Help! Masterpiece silverstreak KO

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jackisking, Jan 12, 2015.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, anyone have an authentic Tokyo MP Silverstreak. I won one off of ebay and Im pretty sure its a KO. My biggest concerns is he cant peg his rifle and his stamp looks more like TO MY vs TOMY. Also his side mirrors feel less firm than my other datsuns. The box for the most part looks legit with the ribbing unlike the rest of my takara boxes it is sharp around the edges and the top rounds into the sides. My question is is this a KO or because it was a special release there were differences in it versus the regular datsuns

2. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Hmm, dunno where the stamp is, but I just checked my quite definitely official silvie vs. quite definitely official smokescreen and silvie's mirrors are indeed slightly softer. Rifle works fine though.

3. jackisking

News Credits:
    Its on one of the inside leg panels that flip out i think the right side one.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how much did you pay?

5. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
  6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its unfortunate that there are already KOs of these relatively recent MPs. Ruins things for those trying to buy legit MPs later on...

7. jackisking

News Credits:
    Yeah thats the site i went to once i began to question authenticity. I took some pics of the box and his card. His card is not black like the rest of my MP cards The box had a crease but i noticed the top of the box rounds to the sides and the the cardboard pegs at the end stick out way to far. I dont think the seller who sold it today was aware because i asked it it was authentic or not. It wouldnt be the first time someone got sold a ko and didnt know. Im kinda hoping im wrong but the more i look I notice more differences from my legit stuff

Attached Files:

8. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    The collector card gives it away, you've got KO on your hands, on the KOs the collectors card background grid is purpleish on all the official ones its light blue, if I can see the difference on my PoS cell phone, sorry to say, but I'm pretty darn sure its a KO you've got

9. jackisking

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was hoping I was wrong, I feel bad for the guy who sold it to me who knows how many of his carbots he bought were KOs. There wasn't much need to doubt him when he said it was authentic because of the other stuff he was selling. I ll probably just ask him to refund me the difference between a KO and what I paid. Ebay is good for something after all. People that say there isn't a difference are full of something. To me the KOs just dont feel right in my hands almost like they are too light.