Hawaii Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Haze Gray, Jan 22, 2004.

1. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Can anyone let me know if they see FOC Blaster or Gen Blitzwing in stores. I'll try help on what you guys/gals want if I see it too. Thank you.

2. agentofprime

agentofprime Well-Known Member

I did some hunting today and found nothing. I saw Blaster 3 or 4 weeks ago but the voyager shelves have been empty after that. Has anyone seen BH Shockwave?

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've only seen the price markers for them at Target, so it's likely they are getting them, but people are scooping em up before we get there :) 

4. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello all, me and the misses are gonna be visiting pretty soon. Staying in maui near lahaina. Any good spots to check out? Were renting a car so anywhere on the island is fair game. Thanks in advance!

5. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The neighboring islands can be tough to find things as the most main stream stores are on Oahu. Lahaina is more for tourists stuff. However, I was able to find older stock stuff at Walmart/Target/Ross on the neighbor islands in past visits. Maybe because they are more remote and not as populated? Can't hurt to stop in and check. I'm not sure about specialty stores on Maui, I live on Oahu.

6. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet thanks for the heads up, ill def. be poking my head into those stores when i pass them by. Thanks again

7. BrownBoy808

BrownBoy808 I likes "jabongs."

I haven't been out and about much lately, but from what I've seen it's the same old wave one Generations deluxes and BH shit--voyager and Cyberverse Predakings, deluxe and Cyberverse Bulkheads, deluxe Starscreams, Cyberverse Bumblebees, and Cyberverse Airachnids. I won't go into any details on the open forum, but from what I've heard through the grapevine, there are major shenanigans afoot that will make a lot of the more coveted stuff (especially MPs) exceptionally harder to come by for those of us who prefer the old school retail hunt. And with rising prices as well as online shopping not being in our favor half the time due to timezone differences and/or higher shipping costs and whatnot, I'm seriously considering quitting this shit for good. I have way too many "grown up" problems going on in my life these days to be stressing over competing for fucking toys. Regardless, I will still try to keep an eye out for the rest of you guys and give the heads up when/if I come across anything.

8. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've pretty much accepted the fact that finding the MPs locally here is not worth the effort. I was able to secure Thundercracker and Optimus MPs online so hopefully that trend will continue moving forward.

BB808 - send me a PM, I'd like to hear these rumors you are hearing.

9. agentofprime

Saw a lot of voyager BH Primes and Predakings at Target this afternoon. Still no Shockwaves or generations voyagers.

10. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toys R Us had some GDO Swerves if anyone still looking. $18 though. Regular beast hunter deluxes still $13.

11. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hey guys I'm going to be visiting Oahu 4th of July week and I'd like to know where I could find some good stuff?

12. terry981

What versions of TF do you collect? I do generations/classics though its a pretty disappointing find, however I did manage to get Springer and Blitzwing. I've been on the lookout for BH Shockwave for the people who are looking for him, but nada.

13. cliffjumperftw1

I collect any TFS I can find. XD

14. terry981

Toys n joys which is in Pearl City and Kaimuki, though you may find some things on the latter one.

For new stuff, I just go to my local wal-mart and Target. If you find a Toys R US, sometimes you'll actually find cheaper FOC figures. Not much going on here. Most of the time you are better shopping at BBTS, TFsource, anime-export, or ami ami ( I recently purchased Takara's FOC Blaster for $40 since the Hasbro one goes for the same amount). Good luck and hope you enjoy Oahu.

15. cliffjumperftw1

Thanks for the info! :D 

16. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the Oahu market is kind of tapped out. there are known scalpers that hit up a lot of the places. But it's not impossible to find stuff. As was pointed out, the usual big stores have the most. There's some small hobby stores and what not, but they all charge ridiculous amounts. Check "transformers" under craigslist for Oahu and you'll see some of the scalpers/shops listings and their terrible pricing.

Transformers Action Figures
    Smokescreen Beast Hunters Deluxe, Transformers Prime (lol, $30 for opened Smokescreen?)
    TRANSFORMERS

Toys N Joys used to have a lot of import stuff, but I just went a few weeks ago and they really trimmed down their selection. They still have a lot of the older, high end imports in the back glass case and stuff up top, but not as much as before.

17. agentofprime

Saw the FE Optimus and Megatron pack with the kids at Ross.

18. Schnafe

Schnafe .-. --- -... --- - ...

News Credits:
    Which Ross? I wouldn't mind picking those up if I came across them

19. agentofprime

Hawaii Kai

20. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    short drive from Ewa Beach to HK :D