Heroes discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Sep 25, 2006.

1. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    actually, if you take a look at this week's web comic, mama petrelli seems to believe that bombs going off and people learning about specials is the inevitable future, when it's what's been attempted to be hid this entire time

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

You know what? And I normally don't get this vitriolic, but fuck the webcomics. They are continuity when the creators feel like it and have no bearing on anything at all the rest of the time. If I need to go get supplementary material to understand the show, the show has failed.

But really, we'll see if they just totally ignore the "government already was putting them in camps" stuff. I mean hell, Sylar is a known serial killer with several dead feds under his belt.

I cannot countenance a show that retcons or just drops things so cavalierly. So as I said, I think I'm done.

- Coeloptera

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Just finish watching the last three episodes, I must admit I was disappointed. :(  Claire is just stupid, wish she would just die expect she can't. :banghead: 

4. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watched the last episode during the week, and this whole season has been a huge disappointment.

It's like the writers didn't have a clue what they were doing. 19 episodes and Samuels plan is still not that clear. Was he wanting to gather specials in the carnival because he was trying to increase his power or because he wanted a huge family? And then there was the old girlfriend that popped up for a few episodes and oh look, he was trying to create a home for them but she rejected him. Cue a rush to suddenly make some story of him wanting to wipe out normals.

I will give them some credit that the new deep dark secrets of Bennett and the Petrelli didn't drag out for most of the arc like previous seasons (and how many deep dark secrets can these people have?) One thing they did recycle is Claire's daddy issues. Looks like the actor who played Nathan did the right thing and jumped ship.

If Heroes is to survive I feel they would be better splitting the season into two arcs, like season 3. That way the story isn't dragged out.

I'm not sure if I'll tune in for the next season (they should be taking the time between now and when they start filming to get a actual idea of what peoples powers are and the overall story) I might wait to see what the reaction is first but if there isn't any improvements I can see this show dying a even longer and slower death.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've hated this season from near the start, but I liked the last two episodes compared to the rest of the season. Sylar didn't bother me, because the last two seasons was him trying to become good/normal, but he couldn't due to him being a sociopath. I took the whole season being about Sylar's redemption. With Nathan's memories and personality, Sylar could erase or neutralize them, but Nathan's conscience still remained, thus his inability to murder any more. I think it's about two seasons too late for it, but at least they finally did it.

In all honesty, I wish they'd reboot Heroes as a comic.