Help a noob out - Trustworthy Retailers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ByLaw77, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Hey all - I'm just starting collecting TF masterpiece figures. I'd like to start with some GigaPower Dinobots (because good lord, they're gorgeous). Which online retailers are the most trustworthy with their product? I've been bitten before in other lines with cheap Chinese knock-offs masquerading as the real thing, and don't want to learn the hard way. TIA.

2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Big Bad Toy Store
    Chosen Prime

Those two are my main retailers. There are also a number of reputable ebay sellers that other members will vouch for like Bobobaba, Netclow and ShowZ.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

Toy dojo is solid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I personally use: TFSource (they offer free shipping on orders 150 and over), TF-Direct (they offer Free Shipping), Toy Dojo, and I've been known to once in awhile use Toy Arena.

BBTS used to be the only place I used til they started acting like Greedy pricks. If you cancel Pre-orders they've been known to bump you to the very back of the line when it comes to making future preorders. Also, their product tends to take forever to get in depending on when they receive stock. just be careful is all I'm saying. They have excellent customer service though. Their shipping options are not the greatest either, not really. (once upon a time they were really awesome on shipping options)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

I've always been happy with TFSource. For some reason, they get a bit of a bad rep around here, mostly complaints about slow shipping times, but I've yet to have a single bad experience. And every time I've ordered a product that was in stock, it was shipped within one business day, and arrived at my door no more than 2 or 3 days after that, but usually within one day. Of course, most of their stuff ships out of Nevada, and I'm in California, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    Chosen Prime is legit. Netclow and Bestgrey on eBay/Amazon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I live in Arizona so I always get my stuff really fast from them (it helps they are based in Nevada). also I personally know one of the folks there who works for Dairycon. great guy and he always takes care of me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grimlocks Brain

Grimlocks Brain Well-Known Member

I just bought my first 3rd party figures last summer and TFSource was the first company I used. One of my figures had a leg break and they replied back very quickly and sent me a replacement part in only a couple of days. It was a very good first experience and definitely helped usher me in to 3rd party collecting. I’ve also used The Chosen Prime and Big Bad Toy Store; I’ve only had good experiences with them also. If you are ok using an international seller (not sure where you are located) then Show Z is great. Baba is also amazing on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any of the sites on the ad banners here are legit.

eBay seller bababobo00712 is also reputed, and is worth checking out from time to time because he'll often stock items at lower cost than the North American retailers, and with free/cheap (it varies per item) shipping.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Where are you located?

For 3rd party, I generally user East Asian stores such as Robotoybase and (from recently) ShowZ. Robotkingdom is also solid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just look at the top of this page. If they advertise here, you can trust them.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, for the tips!

• Like Like x 1
  13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also use TFSource, The Chosen Prime, and Toy Dojo. All have given me great customer service.

If you're just starting out, the rewards points at TFS and TCP will come in handy. Read up on how they work and see if they're appealing to you.

edit: I've used almost all the others at least once and generally haven't had any issues. BBTS, Agabyss, GCI Toys, Show.Z, ebayers like bababobo, netclow, and johosontony (aka Uncle Billy on AliExpress), and our own rubadubspawn. The three mentioned at the top are just the ones that I use most and have done the best with customer service.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

If you live in AZ you should talk to Brandon over at The Chosen Prime. You can pick up your stuff from him the day he gets stuff. Plus he hosts meet ups showing off test shots. I only go through The Chosen Prime.

15. markosoft82

markosoft82 Well-Known Member

When I used to live in the UK I always went to Kapow Toys and always had amazing customer service there.

I moved to Australia last year and I've been using savier's toys (tftoys) and again, had amazing customer service.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Captured Prey is top notch.

17. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Also Agabyss

• Like Like x 1
  18. javierlee30

javierlee30 New Member

Buy direct from Taobao can save a fortune.

19. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I use BBTS and TFSource simple cause I've used them and like the service. Just haven't tryed the others cause i don't really want another acct to worry about remembering the log and pass.

20. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've used Toy Dojo, TFSource, BBTS, The Chosen Prime, and Robot Kingdom. Haven't had problems with any of them. TFSource has been relatively good at responding to issues, while Toy Dojo has constantly gone above and beyond in terms of service, so they're my main goto places.