Help a noob out - Trustworthy Retailers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ByLaw77, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MegaDarth

MegaDarth Well-Known Member

Show.Z & Sarah Zhang on Facebook have never let me down

2. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you're based in Europe KapowToys and TFS Express are also reputable sellers.
    Some companies have their own shops with great pricing like Make Toys.

Also, there's a thread here about legitimate sellers from China on ebay: China Ebay Seller Check

It's also a good idea to follow the rule that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. So if you see a toy that normally costs $100 for $30, its risky and take all the precautions you can.

Have fun collecting! :) 

3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

M2, she is quite accomodating to requests/payment methods/shipping as well.

I also have heard top notch remarks about Terry Wong for US buyers (I believe these two worked together at a time but split things appart).

4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

BBTS is good and has great customer service. Lately they've been slow to ship orders out. They don't ship for free at any dollar level but have $4.00 shipping (slow).
    TFSource has improved and is good all the way around. Good service, good ship times.
    Chosen Prime is a solid vendor. They give you gift coupons you can apply forward to future products. They ship free at $150 I believe.
    Toy Dojo is my personal favorite. They do everything the others do but the owner Eddie never seems bothered by his customers and he's just been my favorite to deal with so far.

Robottoybase is good for China and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if you need something you can't get here (and they DO have things you won't find in stock anymore state-side). They can be a lil expensive on the shipping.

5. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Gratz! And welcome to the community. I would research the Fans Toys Dinobots. And I'll echo the other fans.

Big Bad Toy Store is good, but may have higher prices. Stock can be good.
    TF Source offers free shipping on orders over 150. bucks. Most MPs are around 100 bucks...
    Agabys is fun and friendly.
    Ages 3 and up is good and also reviews thier own stock on you tube.
    Chosen Prime is good.
    And Toy Dojo is amazing. Excellent customer service...

6. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Is TF-Direct good with customer service? I used them to order the OS Devastator packs from JinBao. Two have released, but they only sent the first one. The second hasn't shipped from what I can see. When I received the first one, I clicked the "confirm receipt" button in my account, thinking it only applied to the first - but now it says my entire order has been completed when it definitely has not. I sent them an email, but haven't received any response.

7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Unless you're in Italy and ordering 7 KO Ironhides, I'd say they're good. ;) 

[​IMG]

I'd give them a little and reach out again. I've used them a few times and they've always come through for me and other people have indicated the same thing. I'm sure it's an oversight they'll correct for you.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    TF Robots and Gerrutcamaro.

9. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never heard of that preorder penalty. Seems like way to much work to enforce if there is no altorith wince I am sure many cancel preorders due to the lack of a deposit required

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    BBTS is good, low flat-rate shipping, and a near encyclopedic selection of 3P offerings from Fans Toys to one-off obscure companies. They also have the most user-friendly pre-order system that lets you pre-order and cancel at any time with no penalties and you don't have to pay til it ships. TCP is great as well, very trustworthy and a quick shipper (BBTS moves like a turtle). Ages Three and Up is also good and surprisingly fast. I live in Florida and they're in British Columbia which is as polar opposite as you can get without going to Alaska, and A3U got my UW Computron here in two or three days.

11. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Toy Dojo and The Chosen Prime.