Help get Rollbar in TF3! Your support counts!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cypherXR, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Insecticons

Insecticons The different Kitbasher

What bout another Petition for Alien Monster - Cookehz in zeh Movie?
    Or another Petition for Blocky and unrealistic G1 - Chars?
    Or a different Petition against Flames on Optimus Prime?

Zis
    iz
    Phail!

2. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^this

3. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about you sign or don't sign. That'll say more than your snarky comments.

4. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My cousin works at ILM and as much as I hate to admit it, you're dead on. This past week they started putting the concept art in the computers and converting them to workable 3D models. However, I'm certain they could add in another character without too much trouble. They did it with Jolt in about the same timeframe.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They were getting paid by GM to add Jolt in. What's the incentive here?

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Fanwank

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Maybe if someone would draw up a robot mode design, they would be more inclined to include him. It would be too much work to come up with a robot mode this late in the game for a character that probably wouldn't do much.

I again point at the Long Haul concept from ROTF. That was fan created but it was complete. That may be the ticket for Rollbar.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The difference with Long Haul is that it was discovered way before they were even starting to film RotF. The concept was one of the first things we've seen.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And the fan that did Long Haul also happened to be a professional concept artist.

10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    His name is Josh Nizzi.....I guess >.>

11. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

More power to him if he can pull it off...

A bit of advice i can give him is, less is more e.g:

1. Remove "rollbar" stickers

2. Remove "outer" rollcage, looks too overkill

3. Remove hoodscoop

4. Remove extra lights on top of windshield

5. Skip "gullwing" gimmick on windows, looks odd

6. Re-locate autobot badge from side to front

7. Change color on autobot bagde from chrome/black to black/red

8. Remove "tailcage"

Also...

8. Change name to Blaster

12. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    better yet, just get a stock Jeep from the local dealership. That would 100x better than the fake rollbar.

The thing I don't like about this fake rollbar is that it's not practical. Too much CRAP attached to it, just makes it look stupid. I'd sign the petition if it was to get fake rollbar into a madmax movie. But definitely not for TF.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

All the add-on stuff wouldn't be a problem if they made Rollbar a narcissist.

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I might make a petition for my car to be in TF3. Id prefer that. Otherwise id rather have fewer bots with more character development not a load of characterless bots thrown in to cause more noise and explosions.

15. TommyBuilt

TommyBuilt New Member

Wow , allot of hate here . Obviously you guys are taking everything at face value . You really cant form an opinion unless you have seen it in person . I agree its over the Top it needs to be for what it does . I have never done an event with it and had people sit back hate like this, I am used to lines of kids 300 deep waiting to sit in the drivers seat and have their picture taken , I am used to people lining up taking pictures standing next to the tires. I am used to promoters calling me and asking me to bring it out to there event because it draws such a crowd . Even on the trailer going down the highway I get people hanging out of there sunroofs snapping pictures giving me the thumbs up as they pass by . I know its not for everybody , I agree, I don't think its the baddest Jeep on Earth. But it does bring a smile to allot of people faces .Its larger than life presence looks like a big Toy .I do think the Jeep really lends itself to the Character , I have no doubt that if they use it they will make changes , thats expected. For that matter They may like it better as Swindle or wheelie or who knows, hardly any of the vehicles have stayed the same as the originals anyways . The fact is its something over the top , that would make an awesome Toy and it would be a great Transformer. It doesn't stand out anymore than a Corvette concept car that doesn't exist or an all but unobtainable Ferrari , or a bot with gold teeth that drops the F bomb every five minutes (great for the kids , THANKS) or a bot with wrecking balls as nuts, really , really was that necessary! This was just submitted as a concept of Roll Bar , there are allot of options open as to what it could really be. I would love to see it as a wrecker of some sort , all flat blacked out with some missle launchers and more guns. look, I am flattered about this petition, I didn't ask for it but I am glad there are some people out there that feel the same way I do about it. I realize I could get 10,000 signatures and if Paramount doesn't want it, they don't want it .No big deal. I cant vote my way into a movie .I will say Obviously people like it, the first news thread had over 30,000 views alone not to mention the Youtube videos and the other sites.I am not looking for my five seconds of fame , I've already had it and not from this madness. Anyone who knows me , knows I stay on the sidelines, my work speaks for itself . I am not going to try and convince anyone that My Jeep is right for the movie if you like it you like it if you don't you don't .I get it , but at least have enough respect to know what your looking at and what your talking about before you go slamming somebodys hard work , wether it be mine or anyone else's. I have owned this Jeep for 26 years and I have built about everything on it , its not some catalogue built Captain Bolt on special .I have more time and effort in one wheel that most people have in their whole car. I have built allot of vehicles in the past for allot of people , I have built cars on TV ,I have had magazine covers , Won best of Trophies at SEMA , I have been lucky enough to work on some really cool projects with some very talented people , thats what I do .If this project goes on to become something , great , I would love to see it happen . I would like to Thank all My supporters on the project and to all the Haters , if you would spend a quarter of your time and effort doing a little homework before you have the whole story the internet would be a better place.

16. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

^Hi, people on this type of "fan" forums are ruthless but don't get discouraged.

I hope you get your vehicle onboard, really...

My friendly advice is that you need to make some changes so it fits with the rest of the vehicles in the movie.

I think the vehicle fits the character Blaster the most but you might have a bigger chance if you make it a decepticon...

17. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Ignore the haters. Really, as an off-road enthusiast, I LOVE it and it stands out as a modded Jeep. Guarantee if you brought that thing out here to CO, TF-related or not, you'd get a ton of love from the off-road groups (2010 Denver Auto Show actually had a really nice Jeep that was modded out like yours... well sans the stripper pole, lol). It may not be the "Baddest Jeep on Earth", but it's clearly a show model and, in my opinion, extremely well done. The TF line doesn't show enough love to modded off-road vehicles (like the ones I'm used to seeing, not stock) as far as I'm concerned, and personally? I'd love it if this Jeep was in the movie, or at the very least in the toy line. Like I said in a previous post of mine, whether it be this thread or another one about your Jeep, I don't get the hatred about the mods... then again, perhaps I am used to this level of mods judging on where I live and the heavily modded vehicles I have seen like your Jeep on a regular basis. Really though - ignore the haters. If your Jeep doesn't get in to the movie or the toyline, at least you tried. And some of us really do like the design and the mods. :) 

But, I'm not going to lie, I think it fits a Decepticon more than an Autobot, especially for Bay's movieverse. Anyway, don't get discouraged by what people here say. You ever come out to Colorado in the future, I'll be there to see that monster, because uh... yeah. It's very nice. :D 

18. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sensitive much?
    Look I get it. You put a lot of work on your Jeep; a lot of people like your Jeep. But that does not give you the right to throw a massive wall of text to all of us who don't like your fake rollbar. Not everyone will like it, get over it. This is a forum where opinions, valid or not, are shared. So please no more massive walls of text, press enter twice after a couple of sentences.

On an unrelated note: please support my petition to get my grandma's Prius as Motormaster. The Prius could combine with 4 Vespas to form the mighty Menasor.

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Scrapper was a con. Every Autobot in the movies has received at least one toy, even all three bike sisters, repaints or not have been or will be released.

20. TommyBuilt

TommyBuilt New Member

When your 12 pages deep and its my first post , I felt I had a little ground to make up . Sorry if you had trouble reading my long text. I have no expectation of everybody embracing the idea ,everyone has a right to an opinion. I think allot of people are looking way too far into specifics, the options are endless. I can tell you if they didn't show any interest I wouldn't have traveled the 800 miles each way to bring it to them. The negative opinions I expect, as I said its not for everybody . Its the disrespect I'm annoyed with. you can hate it without being a Dick! Just my 2 cents...