Help a newcomer to 3P find an MP Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Energon_Skywarp, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a great MP Prime that won't break the bank.

My previous experience was when I owned the Wal Mart MP Prime a few years back. I loved it and I want one like that again.

So...... what do I buy?

2. Weezie

Weezie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only option right now is MP-10. You can get the reissue pretty easily. There is also the option of the KO "Alloy" version, which used diecast for the entire figure. I don't own it so I have no comment on that.

MP-10 is an excellent figure, you won't regret getting him. Toyworld is coming out with their own Prime, but that's light years away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Hmmm... There are several different Ko primes out there. I assume you want a big one like MP-1? I haven't checked prices but I bet you can probably find some version of MP1 for a decent price, especially used. Otherwise, there is the OS KO MP10 but I have no idea how much it cost...again, should be an easy search. If you want something in scale with the current MPs, official Takara reissue is still available (hlj) and Hasbro (BBTS)...I think the regular sized (slightly larger) kos are scarce but slightly smaller ones are around.

4. Energon_Skywarp

So MP-1 and MP-10 are different only by size?

I will eventually get a Megatron too so whichever is in scale with Mightron/Apollyon/Destron would be the one I want.

5. Weezie

Weezie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, MP-01 and MP-10 are different stylistically as well. If you want it to be in scale with Apollyon/Mightron, MP-10 is the one you want.

The only Megatron that is in scale with MP-01 is MP-05, which is a POS (imo) :lol 

6. Weezie

Weezie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's a comparison between the two MPs. MP-10 is the smaller one on the left.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Energon_Skywarp

OK. Thanks. Looks like MP-10 is what I want.

So I only have one option for MP-10, correct?

8. Slave IV

No, mp1 is probably the Walmart one you mentioned. It's more toon accurate, more features like fold out arm comm, hydraulics...MP10 is the current scale that will match the Megatrons you want. It's the gorilla arm looking one.

MP1:
    [​IMG]
    (Sorry, best pic I have of MP1)

MP10:
    [​IMG]

MP10 w/ Megatron:
    [​IMG]

9. Slave IV

No, both reissues are available as I mentioned. Takara has darker eyes, darker red, no yellow cab light paint, painted trailer interior, silver roller.

There are also kos of MP10 in various sizes and availability. But at this point, you might as well get the reissue.

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Mustachelle

News Credits:
    The "standard" size MP10 KO fetches such ridiculous prices that I agree with Slave IV. That being said though, if you're looking for a size larger or smaller, apparently the KO is "better in every way."

This is just based on the KO threads regarding MP10. I don't own any of them because I don't collect MP, but I do follow KO trends pretty closely.

Just something to consider.

11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I never heard of "alloy" prime ko.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

Definitely get MP-10 as all (well, most all) of the official and 3P offerings scale with him. Depending on which colors you like you can get either the Takara or Hasbro one.

13. Energon_Skywarp

Definitely looks like MP-10 is what I'm after. I want to add a few more pieces and I'd like the scales to be the same.

All of this has been extremely helpful. I've been away for a while and it's hard to get caught up easily with all the companies and terms being thrown about left and right.

You have all been a great source of useful info.

14. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

As a person who has both, I'd recommend MP-10. He's a little smaller but he is more in sync with the "Toon" Prime we all know and love from the cartoon. He has less die cast than the original one you had but he looks so much better in both modes. I was really torn getting a new Prime when I had MP-1 but when I got the 10, that went right out the door.

The Hasbro one has a very vibrant blue for his color and the Takara one has the darker blue like the color you had on your old MP-1 and like in the pictures above. Can't go wrong with either but I prefer the Takara one myself just for the color look.

Either way, get one...you won't regret it.

15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    fwiw, if you're just looking for a large Optimus Prime, WeiJiang's MPP10 seems to be all the rage lately but that's a larger-than-MP scale version.

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Just give TT a minute. They'll have a new direction, super slavishly toony version out any day now to get people triple dipping. Same goes for all the others that were released pre-super slavish toony direction.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 I'm counting all the killuuuurrrrrrssss Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As far as other MPs go, Fans Toys is a good place to start. They have Hound, the Insecticons, the Dinobots, Perceptor, Shockwave, and upcoming they have Jetfire, Galvatron, Hot Rod, Trailbreaker, and Hoist. And I'm sure there are others, but those are just off the top of my head. Badcube and MMC/Ocular Max are also good MP-makers.

18. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hands down the greatest Optimus Prime out there at their time is MPP-10. Anyone who says otherwise just hasn't own one or gotten hands on experience. Big as MP-1 great look of MP-10 without its build issues at a much lower price.

If your patient I'm sure they'll do an improved version of one of the Megatron's as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

Yup, If you're looking to get into 3rd party outside of this Prime, I'd agree with what was said here as well. Fans Toys, Bad Cube and Master Mind Creations/Ocular Max are the big 3 of the 3rd party world and their products are very good. BC can be a little involved with the transformations than the others but hey...that's what the internet and online videos are for. :) 

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done