Henkei Classics 2.0 Minibots Attack Team & Spy Team C18 & C19 Photos w comparisons

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GenZhao, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Well, the dudes just said everything. :lol 

What's with the 2 shades of Yellow/Orange found on Wheelie? Also, Brawn's spotting a lighter color that just don't fit somehow.

IMHO, Warpath is a win instead so there's a plus point there.

In general, this is one of those rare occasions that I would actually prefer Hasbro's Universe version over Henkei. :( 

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Kind of funny these are better with the Hasbro releases. I am surprised that the Henkei releases managed to completely botch the paint apps. And, I guess it's hard to add chrome to such small figures?

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no just look at the gun for cyclonus hes a small minicon

4. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    No! He's a Targetmaster! :D 

*doesn't like minicons*

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man these are secksy!

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Big ol fat ass meh.

Glad to stick with Hasbro here, except for the Cliffjumper of course - but I like the Classics deluxe version of Bee/Jumper anyway.

7. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Holy sh!t those look freakin' awesome , I want them all now!!!

8. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    When these were first announced, I was pretty excited about them, especially since this was an opportunity for TakaraTomy to fix Brawn's odd-colored face –- my big problem with the Hasbro version. They went through all the trouble of repainting the guy in screen accurate olive green...AND then left the black face?? WTF? I was really hoping they would fix this error before shipping the guy out. Ah well. As it stands, I'm no longer tempted to import these sets, even if I do want Cliffjumper. Beachcomber and Cosmos are almost identical to the Universe ones, Wheelie's new scheme is absolutely dreadful, and Brawn has that weird face. Warpath looks great, but not enough to get me to import. So that leaves Cliffjumper, which is certainly not a $30+ figure.

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Most of these aren't different enough from their US releases to warrant me buying the Henkei version.

Yeah, Cliffjumper has a VERY different deco than Bumblebee (that's the whole point, isn't it?), but it's still a RED BUMBLEBEE, not Cliffjumper.

Brawn and Warpath look slightly better, but the one problem with Universe Brawn (the black face) is still present in the japanese version, and Warpath's color - though better - is only marginally so.

If IMO Warpath isn't that big of a change compared to the US version, both Beachcomber and Cosmos barely count as a repaint to me.

And then there's Wheelie ....

No Henkei for me on these guys. Certainly not paying $30 for a red Bumblebee.

:rolleyes: 

Exactly!

-airfox

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yeah the problem is they didn't add any paint apps to these figures, using the same as Hasbro's, they just changed the colors on them.

Randy

11. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly.

Redeco <> repaint. "Repaint" implies that they actually paint over the entire existing figure, which neither Hasbro nor Takara do. For redecos they actually put a different dye into the injection mold. The color of the plastic itself is changed for that production run.

In fact, I don't think there is a single Henkei release so far that could legitimately be called a "repaint."