Heads up about MP Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KABAR432, Jul 31, 2018.

?

Be honest - did you experience a broken shoulder ratchet?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I can tell it's not my ratchet joint that's my problem, I seem to have a backwards part that won't allow his right shoulder to lock into place. I think the only thing I can do is knock the pin out, flip it around, and try to get the pin back in.

I've been watching transformation videos to see if I'm doing something wrong but this is the only part that looks out of place and it makes sense. It would appear to be a directional part, and as it is, it will not sit flush to allow the shoulder to align properly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I snapped some pics of mine.. I think you're right yours might be backwards. just out of curiosity.. on yours do you have the L and R stamp like shown on my pics? For reference I am at the step where everything is flayed out and I have just rotated 180 on the joints right next to the L and R. The last pic is more of a top down like your photo - so like you would be looking directly at the back of the fake dino head.

IMG_1601.JPG IMG_1602.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1604.JPG

3. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you very much for that. Glad to see I wasn't going nuts. Yes, the L and the R are where they should be, just that one pain I the arse hinge. I tried knocking the pin out, but had no luck. I contacted Anime Export and they will be sending me a new figure, which I am very released and happy about.

This figure isn't so much for me as it is for my fiancèe. It was one of her birthday presents and to have it like this was a real bummer for both of us. Thanks again for your help!

• Like Like x 2
  4. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    glad to hear the seller is taking care of you and no problem!

5. o0OhaNk

o0OhaNk Member

wanted to chime in with my own experience...

my MP Dinobot seemed fine when I first received it. the shoulder moved exactly as expected with normal clicks, and not hard "cracking" clicks.

as I was messing with it, the joint started binding up and got progressively worse until the joint would no longer move (at least, not without fear of breakage). while I was working with my retailer for a fix, the bot fell off my desk and onto the floor.

somehow, the impact from the fall "fixed" the joint. my figure's arm works just like it did when I first got it out of the box.

6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Just a heads up I still have spare e-clips I'm happy to mail out to UK peps on request. I order 20 and only needed 2!

7. kennethgyu

kennethgyu New Member

I'm noticing a different problem on mine.

Shoulder ratchet DID get tight, but I hit it with shock oil and the problem went away.

However, I did notice another problem. On the right shoulder, the outer ratchet (the "main" shoulder joint, not the transformation joint that tends to break) doesn't seem to have been pinned properly tightly to the shoulder pad.

It causes the right shoulder to have a bit more play / looseness than the left one. You can also see it here in the pics-- there's a visible gap next to the bronze shoulder-pad.
    IMG_2722.jpeg

Near as I can tell, this is happening because the metal pin I've encircled in the picture below doesn't seem to have been driven in deep enough. FullSizeRender.jpeg

It's kind of bothering me, so I'm going to see if I can get an automatic centre punch and just push the thing back into place. Hopefully that pans out okay, but it's really a weird problem to have to deal with.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Seeing all these pin issues , it seems like a punch kit is required with this figure . It would solve almost all the issues I’ve seen so far .

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This is how you handle MPs ppl.

10. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    Hi, One of my joints looks like it barely is touching the ridges, but when i try to movie the joint, it ratchets by going inside. I have lubed up both sides for safety. Any recommendations ?

IMG_4634.JPG IMG_4638.jpg