Help get Rollbar in TF3! Your support counts!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cypherXR, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    "There are better characters more deserving of a completely pointless petition or a souped up custom Jeep."

So there are better characters that should be in TF3 that also deserve a pointless petition...or a jeep? The characters deserve the jeep? I'm confused.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

What I'm saying is I don't understand why someone would supposedly build a souped up Jeep for Rollbar in order to get him into the movie when Hound or Swindle would make more sense.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    nah, i would lie kto haev him i nteh film. But Nah we haev to much autobots.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I don't know much good this is going to be, but remember -

These folks responsible for the films - the writing team, the director, etc. - they have no idea what is significant and what isn't about secondary and tertiary characters like Hound and Swindle. They've found a formula that sells and they know their key players are human beings running around near Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee.

Anybody else showing up in the film that is, in any way, a nod to the original show - that's icing on the cake. So, honestly, I don't care if it's Swindle, or Hound, or Brawn, or Rollbar, or WHOEVER - it'd just be neat to see a transforming jeep wrangler.

5. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally don't understand all the Jolt love either - while the character was okay, the toy was pretty awful, and movie model not that great.

If anything, I'd petition for a Blackout/Barricade return

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I signed for it, but now I'm kind of regretting it... I hope my email won't be spammed to death :( 

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    To be honest I don't think it's so much worse than most of the other alt modes we've seen. It's not as overly G1 as a green Jeep Hound, but it kind of fits in with the sorta choices they've been making. Rooted in G1, but mixed up enough to keep things interesting. And it definitely looks like it'd make a good toy.

Look at the positive reception it got when we thought it was going to be in the film.

Personally I wouldn't mind if it was for real, but a last minute addition probably isn't a good idea. I only want it in the film if it makes sense within the context of the storyline.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Scrapper says hi.

He made the Jeep years ago from my understanding, before the TF movies were big.

Jolt's toy wasn't bad at all, it wasn't the greatest but it was a nice, simple car-former with a unique alt mode, unique bot mode and unique weapon. To me, most people love Jolt because he got so little screentime for being such a new and unique character and they want him back in TF3 in hopes he'll actually get more time on screen or perhaps even a line or two. Since they already have the design and already created the character, there's really no reason not to use him.

As for Barricade and Blackout, I too would love to see the return of Barricade, but Blackout is dead. So is Grindor. Leave em dead.

As for the petition, first off lolinternetpetition, secondly if the only reason people want this bot in the is so they can get a toy of it, then why not just petition they make a toy of it? They've made toys of non-movie characters before, and often times they actually end up being better then actual movie based figures. There's already far too many bots in the film, they don't need to add more just to sate one guy's ego and show off his ridiculously over-pimped jeep. I wouldn't mind if they did make a toy of this thing, but I would much rather prefer they kept it out of the movie itself.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I have no idea what this means.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Scrapper was in the movie, for more then 10 seconds, and the only toy we got of him was a piece of Legends Devastator.

Even if the thing was in the movie, it wouldn't guarantee a toy was made of it.

11. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Signed, because I can.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    ...but...it did guarantee that a toy was made out of him. Like you just said, he was a piece of the Legends Devastator.

You're silly.

13. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Scrapper was in movie, and got like 0.2 seconds of screentime. His toy was never made. Duh!

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Apparently, he does have his own legends-class toy.

...duh.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

So you're saying that it would be perfectly ok if the only toy made of this jeep was a legends?

And I do have a good sense of humor :thumbs2: 

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    No, I'm not saying that at all. :peoples: 

This is the gist of what I was suggesting before:

Transformers is becoming a lot like Star Wars in terms of character releases. Even years after the character was featured prominently in the film, they're still getting released. Especially with a film trilogy like the Transformers series, I'd expect that you'll eventually see multiple iterations of whatever character you want to say. It's obvious that they haven't stopped marketing toys based on characters from the 2007 TF film and ROTF; I'd expect that characters/toys they missed before may end up getting a new mold/release eventually.

17. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    They could do it as a red repaint of the Wheelie mold just for the heck of it.

Yeah, I don't think they're just going to quit making movie toys when TF3 is done and over with.

If they continue to sell, they'll continue to make them.

18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, for the sake of discussion, how does someone's custom jeep warrant an appearance in a blockbuster film?

That's a stone's throw away from getting fancharacters in there. Not that fancharacters are terrible in and of themselves... Sorry but I'm generally against fanwankery.

I'd rather they take the effort that they would invest in utilizing this vehicle and try and tell a good story with the characters they already have.

19. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Sure, but it'd be a different story if they wanted to use one of your designs.

Look at the origin of Long Haul, and that ended up being one of the best looking bots in the movie. A good concept is a good concept, regardless of where it comes from.

20. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.