Have you obtained your grail figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just what it says. What do you consider your 'grail' figure in Transformers and have you acquired it?

Ever since TFTM, my grail has always been an accurate figure of Unicron. Who better to rule your collection than the first and most destructive god of Transformers. :eek:  Of course with the difficulty of transforming a robot into a spherical planet, we only got one lame example in Armada with shellforming and recently by HasLab with even more shellforming. :confused:  Thankfully Zeta pulled through with SC-01, delivering a superbly accurate robot mode with an ingenious planet transformation - and no partsforming! They accomplished the impossible and fulfilled my grail dream. I can die a happy fan. :D 

So have you obtained your grail figure yet?

2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zeta Bruticus isn't in my collection sadly, and probably won't be for some time. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    I am waiting for Studio Series Devcon to release.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

My most sought after was Legends Grand Maximus. Finally have it! And once Zarak and Ark release, I’ll only be missing Devastator for my Titan collection( which I would like to get eventually)

My 2nd most sought after figure is Year Of The Snake Omega Supreme, Used to own it years ago, had to sell it at the time. Now just trying to get it back.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine would be a modern Leader-sized hybrid G1 toy- and cartoon-based Jetfire (i.e. my avatar, or any of the designs he's had in the IDW comics) that's fully poseable by modern standards and transforms without any major faux parts, so sadly it doesn't exist, and unless Hasbro ventures outside pure Sunbow accuracy soon or third parties stop abandoning CHUG scale, it probably won't for a long time.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your dream is fulfilled! Hasbro made a Leader class Generations Jetfire that combines his cartoon robot mode with the Macross jet mode. Just what the doctor ordered.

7. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Classics Updates of Pointblank, Eject, Sureshot, and Steeljaw. Still waiting

• Like Like x 3
  8. Eyebeams

Eyebeams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I was very fortunate to finally obtain a Botcon 08 Optimus Prime recently, so I’ve gotten my grail :) 

Now my grails would be Botcon 01 Arcee, or Legends Convobat.

• Like Like x 2
  9. xKAINxCAINx

a few years ago I had the chance to get BOTCON Arcee at a great price and passed on her. I regret it, because now looking at photos of the alt mode and robot mode, and the bio on the box, it’s truly a unique and awesome figure

(If I remember correctly this version of Arcee Was mentally scarred after the death of Daniel)

EDIT-Add to the fact only 1200 were produced, and It’s a BOTCON figure, AND the FIRST ever official Arcee figure, yeah I should of gotten it when I had the chance

• Like Like x 1
  10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately the execution is a bit lacking. They got the proportions all wrong in jet mode so that it's lost everything I loved about the original Macross jet, and rather than giving him aspects of both designs in both modes, they tried to give him a 100% toy jet mode and a (nearly) 100% cartoon robot mode, which necessitated having his entire cockpit and nosecone hanging off his back in robot mode.

11. Eyebeams

Eyebeams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    It is a very pretty figure! It’s presentation is half of the reason why. How much would you have gotten it for?

I’m trying to have a complete Arcee collection, and IMO it’s not complete until I get her first figure. The average $400 going price is steeeep though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine for many, many, years was G1 Fortress Maximus. The reissue took care of that. Then it became Botcon 2006 Darksyde Megatron. No way was I paying $1k+ for it…. Managed to snag one for $437 shipped from a former FunPub employee (lanny). Now…. No idea. I want a Marvel Ratchet that I don’t have to paint myself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Yes! For the longest time it was Classics Skywarp. He ended up not even being the last of the Seekers I got, but he was always the most expensive and hard to come by. I found one for a great deal here on TFW at the end of last year.

Now it's probably RTS Lugnut, but that's less of a "grail" and more "looks like a really cool toy but is prohibitively expensive".

• Like Like x 4
  14. xKAINxCAINx

this was about 4-6 years ago, at that time was around $175-ish from eBay. I thought it was too much and passed. I would be shocked if anyone was selling it for less than $500, I think not that long ago an auction went for more than that (pristine condition though)

EDIT-To be fair though, everything depends on timing and who you’re getting something from, and the condition.

maybe you could find one for a great deal on this site. So many awesome people here have helped me out just because they were nice and not looking to only make top dollar. Examples would be recently I got Legends Kup, Blurr, and Twintwist and Topspin for incredible prices. The seller just saw I was looking for them and helped me out.
    BOTCON figures will be expensive, but you never know. You might find someone here that has one for a great price and just wants it in a good home

15. Houndini

Houndini Hound. That's all. Thank you for your time.

Honestly I have 3 that share the "grail" title, with MP Dinobot (only MP I have, and ever will have, any interest in), Siege Jetfire, and Studio Cell Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cannibal869

Cannibal869 Lover of meat

My grail for many years since I was a kid was to have a more cartoon accurate toy version of Skyfire / Jetfire (I had and still have the OG Macross remold). I think Siege Jetfire pretty much meets that need. You can still find him, but he's pretty pricey now. Luckily I was able to get one (not cheap, but not too overpriced either). I'm currently torn as to whether to open him up or not...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My grail has always been MP soundwave. I didn’t care if it had yellow or red eyes, had all cassettes, one cassette, or none, or even if it was official or KO, I just wanted a version. This year I have finally gotten one, it may be a KO but I truly don’t care. I am incredibly happy I have it and it’ll always be in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Yeah, both my childhood grail (Robot Heroes Inferno) and my adulthood grail (Robot Heroes Jetstorm).

• Like Like x 1
  19. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

my greatest of grail has to be tfp soundwave, but fortunately my prayers have been answered through APC toys announcing their evil voice figure, which is tfp soundwave. no bot pics have been shown yet but as soon as he is revealed and listings go up i am definitely getting him

• Like Like x 2
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I obtained Brain Storm this year.

• Like Like x 5