Hasui's comments on MP20

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MC Rap Throne, Jun 15, 2013.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

My money is on Bumblebee

2. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

Are we ever goin to get a 2.0 Megatron? We are getting 3 or more masterpiece cars a year. Shit!

3. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

If they think mp 20 should be bumblebee they are going to be saddened by how much it will not sell.
    Like soundwave how he needs a second run this mp 20 should be the same.
    mirage or jazz would definitely do the trick here because they almost always get passed up fpr a bumblebee fig that shelfwarms every store from tru to five below.
    Mp mirage would probably need a second run like soundwave and don't forget mirage was teased by Takara when they uploaded the traitor episode to their YouTube page.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you figure?

MP Bumblebee is a highly sought after desire of many folks that collect the MP line, many of whom want to collect the original G1 line up, which Bumblebee was a very big part of. What collector wouldn't have him in his/her set?

5. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    True dat!

Bee is one the original Ark crew..so a must get.

6. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

MP BB, Mirage, Wheeljack or Jazz will all sell out, fast.

I'm hoping for Mirage, but will pony up and buy any of the above.

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah man,a few Decepticons going down the numbering.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Sounds like 'bee to me.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Decepticons:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Starscream cartoon colors
    Starscream's Ghost
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Sunstorm
    Acidstorm
    Soundwave w/Lazerbeak
    Rumble & Ravage
    Frenzy & Buzzsaw
    Convoy Black (has Decepticon markings)
    Black Rodimus Prime (has Decepticon markings)

Count 16 figures total.

MP Autobots:
    Optimus Prime
    Optimus prime perfect edition
    Optimus Prime w/trailer
    Optimus Prime sleep mode
    Ultra Magnus
    Rodimus prime
    Grimlock
    King Grimlock
    Sideswipe
    Red Alert
    Prowl
    Bluesteak
    Smokescreen

Count 13 figures total.

There are a lot of Decepticon figures, not all cars, but they are in numbers.

10. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, a masterpiece bumblebee would sell really well.. It's what most of us grew up with.. Not the annoying "I can't speak" bumblebee (movies and TFP) and it's not the "I can't stop speaking" bumblebee (TFA)

I don't think takara can go wrong with another vehicle from G1.. In my eyes, hopefully, we are going to get most of them eventually.

11. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Bumblebee would be great, but I think it's unlikely. The translation says it was a difficult to obtain license, not an impossible one. VW is still pretty anti-war and even a big kid friendly hero like Bee wasn't enough to change that before and I don't see it happening.

My money is on Wheeljack, a toy that hasn't even seen a G1 reissue yet and is definitely in high demand.

12. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

If they are going to release a MP Bumblebee, then they should do all of the mini Autobots from the first season. Mind you, vehicle and robot mode sizes might be of a concern. Of course, if they can manage to design the robot mode so they are not as tall as Prowl and company.

I wonder if Takara will release a G1 Megatrion vers 2.0? Redesigning a truck and fine tuning the transformation process is one thing, but there's only so much that can be done with a transforming gun to make it look G1 accurate.

13. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

Hound, Mirage, and Wheeljack weren't reissued by Hasbro, so most likely it will be Wheeljack or Mirage. The Generations version of Wheeljack is impressive, so much so that I bought two. But now, with the possible release of them, I'll be selling them off. And I do have a MP E-Hobby Rodimus that I want to sell off as well.

BTW, who doesn't like Wheeljack? He's one crazy inventor! :) 

14. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Either Bee or Jazz is a victory as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure if the VW licence would be any easier or more difficult to obtain considering that Porsche now falls under the VW family of vehicles. I'm kind of surprised that MP 20 will be a smaller TF but I would never turn down a season 1 car.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, right?

A bumble mode will allow for a few extra repaints too, though one would hope Cliffjumper won't be just a red Bumblebee.

How do we know what is impossible? I've read this and that on the Net, but haven't really seen a source to back up the claims.

Anyway, I read those sorts of posts before the profitable Transformer movies that moved lots of cars, especially the Camaro!

According to Wikipedia, Audi is owned 99.55% by the Volkswagen Group. This same group let Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay turn one of their cars into a Decepticon in Revenge of the Fallen.

I'm guessing there's a 99.55% chance that Takara Tomy was able to piggyback off the success of the live action movies and was able secure rights for previously difficult/impossible to attain licenses.

16. MP1OptimusPrime

MP1OptimusPrime Well-Known Member

I would love a Bumblebee, but I think the comment points to either Wheeljack or Mirage. I think when he said it was a "difficult" license to get, he didn't mean that it was difficult to convince the company to let them license the vehicle (like it may be difficult to convince VW to let them make an MP Bumblebee), but rather it was difficult to track down who (legally) owns the license to the car. I know that the rights for Lancia Stratos and the Mirage car are kind of up in the air as to who actually owns the rights to license out toys, so sorting out the legal morass there might have been the difficulty he was referring to.

17. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'm kind of happy with whatever we get, though for the Autobot cars, I wouldn't mind either Jazz or Wheeljack. The Dr. Smoov and Randall Ng parodies have really made me a big Wheeljack fan. With that said, I wouldn't object to either Cliffjumper or Bumblebee. The only slight disappointment I have though is that TT isn't doing Sunstreaker and Lord only knows he hasn't had a proper update in ages (outside of one classics 'Streaker that was slightly retooled for Sideswipe).

On some level though, I'm surprised we haven't had more Decepticons, especially with Thundercracker and Skywarp being repaints of MP11, and then Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust. Heck, I was even thinking V2 Megatron just to be in scale with MP10 Optimus.

18. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You people who think Bumblebee would not be the most popular MP toy of all time are just fooling themselves, non TF collectors would pick him up. Jazz is popular, Wheeljack not do much (and he was my first TF) don't understand the Bumblebee hate. This isn't a camaro that speaks in beeps and crap, this is the Volkswagen bug, voiced by Dan Gilvezan.

19. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Bumblebee will sell, but I don't think he'll be the most popular of all time in the MP line-up. I also doubt that Non Transformer fans would pick him up, since they wouldn't recognize him. Only people that grew up with G1 will buy this guy, Bay's Bumblebee, will still be more popular than G1 Bee due to the movies. I'll buy Bee, but one will do for me, Jazz/Sunstreaker/Wheeljack on the other hand, I'm tempted to get 3 each of them :drool: 

20. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, we're gonna be up to 4 version of the Lamborghini Sideswipe, with Red Alert, Tiger Tracks, and the announced G2 Sideswipe.

Yet a mold that begs to be a used 'til it breaks like MP-11 has the same number: Starscream, Sunstorm, Thundercracker (US), Acid Storm (US)?

Heck, knock out the Hasbro versions and that mean Takara-Tomy has only used MP-11 for one repaint!

I want Skywarp and the cone-head trio. Hell, come up with a name for the blue and yellow (not-Sunstorm) rainmakers and give me them too. How about an MP Air Warrior? I want repaints, dammit!

I am totally serious here…

I also would NOT complain about a non-transforming bad-ass looking MP Megatron. Anytime time he transforms he's just going to end up in some other MP's hand anyway (unlike Shockwave)… so spare me the orange tip and just give me a robot-mode worthy of the name Megatron.