Help a newby understand...

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Unicron9, May 24, 2014.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I just started reading MTMTE about 2 months ago, got all caught up, then started RID about a week ago. I'm up to 17 in RID (season end type thing) and before I go any further I have some questions maybe some of you can answer.

1. What was the name of the comic where Arcee became a crazy murderer?

2. At some point in RID they suddenly started saying a Titan told Starscream he was the chosen one. I never saw that happen and even went back to the ones before looking for it. What did I miss??

3. What happened to Ironhide that has others saying he's nuts? I mean i know about his vision, but do they mean he died at Megatron's hands (in or similar to in TFTM 80's movie), and how did he come back?

4. Why is Waspinator the size of an Autobot or Decepticon? Just an oversight I shouldn't have noticed or thought about or is there a reason? These not remotely the same BW characters?

5. What happened to the 6th Constructicon?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Spotlight: Arcee.

The RID Annual if I'm not mistaken.

I can't remember how he came back. (I want to say Alpha Trion wa sinvolved) But yeah I believe it was his vision thet spurred those comments.

Nope, different Waspinator. IDW is an off-shoot of G1, not defined by it's rules or story. So other continuity's characters appear "G1-ified."

Spike murdered him. Yup.

3. Unicron9

Thanks! Then i missed that RID annual.
    I knew it wasn't totally G1, especially knowing Galvatron and Megatron are 2 different bots, but I wasn't sure if it was loosely based on it since many characters are deeper versions of their G1 selves, way of talking and all.
    I remember Prowl talking about Spike murdering Scrapper, just didnt know what he was talking about and sounded like a big thing to not know about.
    That cleared some things up. thanks!

4. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

it was the last issue of the transformers ongoing after optimus sacrificed the matrix to reboot cybertron ironhide had a vision of a future cybertron(?) called pax cybertronia (because even in matrix induced fever dreams ironhide is as predictable as they come). it was a peaceful time and all the hip young bots had g2 autobot insignias and alpha trion was there to pat ironhide on the back and also THERE WAS A STATUE TO COMMEMORATE THE AMAZING ACHIEVEMENTS OF COSMOS

it was meant to serve as a possible end to the whole continuity, so when the comics continued ironhide just seemed like a crazy guy to most people living in the hell hole wasteland of reformatted cybertron who saw ironhide's optimism as the stupidest thing ever

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ironhide did die, yes, by humans hands during the previous ongoing series. He was revived by Alpha Trion using Vector Sigma in the four-issue "Ironhide" mini-series, but was missing his memories of the past few millennia.

6. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    And then it was revealed in RID 8 that there was a distinct sinister undercurrent to the whole thing. YAY!

Also, it's not certain if Jhiaxus had the same vision of an expansive Cybertronian empire or if he had a vision of the warped universe Shockwave would have created were Pax Cybertronia translates into eternal prosperity for Cybertron...cause there is nothing BUT Cybertron..

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    If you missed the RID Annual you might want to make sure you read the MTMTE Annual too. The pair have a slightly connected story.

8. Unicron9

Thanks guys. appreciate the background on Ironhide and how Cybertron was restored.
    I did read the MTMTE annual but missed the RID one.