HEXATRON up for preorder!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Regarding FP; they sell out of everything they make so I do not think they are worried about lost sales. Yes it sucks that RK can not sell FP goods to the Asian market but it also sucks that RK sold FP KO's. I do not blame FP one bit, fans should express their anger towards RK not FP.

MMC? Who knows what they are doing. As long as they sell out, sell for less and keep producing cool figures, I really don't care.

2. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess people should get angry at TFS, BBTS, CP and all the others the day Hasbro stops selling through them because of their 3rd party offering then.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If that happens then yes. As a fan of Transformers you should support the makers of Transformers. IF Hasbro clamps down and removes themselves from those sites, we are to blame for supporting 3P. Can you really be mad at Hasbro for not wanting others to make money off their IP?

Personally I don't see a reason to get mad at anyone. I have dozens of sites to choose from to buy 3P and I am still a real world hunter for Hasbro products.

4. Che

Che Well-Known Member

Not really. I would actually get much more angry if they were stopping selling 3P :cool: 

By the way, Hasbro still needs to show that they are in fact back to the game. RID Dreadwing, FOC Bruticus, FOC Grimlock... too many promising figures that were not that great in the end...

5. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    I think the Platinum line and MPs are where Hasbro is trying to get our business. It actually makes a lot of sense for them to do what I think they're doing.

6. Che

Che Well-Known Member

I think Hasbro has divided its offer between inferior quality cheaper lines supposedly for children/teens and supposedly better quality more expensive lines for collectors, but they (and other 3P companies as well with the exception of Mech Ideas) are kind missing the guys in the middle who are not satisfied with the current cheaper lines but don't need the amount of quality (and costs) of MPs. The kind of guys who were very happy with the quality and prices of a RTS Lugnut and are probably happy with Mech Ideas Apex and Geminus.

Hexatron seems great, and ironically one of the reasons I will be buying one is that I have been saving money by not buying from Hasbro in 2012... Between having many inferior cheaper figures or a good 3P expensive one, I am getting that one, but the truth is that I don't actually need an Hexatron that good and I would be probably skipping these expensive 3P products if I could find again figures like Lugnut, Mindwipe, Deepdive...

I know, I just can tell my experience, but what Hasbro has been doing is not making much sense from the perspective of my wallet...

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Dammit!! I wanted this guy but that detailing is horrendous! Ridges and ridges and more ridges!! It's just lazy. I have a sad :( 

8. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only on these boards would people call someone lazy for ADDING details. LOL

9. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    He's like a giant Ruffles chip!

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I was going to post this very statement. Lol

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I love the detailing myself, it's made me more excited for my Not-Predacon figures on pre-order! Those guys cannot come out soon enough!

I didn't want Sixshot originally, well, I did, but due to limited space for a collection, I've had to limit myself to combiners only. However, TJ Duckett just might have made me change my mind--Sixshot looks awesome!

12. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is the final version going to have all that pink paint all over it?

13. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

That's because it IS lazy.
    Hundreds of straight ridges is not a substitute for real detailing, it's just meant to fool people into thinking they put a lot of work into it.
    A lot of people here know people who did that same exact detailing in high school because they didn't have the skill to draw proper tubes, pistons, or geometric shapes. The people who did this in my art college never got work from the major comic book publishers, or even the small ones.

If you accept ridges as details, then all the more power to you, I really do envy you. But A LOT of people know better or this wouldn't be a recurring subject on these boards.

Remember, no one is complaining that MMC toys have too much detail, they are only complaining that the only detail they have is lazy and a cop out to real effort.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, stores in Singapore are not getting stock either, so it's not just RB for sure. The explanation is simple I think. American toy stores are less competitive because of costs, so they need an exclusivity period to overcharge people with itchy fingers who simply cannot wait. If CP can charge at 130 then you bet RK can charge at 120.

I am a strong MMC supporter, but I'll only be buying this from an Asian retailer and only at a reasonable price.

15. Che

Che Well-Known Member

What?!?!

I actually had to look pictures of Ruffles and (again) Hexatron to understand this complaint... :D  I wish all my figures were like Ruffles if so :tongue: 

16. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry we're too dumb to dis on MMC's design choices. :lol 

17. Msz0065

Msz0065 Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I don't mean to offend anybody. I preordered MMC's Predacons sight unseen. I WANT them to do well, and I'm investing 500 bucks on them this year. This will be my FIRST purchase from them.

But look at it this way: This board only has what, less than 50 pages, and something like Hardbone has almost double that in half the time it's been up. Even Nova Lord has more interest in the last 2 weeks. I don't even know who he is! Quake Wave has 300+. Sixshot isn't exactly an unpopular character, and MMC is an established 3P company. So you know something about this figure isn't exactly working for most people.

I mean, a Masterpiece scale figure of a popular character, at a very reasonable price, from a popular company? And it's only got 50 pages? If Fansproject did a Sixshot, do you think it would only have 50 pages?

18. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I don't mind the detailing. That guy just made me think of the old commercials where they said Ruffles have ridges!

I did notice there were a lot of rows of lines, but I just chalked it up to them going for a distinctive style. Oh shit... Maybe I was that guy in high school who couldn't draw tubes pistons and geometric shapes.

19. Che

Che Well-Known Member

Maybe because Sixshot is not new news... This project has been around for a quite amount of time. I like Fansproject, but their figures don't have so many details either (I would say even less than a Ruffles chip). However, FP is notorious for not giving news a long time before their releases, which keeps the excitement up most of the time...

That's okay, I was laughing of myself looking at pictures of Hexatron and Ruffles potatos at the same time lol.

20. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a big mmc fan and I have this on preorder, but I think the video review sealed it for me and I'll be canceling my preorder. Not a huge fan of the character, was mostly going to order out of respect and admiration for mmcs work. But I'm with Msz here. Usually I love mmcs detailing, but the endless ridges, while technically are details, I don't find to be good details. It's just stuff for the sake of stuff and isn't really adding to the figure. It's not the only reason I'm going to likely cancel my order, but it isn't helping.

I understand the point msz is making too. Detailing in art is about the precision with which an aesthetic is carried out. One straight line can be be more detailed than another is one is done with craft, technique and excellence and another is just a quick sloppy stroke. That's an extreme example, but something doesn't have to be busy to be detailed, an to me hexatron comes off as being busy.