Help identifying this figure - Rodimus mold? KO?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blaynescott, Sep 21, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I was browsing another forum, and found this image in a users signature. The .jpg name is "Skycrow", but that doesn't turn up anything similar in google searching. I've contacted the user, but no reply yet.

[​IMG]

It looks like a classics Rodimus mold, but becuse of the clear-red plastic molded parts, I doubt it's a custom figure. It also looks like it has a single-eyed head, similar to Shockwave.

In any case, I really, really would love a figure like this, even if it's a KO.

Can anyone shed some light on what it is?

Attached Files:

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Test shot?

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Probably somebody's finished DIY kit that KOTOYS sold.

4. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. blaynescott

Ebay:
    I did some looking after reading your post, and I'm thinking as much.

Looks like a combination of the Black and clear Red kits sold of the Rodimus mold. Still can't figure the head on it though - I really do like the look though - very TF:p rime fodder-con. Every army needs it's disposable footsoldiers. ;) 

Here's an assembly guide for the kits (clear version), and the red and black sets I found @ KOTOYS.

Edit: I'm thinking of doing a custom like this one, as it really looks like a new version of 'Wildrider'.

Can anyone voice their experience with the SG BLACK RODIMUS CHMS KO?

I've bought their KOLD Black Optimus Prime Classics figure before, and it's sturdy as any retail figure - wonderful plastic quality. I'm worried this Rodimus, since it's not a 'KOLD' type KO will be filmsy and horrible for a custom. Opinions?

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well its made by CHMS so its pretty much the same quality you would get in their CHMS seekers (Which I hear are very very good if not the same as hasbro). People who built their DIY kits have said its great. Its still a little early to tell but we will know for sure in the coming months. I bought 2 of their SG rodimus KO's so I can tell you what their like when I get them.

7. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Very cool. :)  I'd assume the unassembled kits and the SG rodimus KOs with paint apps are the same thing originally (in terms of plastic quality/molding). I've heard any KO clear plastics are pretty fragile, but the solid-color cast ones are sturdy enough. I'm looking forward to getting confirmation about this KO. I really, really want to make a custom like the above figure. :) 

8. BreacherPrime

BreacherPrime Wreck & Rule

That's definitely the Classics Rodimus mold but I'm not sure what line that coloring of the mold is from.

I have Rodimus in my hands now and the head is definitely not from that mold. The shape is wrong and it's considerably bigger.