Heroes discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

What makes you think that he forgot?

Edit: I read the rest of the post and it seems that has alread been discussed. I too agre with the "peter was bluffing" camp

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Allow me to quote my previous reply:

EDIT TO REPLY TO PREVIOUS POSTER'S EDIT:

I'm a stupid fucker and need to be lead through a story apparently. Either that, or I've learned from previous intrigue based shows to take things at face value, because the writers aren't bright enough to leave meanings hidden.

I see so many disconnects in this show at this point, that assuming the brother didn't forget what his power really was seems to be jumping through giant leaps of logic, while assuming even the writers forgot what they already wrote I'm pretty comfortable with.

And I think I'm beginning to come to grips with the fact that this show just isn't for me. I enjoyed those first episodes so very, very much that I really, REALLY want to like it. But the past few weeks have left me feeling pretty disgusted with myself for wasting time on watching it. I realize I'm opening myself up to a lot of "you're too stupid to get it" responses, but I think I may be done unless next Monday sees me too lazy to get off the couch.

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wish I could look past the annoying promos for this show and just watch it.
    "I...I think I can fly." (echoes)
    "Save the cheerleader. Save the world"

It just seems so pretentious. For all the viewers that tune in, I think their are more that are turned off by the ads.

4. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

I don't know if this was mentioned yet (too lazy to read through the posts), but isn't it just a LITTLE more than a coincidence that the logo of HEROES is a solar eclipse? Don't tell me that the four seconds in episode 1 where they mention the eclipse determines the logo!!!!!!!

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    maybe it just looked cool, maybe itll tie in...either way i could care less

and the new comic deals with the cop, so you should check it out if ya dig him....nothing special, but kinda fun...

6. HellsJester

HellsJester Active Member

Was it just me, or did the tatto/scar/symbol on Nikki's shoulder disappear when they did the over the shoulder shot looking at the friend when Jessica took over and made the comment to the friend along the lines of Nikki not being there any more?

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i actually thought that it appeared as nikki left and jessica appeared...but i dont have it taped anymore, but im almost positive that it appears only when jessica is there...

8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

If it's consistent, that's absolutely true. When Jessica showed up during the interlude with the politician, the tatoo showed up. When she woke up as Nikki, the tatoo was gone.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey all; I just started watching this series this afternoon and I'm pretty hooked. This is a wild show. I'm curious to find out what the mysterious symbol represents. (The one that looks like something you'd see in sheet music, the odd "S"-shaped thing.)

10. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Watch that again, and tell me if you see a bright burst of light just east of the Yucatan in Mexico in the title sequence. I've been wondering what the heck that is. Just paused it there atm and looking at it... it's not a natural feature.

I'd say an explosion, but of what? And why?

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "I'm Sweet!" - Hiro :lol 

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I wish I could learn japanese that quick. :lol  That girl is cute too. Go Hiro!!!!!

13. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Was I think is now the operative term, and also if thats syler still running around why did the capture the walking nuke?

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    One of the best episodes to date. The new girl hero is awesome. It hit me like a ton of bricks when Slyar killed her. Hiro is the man. I hope that he does in fact save her. That picture in the end sent chills down my spine.

15. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

huh?

Very good episode this week I thought.

16. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Me too! I said "oh nooooooooo" when I heard the cutting sound and the blood came down.

17. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I was bummed to see that the girl died. She seemed really cool, I do hope Hiro is successful in trying to save her. Mr. Bennet is still a creepy mofo, even though he says he's doing everything that he's doing to save Claire. Next week looks pretty interesting.

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah my jaw dropped right open.

Great episode...so what do we think of the cheerleader's dad? So is he actually a good guy, but is one of those types that will do whatever it takes to get something done?

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Seemed more like a "SPLURCH" to me.

This episode was fantastic as always but better than precious. Why? No stupid split personality girl.

As to answer Edge's question, they captured Nuke because due to the strangeness of the murder, they thought he did it. Only Matt and the FBI agent know otherwise. And now he escaped. I have a strong feeling he is the cause of the explosion when Hiro traveled to the future.

But now Hiro is somewhere in the past. Nothing changed with the girl except that she is in the picture. He also hasn't returned. But he hasn't returned t othat spot. I have a feeling he will reappear at Claire's homecomming.

But i am still trying to figure out how saving the cheerleader will save the world. My best guess is that the dad will unleash the heroes he has control over to hunt down all the other heroes as revenge for killing his daughter. During the fight, Sylor uses his powers to make the nuclear man go critical and BOOM.

I don't think the dad is evil per say but he is very controlling. I have a feeling he is testing on these heroes to better understand his girl. He's not bad, just controlling.

20. TreKain

TreKain All Will Be Well TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So does Mohinder (sp) have powers emerging (the visions), and whats his connection with the kid (that would be Sylar?)