Help me out: is there a reason that I’m not “allowed” to sell this figure on eBay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smokescreen38, Jul 17, 2021.

1. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    I've been making space in my collection. I also have found Buy It Now with offers is what works. I will price slightly high for what the solds show, then make and accept offers in my real asking range. I have had one no pay. That was annoying but I sold the item soon after I was able to close the no pay case. Based on some messages before the fake buy, I'm pretty sure the no pay was attempting to punish me for selling a damaged box item but only knocking $40 off the price.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since you've sold it twice, you should know about the price the legit bidders are willing to pay. BIN that forces the buyer to pay immediately.

As for why the non-payers do it, besides just to be assholes, maybe they have one as well they want to sell. They jack up your item & ties it up for a little which more or less takes away your item as competition of theirs.

• Like Like x 5
  3. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

That was me until a few weeks back. I wanted to sell what I could before my name came up for the mandatory switch to Managed Payments. Which happened very soon after a half dozen sales.

I've got a little-used bank account, and it's not hard to get an EIN (to give rather than SS#) so I will give them access and probably sell what I can this year and put up with the switch from PP. Next year, as I understand it, if you sell over $600 it gets reported to the IRS. I really am done forever at that point. So is the garage-sale component of eBay.

4. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Thanks to all for the feedback!

Hearing that it’s a common phenomenon is really disappointing.

I think I will go with that buy it now/allow offers approach when it goes back up. I appreciate the suggestions!

Yes, this Megabolt Emissary figure is a known GPS case making it really only worth owning for an MOSC collector. I called that out in the description specifically which probably limited interest to some degree. It also probably saved some folks from disappointment. The red/blue version is a really fun figure. It was mind blowing at the time it came out. That’s the version to get.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They track you through your cell phone, not your action figures.

I picked up one of these loose in a lot of other toys a few years ago and it broke very quickly. I think I might have the first release somewhere MOSC. It was a neat figure... while it lasted.

6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    They've been making changes to be more anti-seller like eBay so don't expect it to last.