Hercules "fixes" mega thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Zambot, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    (MODS please move this to the appropriate forum if this one isn't correct.)

I think this is sorely needed. One place to have all fixes for every Hercules member as we compile the most common issues.

I'm going to create a slot for each bot.
    I'd love to get the help of Mods and also If people want to PM me with the latest updated fixes for bots that have been released. I will try and comb through the mega thread and get things going.

So Far, there are issues with Exgravers Shovel, Heavy Labor's hip ratchets and now I'm hearing that Structor has a similar Ratchet issue.

Let's get this official "Fixes" Mega-thread started! If you have info that needs to be added please leave a post or PM me with links and I will repost them here!!

2. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Exgraver Fixes

HeavyLabor now comes with an extra Shovel Arm replacement for Exgraver, but it is uncertain how long this will continue past the initial run of Heavy Labor.
    Hopefully, the next run of Exgraver will have improvements so that a replacement is no longer necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Heavy Labor Fixes

Currently TFC is planning to ship new fixed pieces for the Heavy Labor hip ratchet problem. It will most likely be included with one of the last two figures. What exact pieces will be updated is not stated yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  4. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Structor Fixes

5. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Dr. Crank Fixes

6. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Mad Blender Fixes

7. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Neck Breaker Fixes

8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    heres a pic of the "shave"

[​IMG]

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

10. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

@Zambot - I would suggest you alter Heavy Labor's post to let people know that there is another option besides cutting. Here's a link from the megathread.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...toys-hercules-megathread-663.html#post6859093
    Apparently synthetic lubricant will help a lot as well.

Since this is a modification thread, paint tips might also help for those looking to paint NB's blade and EX's shovel. I've read that GAMES WORKSHOP Scorpion Green mixed with a little yellow and a little aluminum matches nicely. Sorry I don't have a link for that one.

To match the purple, I've read that a 50/50 mix of Tamiya x-16 and Citadel Liche Purple works well. I can't remember who posted these color combos otherwise I'd credit them.

I haven't tried any of these personally since I've yet to receive my bots but my screwdriver and X-Acto are ready and waiting!

Great thread by the way!:) 

11. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a fix but a warning. Hercules' male shoulder ports are larger then his legs. If you stick either Mad Blender or Structor into the arm ports, they will stretch out the female ports and neither leg bots will stay on the male leg ports.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far, yes. Might be dropped in subsequent runs, if new Heavy Labors have the fixed hips pre-equipped.

Turns out not to be the best solution. Seems to work out alright for just Heavy Labor himself, but once you toss another three robots on top of him, you'll notice the lack of tension pretty fast.

If you can manage to not move Heavy Labor's hips at all straight out of the package, then you'll be able to open up the hips and fix it just as TFC has done: apply some lubricating gel to the hip gears.

13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    With the new hips, I do recommend opening them up first, and checking that there's grease between the ratchet tab and the gear teeth. Then you're good to go. If that area is bone dry to start off with, then you're asking for breakage again, I'd imagine.

Just pull the hip joints out and put them back in so that the lubricant is sandwiched in there. Then movement will help spread it around afterwards.

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So instead of cutting the plastic squares you can just open it up & lube them?

....wow that probably sounds wrong out of context.

16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yes.

There's supposed to be some sort of silicon-based lubricant (Shock Oil, I think it was called) that you can buy at RC Car hobby shops that's ideal for this sort of thing. More common petroleum-based lubricants like vaseline possibly have some adverse effects on the plastic. WD-40 is an absolute no-no.

Or you can just install the replacement hips (again, open them up to check the lubricant coverage first), and then you're good to go. And then if you run into any issues down the road, then you can fix the other set up.

17. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ Indeed. I did the shave shown on page 3 plus R/C car plastic gear lube, in this case "Tamiya Molybdenum Grease" which is widely available on the Internet or at just about any hobby store that sells R/C. It is a highly rated product that is safe to use on ABS.

I did about an hour of research last week and Vaseline can deteriorate some plastics like ABS...I saw one chemical test that showed deterioration at just 70F

--Echo

18. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ratchet joint on my structors right arm more or less discintigrated today. It kind of holds in robot and vehichle mode positions but i just dont want to try totransform him and make it work. Ive contacted chimungmung about replacement parts or and exchange. Ive only transformed him twice :( 

19. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was transforming TFC scavenger here. and his left shoulder/wheel panel went super lose and the right side went super tight.

I'm trying to remove his back piece to see what's wrong. I removed 5 screws (As seen in pics) but the purple plastic half won't come apart.

(I plugged in those grey plug in the front. were there screw under those? i can't remember)

Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, the last two screws are under those plugs you installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.