Customs: Help with custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by StarAngel, Jan 13, 2006.

1. StarAngel

StarAngel Long live the Decepticons

This may not be precisely TF-related but I was wondering about kit-bashing. I want to take Wonder Man and make him into one of my own characters. All I really need to do with him is repaint the shirt and do something with his hair. My character's hair. . .wait like me get a picture.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The red-head is the one I'm referring to. I haven't seen any toy that would be perfect for the other. Tall and lanky. Anyways what can I do with Wonder Man's hair to make it like that? What kind of clay? Where do you get it? Is it expensive? I don't do customs so . . .but its something I would like to know as well so I don't have a bunch of waste.
    Can anyone help?

2. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

sculpy, from walmart. dry it on the figure w/ a hair dryer. oh, and acryclic model master brand paints are great for hand painting.

3. Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point Well-Known Member

for the tall lanky one check into the new Riddler from "The Batman" series

4. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

oh, and if you need to take apart those type figures without damaging them, boil them...the material will get soft enough to pop out of place.

5. StarAngel

StarAngel Long live the Decepticons

Boil them?? I only wish I had something to experiment with but I had putting a toy thru the torture unneccessary. If I can do something to mess it up, you are looking at the very person!
    But thanks about the sculpty stuff idea? Has anyone ever used Crayola clay? Just curious.