HELP SAVE TF TCG! Here’s how:

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by SuperSlacker, Jul 22, 2020.

1. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Sign the Change.org petition:

http://chng.it/Ld9KY7knyp

Share it! Comment under it!
    Have your significant other sign it!
    Have your friends & family sign it!
    Call Wizards of the Coast! Email them!
    Call Hasbro! Email Hasbro!
    Get others to do the same!
    Comment on HasbroPulse!

Tell Hasbro & WotC to pause it, not end it!

If enough of us make our voices heard, it’s not impossible that we could see a surprise wave 6 resurrection next year once this pandemic is over! BELIEVE!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Why can't I give your post like 1000 likes?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've signed and shared, plus my sons who play with me have signed too.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nemesis Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think we need a "Headmaster Don" person for the TFTCG. Like every time there is a show from WotC someone stands up, gets the mic, and goes "Hi, my name ist TCG (name), perhaps you have heard of me. Are there any plans to continue or bring back the Transformers TCG?". I nominate Vangelus!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, that's actually not a bad idea. What do you say @Vangelus ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the one thing standing in the way of this is without TFTCG I kinda have nothing left at WOTC to interact with or have much interest in :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  7. Nemesis Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Good point.

8. Nemesis Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    (Sorry for the double post)

What happens when you got angry about your favorite card game getting canceled out of nowhere, watching one of your favorite movies from the 80s, and trying to raise awareness so the TCG does not get canceled?

This happens:
    TFTCG Conan Scourge 03.jpg

Wizards of the Coast, I have never prayed to you before.
    I have no tongue for it.
    No one, not even you, will remember if we were good players or bad.
    Why we played, or why we collected.
    All that matters is that we came together and had fun.
    That's what's important!
    Valor pleases you, Wizards... so grant me one request.
    Grant me more sets!
    And if you do not listen,
    then the HELL with you!

• Like Like x 2
  9. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

No apologies needed. You are simultaneously both the hero we need, and the hero this TCG deserves.

Also, thanks for letting me crash in your truck cab for so long. You’re the real MVP. ;J

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Eh... personally I think the reason it's being cancelled is because of dwindling interest in a game that peaked during Combiner Wars... I'm still only really interested in completing my Combiner sets and that's it...

I still think the game would of had a lot more appeal if they included characters from other toy lines like Beast Wars but apparently they had no interest in doing that.

Another reason is possibly because I think Hasbro was pushing them to cross promote with whatever their current toy line was which is how we ended up with Combiner Wars, Titans Return, Siege cause remember that first wave wasn't doing any of that but every wave since then has been cross promotion... So really I don't think any petition is going to save this thing. Wizards doesn't want to do Beast Wars, Hasbro has a Beast Wars toy line coming up, Hasbro is pushing Wizards to do cross promotion... that means they either have put Kingdom into the card game or refuse to make any more cards.

I say to hell with them... Just give me some blank templates and I'll make my own damn cards!

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you are wrong and Beasts we’re coming soon. WotC always said they don’t want to put to many types of characters out at once. And with Titans, the Decepticons had 5 “beast” characters. I think that was the push toward the new type similar to Alpha Bravo did for helicopters
    to bad we’ll never know

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say I agree with this assessment. Origins and GenCon proved there was definitely interest in the game. PAX-U confirmed it. They (WotC) even stated there was growing interest in the game, but "there wasn't enough interest growing to meet the needs to a broader fanbase". Sounds a little contradictory. I still think there is a lot of undisclosed information they do not want to mention for the real reason they cancelled the game. But WotC was aware of the growing interest in the game (also they, including Hasbro, did a lousy job of marketing the game and I partially believe this was on purpose).

• Like Like x 1
  13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There were "beast" characters in wave 1 with the Dinobots, that's not really relevant though because those are G1 Mecha beasts not the organic beasts from Beast Wars which Wizards specifically said they didn't want to do.

14. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you find the quote you're referencing? I remember in interviews I conducted they said they specifically were never doing the Bayverse movies. But I also remember them discussing that they would do Beast Wars eventually, but probably not a Beast Wars only wave. Actually very similar in concept to what we are seeing in Kingdom.

15. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    There were no "beast" characters. The Dinobots were called "Dinobot" similar to how the Predacons were labeled as "Predacons" Titans was the first wave of actual "Beast" labels.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

When the card game first came out I was really hoping for Beast Wars and Beast Machines themed card decks. I've mentioned it in a few different posts around here. At some point another member of these forums had pointed out to me a video where someone from Wizards was talking about how they were never going to do Beast Wars because they couldn't figure out how this tiny organic looking rat was suppose to hurt a robot that's bigger and has more armor than he does. They're clearly not Beast Wars fans since the whole organic angle seemed to be the main reason they didn't want to do it.

I'm having trouble finding the post, maybe I blocked whoever posted it but you should be able to find it on these forums.

If that's the same video I saw maybe I misunderstood them because I didn't interpret that as not a Beast Wars ONLY wave. It sounded to me like not a Beast Wars wave AT ALL! Do you have a link to that?

Dinosaurs are beasts, so are the G1 Predacons... What the heck are you talking about and how is it at all relevant to Beast Wars?

There are no Beast Wars characters in Titans, those are the Decepticon Headmasters who transform in ROBOTIC beasts not organic ones, same as the Dinobots and G1 Predacons. No one said anything about whatever labels you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
  17. Nemesis Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Puh, that was in one of the video interviews... I think? I do not remember the Bayverse part, but the have said something about Beast Wars character cards.

Totally on your side here!

This year sucks, no doubt, but if the game would have made a great return in 2021 with Wave 6 (I mean, if WOTC would have said, no W6 this year, because, I could have totally understand it) with a special tie in to the release of Pulse Unicron and "a reformat" mechanic to turn Megatron into Galvatron, Thundercracker into Scourge and Skywarp into Cyclonus, and Insecticons into Sweeps I think more people would have looked into it. A Unicron theme deck would have been cool as well. Perhaps even a new more appealing Starter Deck? Or some kind of Deck building toolbox?

The Wave could have been released in conjunction with the 35th Anniversary of The Movie.
    - At the moment it looks like the Studio Series will cover the 86 Movie - put a booster in every box
    - I am sure there will be a special home release of the Movie - put a booster in every box
    - Make a special The Movie only item loot box thing with several items - put a booster in every box (perhaps with even an older one)
    - The Movie gets rereleased in theaters - everyone gets a Character card (no promo or stuff like that, just a card from Wave 6)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    I’m talking about the mode designation on the actual cards. I know Dinobots and predacons beasts but on the actual cards, they are not called that. That’s what the heck I am talking about

as for being BW, you brought up the dinobots being beasts. I’m just referring to “beast” as an alt mode designation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What about them?

Yeah I kinda got that but that doesn't explain what you're talking about. How is it relevant? I said they didn't want to do Beast Wars. You said they already had beasts in Titans. I pointed out those are G1 beasts which has nothing to do with Beast Wars and that the Dinobots was around in wave one. None of this has anything to do with what we're talking about so why even bring it up?

It it just because the word "Beast" is in the title? Cause if that's the case no one said anything about no beast more designations on cards. This was specifically about Beast Wars, any other beast characters are totally irrelevant.

I didn't say the Dinobots were Beast Wars, I just said they were beasts. You're the one who brought up G1 Beastformers.

And again... why? No one said anything about beast as an alt mode designation. We were clearly talking about Beast Wars. You seemed to be presenting this as evidence that they've already done Beast Wars.

You do understand that Beast Wars is the title of a specific series not just any Transformer with a beast mode right?

20. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Beast Wars + Beasts

And I can't find anything that says WOTC didn't want to do Beast Wars.

That's it

• Like Like x 2