1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Help removing worn stickers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slag13, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Slag13

Slag13 Autobot Flamethrower

Any hints on how to safley do this? I don't want it to rust or use anything that is going to eat the plastic, but just peeling them off isn't working. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Use Goo Gone. Works like a charm. Scrape most of it off with your fingernails then put a few drops on the residue, wait a minute or two, and wipe it off. Soap and water afterwards is probably a good idea too.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Goo Gone? How would that effect chrome? The stickers on my re-Megs got to be a mess somehow and need to be removed and replaced.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That I don't know. Though I'd be more worried about scraping off the bulk of the sticker first.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

When I was removing decals from the wings of Divebomb I used blowdryer and it worked out surprising well. Just set to medium heat and blow it a few times then peel it off.