Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp... WTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wyvern, Feb 5, 2009.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose 25th Anni SS is horrendously loose. Just about every single joint on him is loose like crazy, with possibly his left wrist being the only tight joint on the whole figure.

I was planning on getting the Henkei versions of Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust seeing as how they're only 300NT more than a Hasbro Deluxe, but now I'm worried that if I do come across them, I'll be paying the same price as a Voyager for a figure that's going to need a fair bit of work.

As for Classics Skywarp, I have that one and his right cannon was so loose in both the arm and wing sockets that it would literally fall out.

2. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was thinking about getting Henkei SW and Thundercracker, but now that i hear all this negative stuff i may rethink that. I would be pissed if i spent all that money and got crappy figures.

3. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I bought Henkei Thundercracker even knowing it would be a floptastic mess. I was just ready and waiting with some nail polish and now it's awesome.

4. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

My Skywarp is fine, but Thundercracker's guns and wings are pretty floppy. I'll end up fixing him eventually. However, Henkei Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Dirge all look GORGEOUS together. No regrets.

I had no idea how much more I'd like the Henkei paint jobs until I got them in my hands. I'll be purchasing a bunch of the Henkei figures I passed on in favor of Universe now. I can't wait for Dirge and Thrust.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I call BS. I've got two 25th Starscreams that say otherwise.

Anyway, my Thundercracker isn't that bad. Sure ShadowStitch had already put a coat of nail polish in the arm socket, but I simply tightened the screws on the back of the arms some and the shoulder joints are just fine now.

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Henkei Skywarp is perfect - no issues.

Like most, my Thundercracker has trouble with his missile launchers, but he - and I - will get over it.

7. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    The wing joint and null rays on my TC were loose. a little nail polish fixed them up. SW was fine.

8. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

I call BS on the BS call. I have 4 25th SS figs, 3 are loose and one is not. Bear in mind that when people are talking about mold degradation, there isn't just one mold that makes every figure on the planet - it is reasonable to assume that many of the dies are not up to spec anymore, while some might still be good.