Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp... WTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wyvern, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Seriously, WTF???

I had them in my Pile of Loot from BBTS since they came out. I finally decided to ship out my loot and got them today. I open them and transform the suckers... WOW! They are horrible. What a floppy mess!!! WTF happened? Where was the QC??? I am very disappointed. I had read some of the complaints but I never gave them much thought. For some stupid reason i thought mine would be alright.

So, how can I fix these? Can anybody direct me to some threads that can help me fix these problems?? i.e. Thundercrackers shoulder canons, loose joints on both of them.... Well the joints i can fix with super glue, nail polish, or Pledge Future floor finish. What I'm most concerned with are Thundercracker's canons adn the looseness of the thigh/knee leg area... the part where the thigh slides into the lower leg...

2. startah

startah Well-Known Member

wow are they that loose? i have preorder a skywarp also not from BBTS but from robotkingdom..

3. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I fixed the cannon and wing issue on my thundercracker with a thin coat of superglue, makes it all more snug :)  No idea what to do about the knees though

4. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Both my SW and TC are perfect. They are a little loose, but nothin some ol' clear polish can't fix

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

i just got Thundercracker and yea Im trying to work out the polish thing. How do u apply it?

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mold degradation. The molds for the Classics Seekers have been used so much now that they're wearing down and the newer figures are suffering from some major QC issues.

7. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

my classics skywarp is awesome, haven't opened the henkei one yet.

thundercracker's launchers wont fit in the upper arms like a lot of other peoples, lol.

8. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem with my TC was the right arm launcher issue. The left arm was fine. You shoulda went Classics for Skywarp.

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

A reminder concerning Thundercracker: the missile launcher pegs are fine; it's the arm holes that are too big. If you're going to use nail polish or superglue to fix the loose launchers, apply it to the arm holes, not the launcher pegs.

10. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have the target ultra magnus and skywarp set so i opted to get thundercracker henkei only. i bit the bullet with TC even though i knew about the looseness. mine is still misb as i'm remodeling and i haven't opened some of my things until i'm all settled in. i hope my set isn't as loose as wyvern's but in the end it'll be up for display in alt mode anyway. still....for an exlusive we pay as an import at an average of 70 dollars...you'd figure...

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I do have classics Skywarp. He is WAY better.
    So mold degradation is the problem? Shit. Did Rainmaker come out as crappy? Hope they fix the mold for the upcoming Thrust and Dirge exclusives.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Yeah, even though I read all the stories about these two I still purchased them. I am leaving them in the box though. When Thrust and Dirge come in I MAY open all 6 of the henkei seekerrs. Not sure yet. Right now I have all the normal release classic's seekers out and the botcon one's in the box set not on display. I am afraid to take the Henkei SW & TC out for fear they will suck. They look like they could be decent in the box, however you really can't tell.

My Universe Acid Storm is actually the BEST out of all my seekers. He is super tight in all joints and the launchers fit perfect! Now my new Universe Starscream on the other hand is a floppy mess. The joints are all loose and the wings are floppy in bot mode. The launchers fit in his arms well, however don't stay under the wings all that well. They are really loose.

I do hope the new Exclusive Thrust and Dirge are somewhat fixed. They are more expensive then TC & SW were.

13. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My newest Classics Starscream was the same way with the loose right arm cannon. I found that if you unscrew the upper arm, put some superglue in the hole and screw it back together somewhat tighter than it was originally (beware cracking), it fixes this up pretty well.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Actually a loose floppy mess of a classics jet goes all the way back to the orignal classics Starscream. I remember some people taking classics SS back to the store because he had all the same problems TC does. I really do think that Henkei TC was made with a mold that was wearing out. Acid storm is perfect. Of the 4 versions of the classics F-15 mold I own, he's the one with the most secure joints. He beat out Hasbro Skywarp.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

yeah my original classic's SS suffers from some of the same issues as well.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, shame about these figures QC, seeing how expensive they were.. for the shoulder cannons, apply a thin coat of glue or nail polish with a brush, on the sides of the hole, on the shoulder.. thats wat i did, theyre nice n snug now.. and u already know how to do the loose joints.. after that, it feels pretty good.. and actually, my skywarp was fine. no loose joints, shoulder cannons were ok too...not bad enough to warrant fixing :D 

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem fixing my figures. I just expect them to not need fixing righ out of the package. Especially for the price I paid for these.

And yes, Skywarp wasn't as bad as Thundercracker but I still wasn't 100% happy with him. But other than the looseness... they look great. Dirge and Thrust better kick ass though LOL.

18. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    my first uni starscream was bad but i got another one and it is tight.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny, my Starscream (the first one) has been fine; same with Hasbro's Skywarp and Acid Storm. My Thundercracker hasn't been too loose, but the shoulder cannon thing is the rub for me, at is with for just about everyone. You'd think Takara might've noticed the damn things don't stay on when in robot mode. I'm really hoping Dirge and Thrust don't have this issue but we'll see.

Knowing my luck, I'll have paid whatever it was for Thundercracker (off TFsource, $60 or 70-something at the time? I forget) and have him with loose cannons, while Hasbro will someday introduce a Classics Sunstorm (one last chance to milk that mold, should it happen), and him and Acid Storm will be practically perfect, meaning two obscure Seekers for about $20 or so combined.

Maybe this is Takara's way of saying 'We can be just as absent-minded with QC as our American counterparts.'

20. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

The nail polish thing eluded me for a long time... though I've only used it on ball joints. I applied the nail polish to the ball, let it dry, popped it on, and hoped it worked. It never lasted too long with me... it always peeled off on me. Super Glue, on the other hand, has worked great (sometimes made ball joints TOO tight!)... what I did with that was apply super glue to joint, pop it in ASAP, and move the joint around in every direction I can... let it sit a few seconds tilll it gets tacky, then move it more... DON'T LET IT DRY when it's not moving. Keep it moving. You'll feel it tighten... keep moving it.

I had a super loose ankle join on my Universe Sunstreaker. It's almost too tight now... I still need to use something to pry the foot out from alt mode... but once I get it out, boy is it sturdy.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person... :lol