Help get Rollbar in TF3! Your support counts!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cypherXR, Aug 6, 2010.

1. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    And yet, ends up being a less-screentime bot with no lines. That's Bay for ya.

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The best argument so far is "at least we'll get a figure. Jolt got a figure."

What you all seem to forget is that the bike sisters, Alice, and two Constructicons appeared more prominently than Jolt, and only two of the three bike-bots got toys. I sincerely doubt that "Rollbar" would get a toy designed so late in the game. Jolt barely made it in under the wire, and we wasn't added in this late into filming.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Also, Jolt got a figure because his alt-mode was the heavily hyped Chevrolet Volt.

4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Innit. :) 

5. Thundercracker9

Thundercracker9 Member

exactly, he builds crazy stuff for living and figured his jeep fit the part, then they showed some intrest in requesting a spec sheet and photos.It has nothing to do with ego its exciting when someone appreciates something you have built. Everyone thinks he bought a bunch of stuff and threw it on there you couldnt be more wrong, The wheels alone took us about a month to make. Help the man out or not no need to bash his work

6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What no-one has mentioned yet though is, if they've already expressed an interest and have asked for specs, pictures etc., then there's no need for a petition really is there?

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Sorry, but I'd reather develop the characters we have instead of introducing a boatload more. Sorry.

Hasbro can make a Rollbar toy WITHOUT him being in the Movie though. Arcee was supposed to be in the 07 movie, but she was cut. But later down the line, Holy Crap, she gets a toy. Infact, Roll Bar already HAS a toy. (I kind of want it now though...)

8. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think if it was in the movie, it'd easily get a figure.

The reason we didn't get toys for all the constructicons or bike-bots was because they were too many of them and they were too similar. Hasbro like to have a variety of alt modes.

Both bikeformers seemed to be slow sellers as far as I could make out. I'm sure they would've made a new mold for the third bike if they thought it'd sell.

By contrast, picture this jeep Rollbar in a plastic bubble. I reckon it'd make for a very appealing toy.

9. Thundercracker9

Thundercracker9 Member

it doesn't hurt having some fan interest to back him up

10. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bingo. It certainly doesn't hurt. Hell, if it wasn't for an overwhelming outcry from fans, we might not have Peter Cullen voicing Optimus Prime.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    It generally takes a toy 1 year to go from idea to being in the stores. The TF3 line will last until Summer 2012, by my estimates. Hasbro's still got a bit of a window to make a "Rollbar" toy if they so choose. Who knows? Maybe they already had an idea for a Jeep, and this little incident might have just helped with some deco/design decisions.

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd love it if Rollbar is in TF3.

Even if he isn't more than Jolt's role in ROTF, I'd still like to see him. Why, you may ask? I think a lot of fans are forgetting that Jolt had one of the coolest robot modes of ROTF. I'd rather have Jolt be in ROTF for 15 seconds, than not be in it at all. Same with Rollbar. I think there's huge potential for this guy to have a cool robot mode, and he would get a cool toy too.

However, I doubt this poll will work. The fandom seems pretty divided on the inclusion of Rollbar as the Jeep in TF3, so this may end up doing more damage than good.

13. Thundercracker9

Thundercracker9 Member

it had done well with the fans when they thought it was already in the movie not sure why they dont express it now

14. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Because this fandom is like a see-saw. One minute they love something, the next they hate it.

15. Thundercracker9

Thundercracker9 Member

so much for community, I guess they would rather see giant robots with testicles,beards and canes and that hump legs

16. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    signed it....number 42 on the list.

as others have stated, I'm in it for the toy possibility of it....that's one sick Jeep.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There's plenty of movieverse toys of characters that never appeared in the movies.

If they make a toy of that vehicle, fine. But I don't want another random undeveloped Autobot, especially when the time they take to render it out could be used on something cooler.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really want that jeep in the film. It looks badass and the robot form could look badass too. It probably won't happen though

19. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Signed - #45. It'd make one hellova toy and has damn great pottentional for a sick robot mode. I'm all for it. Hope they make the most of it. :) 

I wouldnt mind him been a darker red though so it doesnt confuse the general audience with the Ferrari.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Of all the things for the fandom to rise up as one over, it's getting a cheesy-looking Jeep added to the movie at the last minute.