HasLab Victory Saber

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ziltama, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Finally got around to opening my set. Along with my sons set we seem to have gotten pretty minimal qc issues. Both have the Leo crotch gap and a bit of extra resistance on the star saber feet but that seems to be it. I love the design and look but do wish the star saber shoulders were able to abduct.

Finally got around to combining him as well. Everything was very well thought out and rock solid. Very impressive.

edit: one month in and still loving it. Fun to flip back and forth. Cant wait for deathsaurus!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Posted this in the upgrade thread:

Shockwave Lab SL-170 kit for Victory Leo

[​IMG]

Thigh filler comparison:
    [​IMG]

The tail works as a sword and is a good proper length. The shield tabs well into the forearm and does cover up the hand.
    [​IMG]

The sword can be attached to the shield piece and used as a whip of sorts.
    [​IMG]

The tail really helps with the alt mode profile.
    [​IMG]

Another view in alt mode.
    [​IMG]

For combined mode, the shield has grooves for the thin yellow tabs. Helps to cover up the obvious exposed lion head. One doesn't have to attach the tail sword in this mode although storing it gives him a tail this way.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. SyntheticPacifist

SyntheticPacifist Member

Maybe here is a better spot to post about this stuff.
    (Originally posted here: Haslab Victory Saber Qc issues)

Anybody know how to make the blade fit better in the toy-style vertical position? 'Cuz I just broke off one of the small prongs at the base of the tab on the blade, and the slot in the hilt had already cracked likely due to it being too tight for the blade... I don't think it'd be a great idea to send my whole figure in for a replacement just to potentially get a similarly janky sword, and to fix the caved in upper section on Saber's right foot. If anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated ^^;

Pictures attached in case that would be helpful.
    20230401_182511[1].jpg 20230401_182530[1].jpg 20230401_182735[1].jpg 20230401_182817[1].jpg

Edit: Also pictures of the damage to his foot, in case anyone knows how I could potentially remedy this as well.
    20230401_183329[1].jpg 20230401_183410[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I don’t know if this will still work with the damage. I was able to get it to work on my copy by not inserting the tabs all the way into the hilt. There’s a soft locking mechanism where 1 of the sliding components is able to make the blade parallel with the hilt, so long as it’s not inserted all the way. This only works if you don’t insert the blade tabs all the way. I think it was designed this way on purpose but I couldn’t tell initially. On my copy, if I tried to force the tabs in, you could feel the resistance and the blade would usually rotate at an angle compared to the hilt. By stopping right when you feel resistance, then sliding the other part up, that’s what actually secures it and straightens the blade. This isn’t spelled out on the instructions and even if it were shown, the instructions are kind of hard to figure out due to the size and the way that they’re printed.

As for the feet, running them under a lighter very quickly may get rid of the marks. Those marks may reappear if they tend to brighten as the feet are moved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me a month ago: Nah, my Victory Saber is great! I don't need the DNA upgrade set. But I suppose I can give it a try, if I don't like it I can flip it.

Me today: HOLY SHIT! THIS MAKES HIM SO MUCH MORE AWESOME!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    does any of you who managed to get replacement figure still have those strange curve scratch marks on Star Saber mouth plate?