HERO QUEST 2020 (Haslab)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SuperTitanHans, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, okay. That's still pretty cool though.

2. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's to more easily differentiate the types of pieces.

3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ha yeah if it was prepainted I'd love that lol, I want to paint them, but the idea of painting 100+ miniatures is also very daunting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If I have a game night, it's generally DnD. For the family, I have Dungeon if I want to play a dungeon crawl. This is basically Dungeon on steroids.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OK, y'all convinced me. I'm in. Maybe by the time it arrives, we can actually get a group of people together around a table safely. :) 

If anybody is on the fence and wants to know more about the gameplay, here's a video of some folks playing one of the early quests. With the right group, it'll be a hoot.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hasbropulse The capstone #HeroQuest game stretch goal unlock has been revealed, @joemanganiello's Quest Book at the $4M mark! This unlock only becomes available if the stretch goal is met. Don’t wait! The Campaign will end on November 6th, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. The Quest is Calling!

7. John ofthe Dead

Ebay:
    Over $3M! That means the Bard is now included. I'm not very confident in it hitting $4M, though.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm not either at this point with only three days left unless there's a huge surge towards the end. That said I feel like with everything that's included already in the Mythic Tier and all the stretch goals we currently have it's more than worth the $195 shipped I'll be paying.

9. m22xsupersteel

m22xsupersteel Well-Known Member

I was on the fence and decided to back just ahead of the recent stretch goal reveals. Looks like a good value and a lot of fun if we can ever have game nights again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think that they'll hit $3.2 and $3.4 mil goals, but don't think $4 mil is reachable.

11. John ofthe Dead

Ebay:
    Other HasLab project have had giant influxes of orders at the last minute. Apparently online stores get their re-sale orders in at the end. What are the odds of a similar bump for a board game? Are there board game shops eying this for large orders to resell next year?

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I suppose it's possible. I did read on a board game website I frequent that international buyers have been preordering it through a third party shop that will ship it to them outside the US. Don't know how the legality of that works since Hasbro doesn't have the rights for Hero Quest in Europe*, but I guess since they're a US-based reseller they can buy it and resell to whom they want?

It's also possible that they decide this is profitable and we get either more HasLab projects for this in the future for extra expansion packs. Seems plausible since the game has made three times its original goal. I also read in an interview on another site that there will be a mass retail version of this as well. But it will only be the Heroic Tier without the Pulse Bonus gender-swapped heroes and Sir Ragnar. So none of the stuff in the Mythic Tier and none of the stretch goals. But, again, if this is profitable for them ...and it seems that way so far... I could see future expansion sets via HasLab as well.

*There's a company that's been trying to get a Hero Quest reboot off the ground over there for a couple of years now, but so far they're a lot of nice renders and promises and nothing else last time I looked into them.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  13. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I took it as there'd be a retail version and so expansions would just get regular releases.

14. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hasbropulse #HeroQuest Team Answers YOUR Questions! You submitted questions and our #HeroQuest team is here to answer them! Check out this HeroQuest Q&A and don't forget that you only have until 11:59pm ET on November 6, 2020 to back this project… don’t miss out on being part of HeroQuest history

• Like Like x 1
  15. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Is there a way to gift these Haslab releases?

16. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just buy it and ship to their address. They're charging $30 to ship it, so might as well get use out of it. Otherwise it'll probably cost you just as much or more to ship for how big the box will be and how much it'll weigh.

17. John ofthe Dead

Ebay:
    It crept over $3.2M with just under 18 hours to go. Two more Abominations, so "Hurray," I guess. $4M doesn't look likely without a major infusion pronto.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I don't know if another $800,000 will come in, but I'm sure we'll get a couple more pieces.

The total right now is $3,201,334. I was trying to figure out how many units were sold to compare to other Haslabs. At least 21343 dividing by the Mythic Tier or at most 32013 going by the Heroic Tier, I have to imagine the vast majority ordered the Mythic Tier, but that's actually really good comparing other Haslabs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I hope at least we can get half that since that would get us the female Dread Sorcerer which would be neat. That new Dread Knight sculpt is pretty cool too. I could take or leave the extra Gargoyle. Shane that we probably won't get Joe's new quest book and the dragon mini though. That would be a completely new monster type for Hero Quest.

20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm hoping that Hasbro finds another way to release Joe's quest book and stuff. Maybe they'll create a new expansion pack around it at some point.