Have you ever lent your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Aug 27, 2010.

1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Like all my stuff, TF's would only be lent to someone I knew pretty well, trusted, and had their address (so if the worst happens, I can burn them out :D ).

Over the years I've had three copies of Dazed and Confused, they've all been borrowed and never reappeared, I refuse to buy another.

Saying that I did send a mate my Giga (Overlord's black Godmaster), as his was missing a leg. He was going to cast one off mine, but gave up as he couldn't get him apart and was concerned he'd break him, or scratch the chrome. Giga was sent back safe and sound, but that tale falls firmly in the exception that proves the rule category.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure, your 6 year old can borrow my 20 year old figure...just make sure he doesn't hurt himself with the reciprocating saw he's gonna use on it, ok?

this kind of talk about lending toys comes from people who huff crazy glue or spray paint.

what's in my room stays in my room. THE END.

i can let someone borrow a spare DVD player, or a MP3 player. not my collection.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I've never let anyone borrow my Transformers, because I don't have that many friends and acquaintances in real life who are into them.

I'll occasionally let my brother check out my Transformers, and he allows me to do the same with his, but otherwise that's as far as that goes.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Never have I lent out a TF to anyone. Heck like robowarrior, I barely let peopel touch them. I let my nephews hold them once in a blue moon because it makes them feel special and is a thrill for them.

Only thing I lend out are my DVDs and they always come back perfect. I own a huge library of DVDs so people know if they fuck one up they lose access to all of them.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

5. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gah! Don't remind me! But of course I'll share my story...

I must've been 6 or 7. The day after I just got G1 Groove and First Aid I bring them to school (mistake #1 right there). Some other kid owned Hot Spot, and wanted to attached 'em in a semi-combined form. Ok, so Defensor now has one arm and one leg and he runs off to show his friend how cool it was. Dude literally ran away. As I type this I remember his name now! Chris Brown (no, not that Chris Brown), he was a year older than me. So if you're out there Chris Brown born in 1979, you're a punk and you owe me a mint G1 Groove and First Aid!!!

To this day I still have that image of him running off with a one-arm-one-legged Defensor burned in my brain. It was wintertime, and there was snow on the ground.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

:lol 

I owe someone from my second grade class a G1 Ravage... which I still have.

7. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Nobody has ever asked me, most of my closer friends/family (outside of my brother) don't know anything about transformers.

8. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I only lent one toy to a friend ever. I was in 4th or 5th grade and it was G1 Soundwave. My friend wanted to borrow it over the weekend, so I let him, and when Monday came around he told me he had taken Soundwave ice fishing and had accidentally dropped him down the fishing hole.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nope. :) 

The only person that is close to "having Transformers lent" is my cousin but she wants to look at them. My mom makes me, escpically when i just bought them, I'm so uncomfortable to letting her. I may look like a selfish jerk but it's better than having a G1 Soundwave in a ice fishing pond or a stolen half Defensor i've herd about.

10. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

Never.

I may give away Transformers to my friend and my sister, but I will never lend anything to anyone anymore. If they want one, they go buy one.

While I've never lent my Transformers to anyone, I do have horror stories of other things I've lent. But that's for a different time and a different forum.

11. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

I can't let my cousins hold my transformers.My cousin shot a nerf bullet at my collection and it went down.I can't say I was happy.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  12. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

that is a seriously funny image

Man, I suck at telling stories but here's mine:

It took me a couple of times to learn my lesson.
    first time I was 10 and my friend begged me to let him borrow g1 downshift who was in good shape not broken in any way etc. It mysterously diappeared for about 2 weeks until 1 day sitting at his house I noticed it in a pile o' toys and said, "hey there's my downshift gimee that shit" and he was all like, "ok" s#@$. But when I picked him up the friggin leg fell off. I was a lil pissed but he wan't 1 of my favs at the time but it always stuck with me not to lend anything to that guy and I never did again.

13. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Like many of you I learned my lesson the hard way.

I was about 10 or so. Transformers had faded from my priority to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or some other such action figure. I still had all my TF's and cared for them equally with my other 'new' toys.

One day I took my toys to a neighbor kids house to play. We were having the Turtles vs. Transformers battle of the century so I had toted my whole collection over. After the turtles won (I know, what was I thinking?!?!) we threw the 'scraps' in a box for burial. After that my memory is foggy but we got side tracked from the action figures. When my Mom yelled for me I snatched up my Turtles but over looked the TFs in the box.

Of course I remembered about them the next day. When I asked about them he said he would bring them over. He forgot by the time he left his house but I figured I would get them another day. This went on for a few days until POOF! - he moved away. No warning, no returned TFs... just gone.

By the time I got in touch with him a few months later he claimed he didn't know where they were or even seeing them during the move. It was only about a dozen figures - but those figures meant alot to me.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I have done that a couple of times for friends and end up either not getting it back or
    getting it back in pieces.Thats one of life's little lessons,if you want your TF's to remain as
    they are then don't lend them out.Sure they may think your stingy or an A**hole but at
    least you be an A**hole who doesn't have a broke or stolen tf.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:lol 

Too funny!!

I remembered when I was a kid, I was at least 6-7, I took my and only Tformers to school. I don't remember which one was it but I was so stupid to take it to school in the 1st place. In my class we each had cubby compartments or cubby holes whichever.... I remember that I couldn't have my Tformer in class so I was told to leave it in the cubby hole, well my dumb ass left in the cubby hole right in the front of the cubby standing posing where all my friends could see how cool my toy was. I left it there and went back to my seat. At lunch time when I went to my cubby hole, my toy was gone! Somebody had taken it!!! I started to cry, and I told the teacher about it. The teacher said, that's what happens when you bring toys to school!! She didn't do anything about it..... Never again did that..... When I got home, my mom questioned me where my toy was, I told her it was gone..........she whipped me for losing my toy she spent money on for me....