Help me build a yugioh card deck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slone1993, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

I do not see many yugioh threads here so i will start with this one. I am trying to make a legal but also strong yugioh card deck. I am trying to include the legal versions of the egyptian god cards as well look at the links provided below even though the american legal slifer has not yet been released. I am trying to make a 40 card deck with 20 monsters 10 traps and 10 magic with 7 tribute monsters 1 ritual monster 2-3 mo;nsters that make a fusion monster and the rest what ever with 17-1900 attack power with 4stars or monsters that have good effect. i go by the banned list too here are some cards for the deck i have come up with already

1. Obelisk the Tormentor
    2. Slifer The Sky Dragon
    3. The Winged Dragon Of Ra
    4. Relinquished
    5. Black Illusion riutal
    6. X Head Cannon
    7. Y dragon Head
    8. Z Metal Tank
    9. Monster reborn
    10. Nightmare Wheel
    11. Solemn Wishes
    12. Black Luster Soldier- Enovy Of The Beginning ( Was Forbidden)
    13. Spear dragon
    14. Vorse Raider
    15. Magical Cylinder

That is all i can think of right now i just want cards from the original yugioh series i do want any from yugioh gx or 5ds. any more suggestions

Here are links for the legal versions of the egyptian god cards

Heeeere's Slifer! Legal Egyptian God cards - DuelCity.com

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Firslty, the Yugioh thread is in Toyark.

Secondly, tributes and Rituals? Weren't those phased out like, ages agao? If you ain't tributing for a Monarch or Jinzo, you ain't tributing for a good monster, and that's not even including the new GX or 5D cards.

Thirdly, where's Mirror Force? And also, a few extra copies of Trap Jammer/Heavy Storm would be useful.

Oh, and ihate to tell you this, but that deck is going to get killed by any effect monster wielding deck, specifically the old Gyzarus Abuse decks, or an Equip Warrior Toolbox deck (which is basically the Warrior's Triumph Structure Deck).

Oh, and get some Gadgets (red/green/yellow) to keep a supply of good low-level monsters to tribute. Add Ultimate Offering as well.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/418415-yu-gi-oh-appreciation.html

Also, with the requirements that you have and what's out today, you'll probably loose fast.

EDIT: I'm assuming that you don't want new cards because you don't want to learn new rules, but you have to understand that if you try to enter a tournament or casually duel with someone, you're going to think that they're cheating making the game longer.

4. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

alright well i do not really compete is tournaments i just like the old classic yugoh cards from the oriignal show.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, but what about dueling with others?

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Step 1: Buy all the most expensive cards
    Step 2: Put them together
    Step 3: Never risk losing to anyone by playing them in a game.

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I can't say much, that's not a good deck. At all. Are you going to try and make a Kaiba deck or something? Since you won't compete, you'd have more fun building replicas of on-screen characters. I did that in the beginning, and then I stopped after GX, then started a month ago.

8. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

If you're planing on using tribute monsters, throw in a couple Cost Downs or at least some monsters that can count for two tributes like Kaiser Sea Horse and Double Coston. Some extra magic/trap jammers and heavy storms would also help. But you need a Mirror Force.

However by strictly limiting yourself to just the original cards, unless you have an anti-deck, it's very likely you're going to lose pretty fast if you're going up against today's current decks. Also the legal version of Ra is not worth using.

Just my :2c: .

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Also, that legal Slifer has awful effects. Ra seems decent, but Obelisk is the best of the 3. If you want a ritual, go with Black Luster Soldier, or Demise King of Armageddon. Does Demise count as a GX card, though?

EDIT: Also get a few of the Crashbug cards for real cheap off eBay. They may be 'knew' but they're good for tributes.