Hercules, Yellow Giant, Green Giant, which one(s) will you buy? *THE* poll for Devy

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by exomega255, Oct 4, 2011.

?

What will you choose to buy?

1. None

10.9%
  2. TFC Hercules Only

21.8%
  3. Maketoys Green Version Giant Only

20.1%
  4. Maketoys Yellow Version Giant Only

3.4%
  5. TFC Hercules and Maketoys Green Version Giant

14.9%
  6. TFC Hercules and Maketoys Yellow Version Giant

6.3%
  7. Maketoys Green AND Yellow Version Giants

2.9%
  8. ALL 3 choices

5.2%
  9. Unsure (waiting for review, price drop, misc)

14.4%
  1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

That's actually not bad. I'm still holding out hope that it will unexpectedly be yellow/black instead of yellow/purple. If so, I may go for the yellow version instead of the green. If the green is coming as expected of course.

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Green giant. As of now. JIC, I'm gonna get tfc limbs too.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    herc for sure, green giant a possibility

4. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Hercules 100% and if it comes out in yellow I will have that too. Size always matters. I just pray we get a KO oversize Hercules.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Seems like from the poll, assuming 121 votes is closely related to fandom's entirity (which probably, it's not)

1. A fair amount of people will be waiting for reviews before purchase (makes sense. Its an expensive third party item. The most expensive probably to date)

2. A substantial amount of members are committed to Hercules, with some reasons being Hercules being first to be released compared to Giant, and thus got some committed.

3. Very few people within the group are interested in the yellow giant more than the green.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The way I look at it, having a vastly different looking yellow Dev with my Nu-G2 collection is a nice way of expanding the collection without just having a repaint.

7. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

29-26 (only Herc vs only Giant) is much closer than I thought it would be considering the earlier release of Herc and those who purchased already have a bot in hand.

Of course these polls are very far from accurate since not everyone participates, but interesting none the less.

8. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

WOW, that looks great! Good job!

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I went in blind on Herc. Sure we know they look great but how well do they really conenct. Oh well fingers crossed that Hercules works out in the end or I'm out $600 on a combiner and will e left with 6 robots only :( 

Giant. I want to buy him and will most likely buy him IF he comes in green. Because of the going in blind with Herc, I can not afford to do so twice. Reviews on this guy will sell me on him. But to be honest I get the feelign Giant is goign to work a lot better in Devi mode than Herc will. It just seems to be a much tighter/better fit in combined mode.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well in the Hurc vs giant only poll its some thing like 87 to 33 to Hurc but its no more accurate than this poll but take from that what you will.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The two polls are asking different things, and are not comparable data. I hate polls myself, but I created this one knowing many people are curious.

The Herc vs. Giant poll is just asking if you can only choose one (this assumption isn't always the case), which would you choose?

This poll was meant to ask each member their decision as to what to do with the choices 3rd parties offered for us on Devy currently. So one is a preference "who is better", this one is asking the facts (or hopefully): What are you buying?

@TFAO: its true, the poll can't get more accurate anyways with the limitations of the system ^^; this IS voluntary poll afterall and comes with all the disadvantage for one.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

I'm not concerned about articualtion. They will both have shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle and head. Call me easy but that will be more than enough for me on a combined mode combiner. I also don't doubt that both figures will hold well on the arms and leg connections. The one doubt I have is the conenction beween Long Haul and Hook. It doesn't appear to be the greatest on Herc and seems more solid on Giant. Once again I am buying both and I am not saying one is better than the other, this is just a concern.

If fact, I am still in awe that we are getting two Devastators. Not only that but they are two completely different looking Devastators and yet they are both very much G1 Devastator. It's a great, if not expensive, time to be a hard core lover and collector of Transformers, G1 and Classics.

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only Herc so far for me. May get a green giant down the road, too soon to tell though.

14. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    to be fair, most of the pictures we've seen of Herc with a clear view of the point of connection between HL and DC have been thrown together mock-ups with blue tack filling in the joints...i really can't imagine they'd do a bang up job on all the other connections and then half a$$ the main chest point holding the entire top portion to the lower section...

unrelated to that ^, i really wish Giants forearms were more uh, giant, cause the rest of him, for the most part, is bada$$...

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Don't know if everyone remember back when Hercules was first developing:

TFC said they made a modified energon port (redesign, based on that), that's stronger. I assume that's what they are using.

16. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    from this pic you can see the 4 points (bigger circles) where heavylabor connects to dr.crank and a possible further two places, looks like it will be pretty solid connection wise
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  17. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    yer right about the cab being a point of connection dk...look at this picture, the cab is flipped forward...

and clearly the tabs on Dr. Crank can be seen here in white...

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Not sure, as much as I want to have Devestator in my classics display, I likely will wait for reviews on each and possible price drops as I really can't afford either at this point. :( 

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not saying that either connection point will suck. In fact I hope they BOTH are awesome. It is merely a small concern but thanks for the pics, it seems like they are going as far as thay can to make this thing connect as good as possible.

20. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Green Giant for me. I prefer the smaller scale and am really in to the look. Herc just leaves me cold in comparison.