'm not entirely sure what I might do in relation to props. In relation to YouTube, actually, one of my biggest inspirations is Nightslash2020, or TFX Productions as he's called now. I was thinking of maybe drawing on his style of a kinda Toy Story-ish aesthetic, where they're in a regular house but it's treated as just the natural environment.

In relation to limitations from the volume of work and time constraints, I am indeed well aware of those things, but I'm nonetheless on having at least a miniseries. Not entirely certain on what the upload schedule might be, but I'm hoping for at least once a month or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    theres this harrisloeurou something
    masterpiece animated is cool too
    the lazy eyebrow reviewer is aweome

as to 'toystory' settings i think those are very specific to the fanart section of the forums (and the related interested for it), I usually don't end up on those video's if not redirected from a specific thread I'm curious about.

Edit:
    Also and more recently, you might want to check this radicon thread
    as I was totally amazed for the amount of work and effort he put to create this short giff
    [​IMG]

and still, while i'd be thrilled to watch an entire season like so, just a few episodes or cutscenes makes it forgettable on the long term. which is a pitty ofc

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

I have plans to do the same thing actually! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

What characters will be in it? Will it feature voice acting?

7. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

I'm...honestly not 100% sure how to reply to all of this, honestly. This is really high-level stuff, and the prospect of tackling it is both exciting and, frankly, kinda terrifying. :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

Nice! What're you planning to do?

9. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

There's gonna be around 50 characters. Now, obviously, that sounds like a lot, but that's more counting everyone in total, including various Decepticons who're mainly there to serve as minions/cannon fodder. I could list them all off, if you'd like, but I just wanna say in advance that it's gonna be a lot.

I am planning on having there be voice acting, yes. I'm gonna have to try and see just who I can get to star in it, though. I'm not certain if I'll have the connections to people who'll be able to do voice acting for this, and I'm also not certain if I wanna channel any official voices for characters or just give the personalities to whoever's working with me and seeing how they voice the character.

10. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

What's the plot?

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I'd like to be a voice actor assuming I can get over being sick some time before you need voice work done. I can normally do Starscream but his voice would kill my throat if I tried to do it right now. Megatron and Shockwave are easier so that shouldn't be a problem.

12. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I also plan on making a stop-motion series based on my fan fiction ideas (that's not happening for quite some time, though), and I love seeing other people do the same. Let us all know when the first episode is done so we can check it out!

13. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

The broad plot is a spin on the usual premise in Transformers of the Autobots and Decepticons crash-landing on Earth and then going against each other. Something I've noticed is that the Decepticons are usually a rebellion, with the Autobots or their predecessors being the ones in power. I've decided to have the spin be that the Autobots are a rebellion and the Decepticons are the ones in power, being a galactic empire that's decided to become violently expansionist, with the Autobots being an oppositional movement that's risen in response.

There're also various (sub)plot points that I'm planning on using, including Shockwave and his various scientific experiments, the root of Skywarp's teleportation (because he's the Cybertron mould and thusly has a Cyber Planet Key, which I'm planning on having as a McGuffin that he just happens to be the first to get their hands on), and more.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Roadquake

Roadquake Active Member

Thanks, and I sure will! I'd also love to hear about your ideas!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Sounds interesting! I'll keep an eye out for updates.

16. FragRaptor

FragRaptor Frag-Raptor

Sounds awesome, good luck with it. It's a lot of hard, tedious work, but if you can pull it off it'll be pretty radical.

17. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

Eh, I am doing the classic TF action, but in my stop motion, the two factions are at war, with two other factions that are neutral on the side. One is of rogue TFs who are sick of the war, and the other is made up of Gundam (sentient like the TFs), who just wish to be left alone.

The Gundam are a military faction that can easily hold their own against the Autobots or Decepticons if they choose to, but the Gundam will only engage if they are attacked first; they want nothing to do with the TF war raging.

The rogue TF faction is called the White Star Rogues, and they are a faction of TFs who are sick of fighting in the war, and want to be neutral. These guys and the Gundam are in an alliance of sorts to stay neutral. The WSR get the help of the Gundam to drive off the two factions, the Gundam get medical assistance from the WSR.

There is a subplot as the arc goes on, but that is for only me to know for the time being. :3

18. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Nice! I can’t wait to see what you do. I’m also working on a Stop-motion series. I’m still working on getting all the figures needed and I’m polishing my scripts but I’m almost ready to start production.

19. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

Cool can't wait to see.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Do you have any examples of your work you could show? Previous projects or tests? I see quite a few of these 'Imma gonna make a comic/animation' threads and then nothing ever comes of it beyond just talking about it.