Help With Loose Joints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by darthschroeder, Dec 28, 2012.

1. darthschroeder

darthschroeder Macro-Con

I need some advice on how I can get some loose joints on some of my Transformers. My MP-01's (U.S. Version) wrists are so floppy that he looks a little swishy when I pose him holding his Ion Cannon, and my MP-10's (TRU Version) ankles are loose and I am afraid that he will topple from my shelf, knocking all the figures in front of him over and possibly being damaged by the fall.
    I have heard about using small amounts of super glue on the joint; applying the glue while moving the part that needs to be tightened so it won't get stuck in place. I am afraid to do this because I don't want to run the risk of ruining the toy by gluing the part in place or discoloring the plastic with poorly placed glue.
    Anyone got any advice on another method of joint tightening, or some words of wisdom that would help with the super gluing method?

2. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't use superglue...

User clear fingernail polish. it's cheap and will not ruin a figure, and it can be removed by either rubbing alcohol (which will also take off the paint) or just by chipping it off... just be careful...

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little something I filmed a couple years ago demonstrating how to use clear fingernail polish to tighten joints. I've also heard amazing things about future floor polish but I can't vouch for that personally.

How to Tighten loose Joints - YouTube

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter: