Hey everyone, for my first post, did anybody on here like the "Transformers Armada" PS2 game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Candle Massacre, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Dillatron

Dillatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I played that game so much as a kid! I loved it. I was watching a playthrough of it just the other day and remembered just how good the boss fights are. They're probably the best of any TF game, even the Cybertron games.

It also has a killer soundtrack.

2. Kike Prime

Kike Prime God Prime

With inivincibility and infinite powerlinx Tidal Wave is very easy to defeat. Just keep shooting his head in recon mode.

3. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

If the Armada game is not best TF game, then it at least has to be second best. Huge levels, great combat, fearsome bosses, a vast array of Minicons to experiment and have fun with, a memorable and atmospheric OST and cutscenes that still amazingly hold up.

The game was also very challenging, even in normal difficulty. You truly felt in enemy territory with the variety of enemies, all smart and terrifying in their own way, roaming the map. I still have dreams of being thrown in a huge maps while hunted down by Decepticlone forces.

I did watch a bit of the show and my brother and I had a Megatron and Scavenger figure, but the PS2 games was our main exposure to Transformers at the time.

I wish Hasbro would dig up this masterpiece and remaster it. I don't think it needs a remake, as I think the graphics, voice acting and OST are part of the essence of the game, but that could be the opportunity to bring back cut content, add a new Autobot to play as (that would have to be Blurr) and an extra level where you get to face Demolisher, like it was originally intended.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Budgieking

Budgieking Avian knight

It was my first experence with the gaming world...

Still to this day i have fond memory's of just flying around trying to get to all of the hidden areas...

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    loved it, great play-i always used the one shot kill cheat though lol even my buddy who isnt a TF fan remember TF stuff like unicron simply from us playing that so much back in the day.

always a shame they cut demolishor from but, but damn was tidal wave cool as hell

6. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Tidal wave boss fight was a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Wishing for a reboot

I bought it over the summer and 100% it. It was fun but also really hard.