Customs: Help! MP Grimlock

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by viper2391, Aug 17, 2014.

1. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello fellow TF fans! I recently purchased an awesome loose MP Grimlock (Hasbro reissue) here in Japan without box, manuals, sword and its missing the door/compartment for the battery on its right shoulder (top). It's a very good deal to pass so I took it.
    I want to ask you guys how to best do an alternative cover door, I was thinking of cutting some plastic for it but I guess I have to let some experts here share their expert opinion. Many thanks!

[​IMG]

2. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

To do this, I advise that you get a piece of ABS plastic that approximates the color. That will make it a bit easier to paint if needed. Old broken electronic equipment cases (DVD players, game consoles, computer cases, scanner/printer cases, etc) are good for this purpose. You can simply cut a new door and use a file to fine-tune the shape and fit.

It looks like the door simply "pops in", so it shouldn't bee too difficult. Meantime, I'll try to get more info on the door and see if I can give you some better specifics on how to proceed.

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @JackKnife Thanks in advance. Your alias suits you. Kinda McGyver.

4. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

No problem. :)