Help a newcomer to 3P find an MP Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Energon_Skywarp, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Since OP has already owned the original MP Prime, I doubt that the Wei Jiang MPP10 would actually affect him in a scale way, since it is roughly the same scale as MP01. A little taller but not that much.
    And it is also cheaper as well.
    I own both and still think that the Wei Jiang is a great option if you're not a masterpiece collector or care about scale or such.
    Either way, great stand alone piece if you're only looking for an Optimus Prime !!

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Unless you care about how your figures look. In that case, KFC/XTB is the best in the business. Better track record than official. The others make some nice figures but almost always have something extremely off about their looks. But yeah, depending on your taste those four companies plus GP for Dinobots are on top of the game. UT, MT and DNA may be coming up a bit and worth looking into their offerings too.

3. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Yeah well everyone knows you're a big fan of KFC/XTB. :) 

I will say they have improved ALOT lately...their Scourge and Wreck Gar are very well done. Before that though, and not to start an argument, I wouldn't say they have a "Better track record than the official", and not better than the 3 that were mentioned. KFC and XTB can be a gamble that pays off very well or it can be a loss depending which one you get sometimes. Designs are very good....QC in the past has been ok to very bad.

Do I buy their stuff? Sure do but sometimes they need a lot of work and some just go back to the vendor because it's beyond my skills to fix or I just decide it isn't worth my time to fix something that messed up out of the box. I wouldn't recommend them myself to someone looking to get into 3rd party just because I wouldn't feel right telling them "Yeah it'll be fine...go buy it."

4. Slave IV

For good reason! XTB is what got me back into collecting and if it wasn't for their design for Megatron, I probably wouldn't be here so it definitely doesn't seem like a bad company for a newcomer to start with since they hooked me. I say they are better than official because there are so many MPs that have poor designs and they were never able to get me back into collecting on their own. Every single design put out and in the works that we've seen by KFC/XTB in the last couple years has been amazing aesthetically. There is no other company as consistent on that end. So yeah, of course I love that company for making my favorite characters better than I've ever imagined they can look in transforming toy form. It's because of them, I've bought official MPs and figures from Badcube and MMC, etc and while they are all nice, only the XTB and a couple official figures look truly accurate and amazing. I couldn't recommend them more and it seems like a lot of people who own them agree. Most people who own figures from any of these companies mentioned are happy with them and think they are good toys but I think the overwhelming majority can agree which company gets the look down more than any other.

Sure, people have different tastes so the best recommendation for anyone is to look at the pictures, videos, reviews and read threads for the figures you are interested in and decide for yourself. I'm extremely picky about the figures I buy and I can't thank this community enough for helping me choose with all the resources here. I read every post in the threads regarding the figures I'm interested in and buy. Part of that is why I don't regret a single purchase I've made and it's also helped me figure out when to pass on certain figures.

5. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

KFC/XTB is the best in the business :eek:  ? Better track record than official, FT, BC, MMC :confused: ? Is it April already?
    Seriesly I agree MT, BC and then come MMC, FT have better track record, KFC/XTB might have the worst?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slave IV

You really think MT and BC have the best track record when it comes to good looking designs that are accurate to the source material? Again, it's all subjective but it seems like other factors must be clouding some people's judgement. If you can honestly say XTB/KFC have the worst looking designs, subjective or not, there is some denial going on there.

Regardless, I maintain the best thing is for everyone to do their own reasearch with all the resources available here and elsewhere to make your own choices. I'm just sharing my experience which has given me a collection I love with no regrets or placeholders. I know a lot of people here are always quick to buy the first anything that comes out and they end up replacing a lot of figures, which is fine if that's what you like to do, it's just not for me.

7. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count MMC as a large player in the 3P MP world, they're still much more focused around their Reformatted (IDW-inspired, CHUG-oriented) line than their OX line. MT, XTB, and DX9 put out more figures in the MP scale.