help identifying possible KO

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predimus, May 11, 2020.

1. Predimus

Predimus New Member

Ebay:
    hello, I just bought a bw masterpiece megatron from ebay and I am afraid it may be a knockoff. i t came in a masterpiece box it seems authentic, but the figure itself is darker than any of the authentic reviews of this figure that i have seen on ebay. Would there be any possible way if someone could help me see if this is a KO? it does have japanese audio but the soundboard is broken and cuts in and out. I am new here so i can't post any images as far as links go. thanks

2. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

As far as I know, he hasn't been straight KO'd yet. Some third parties have done him, but none of those would come in Takara boxes. I'm pretty sure it's legit, just seems to have some QC issues.

3. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    He has.

4. Predimus

Predimus New Member

Ebay:
    do either of you know enough to tell if i could add you on discord to show the pics i took to maybe take a look at the figure or know a place i can go to find out?

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If it came in a proper masterpiece box you should be alright, the KO comes in a white cardboard box. The legit article is in dinosaur mode in the tray, the KO is in robot mode. If it was MISB then you’re good, only risk there is the seller buying the real figure and the KO and swapping the packaging to try and pass the KO off as the original.

6. Predimus

Predimus New Member

Ebay:

thats what I was originally thinking its a dark purple with darker stripes. ive watched tons of reviews from people who bought theres from places like the bigbadtoystore and theirs is a more lighter purple than the one i received. this is the first masterpiece figure i bought this figure also came with a defective soundboard bought 6 lr44 energizer batteries and it doesn't seem to work right with any of them. i bought this figure off of ebay.