Haslab Victory Saber Qc issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimusmegs, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Victory Saber QC Poll

1. No problems

85 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Problems if I want to be picky

89 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Some problems

96 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Lots of problems

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I’ll probably take some pics later, but Victory Leo has some red on his wings, and Star Saber is missing some red on like a corner of his right shoulder and part of the helmet where he shoots bullets out of. Otherwise, nothing else I can say is a huge issue.

By the way, is anyone’s Holi feeling brittle for some reason? Mine’s falling apart a little, but I’m not sure if that’s a known issue.

2. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We shouldn't have to "repair" ANYTHING we paid $180 for, ESPECIALLY for a QC issue like that. And ESPECIALLY for a Haslab project.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    The commonly know non-punched cockpit thing and fingerprint in chest chrome issues for me.

E3CFEE20-EC95-408F-B31B-174906C2FC0D.jpeg ED990E12-D660-41A8-A8E5-EFA85C9CE011.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You would have purposely purchased a product that.you KNEW was defective, with the possibility that you may NOT have been able to "fix" a 100% needed assembly piece to completely connect the jet pieces?

Just. Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Those ER Micromasters have always sucked. Terrible molds and tolerances that always fall apart.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is, the particular problems my copy had, by the luck of the draw, were no big deal to me. I'm still happy with my purchase, EVEN IF I can't get a replacement part. There are other problems I have seen with different copies where I would not feel that way. The big thumbprint in the shiny chest paint, for example. That would bug me. Reversed panels, missing parts... But my particular copy I am happy with.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

Oh sure, I agree.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Mine doesn't have any issues that ruin the toy. The chrome is good, no glaring paint defects or missing parts. The holes for the nose cone are both present. I just have some tiny specs of blue paint on star sabers lower legs in the white which seems pretty common. I'll eventually take it off I guess but it's so small and so far down I hardly even notice it. Nothing to turn the figure into "RuInEd fOrEvEr" mode. LOL

Yeah, I am not even counting the Micromasters into the quality of the set. They are just repaints of lackluster molds to begin with. The original releases in ER stunk too.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My Leo has spotty chrome on his chest but I've contacted Pulse to see about getting those parts replaced. It's not the end of the world but I'd rather Leo look as good as Saber. Especially since my figures otherwise have no issues.

As an aside: The ER Micromasters were in general a massive waste of time and effort IMO. We never even got completed teams and they were barely improvements over the G1 toys in terms of articulation and aesthetics. I'd have rather just had straight reissues. :( 

10. oneyouknowleast

oneyouknowleast Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have lots of paint problems and scratches on mine, still waiting on Hasbro Customer Care as to what they will do. So far the service has been less then great.

11. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, sure. The problem is that there's probably a lot of human effort (low pay) put into assembly and paint applications. So all of these QC issues aren't surprising to me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

My Victory Leo has part of his snout melted. I'm... not pleased lol. I bought 2 Victory Sabers and the other one has tons of paint chipping on it.

Attached Files:

13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Mine is all good. Sucks to see so many with issues.

14. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Pose him next to Negan.

15. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you call them or email them? Were they just going to send a replacement panel or do you have to send the entire figure back?

16. evenstaves

evenstaves you maverick renegade

Posted on cybertron.ca, reposting here
    I haven't transformed him yet, only removed Saber from the Star Saber carapace
    So there may be more issues, but here's what I've found so far

Biggest issue
    - Star Saber's articulated hands, that Siege Jetfire gimmick where a 5mm peg pops out with a closed fist? The "four fingers" pieces are the same piece twice, not symmetrical - so one of the hands cannot close the fingers

Damage
    - while removing Brain of Courage, a miniscule piece of clear blue plastic popped off - examining the BoC, it appears to possibly be a tiny tab that connects (Saber's big face) to the underside of the hood, but it flew right off as easily as Kingdom Cheetor's neck tab (natch)
    - also, after transforming Brain of Courage once, the red plastic that surrounds the big pin for his conversion? It's to the left & right of his neck/head - one of the sides, the surrounding red plastic is showing stress marks already, from a single pivoting-and-back

Scratches
    - right on Star Saber's grey painted mouthplate, two curved scratches

Paint QA
    - Victory Leo's two gold chrome chest parts, one side has a little gold chrome "flashing" on the black plastic (I can probably scratch this off)
    - the painted sword blade has a tiny paint bubble on one side

Thought there was some paint scrapes on Star Saber's yellow crotch & knee paint, but turns out it was just lil schmutzes that rubbed off easily enough
    Reading this thread, I'm getting clues to other parts I should be checking - better check that Saber's jet nose port connection
    Holi & Fire are fine; even if Siege micromasters largely suck, and the firetruck absolutely sucks (cop car is OK), the paint on these are fine, and we just accept that their hip joints pop off because they're sh*tty sculpts
    I seem to have all parts/accesories, and I haven't noticed any other incorrectly-assembled pieces beyond the hands
    I will say, overall I really love how Saber & Victory Leo look

Contacted Pulse about the issues, I'm being escalated to "Global Customer Care" or something, we're within the 72 hours for them to get back to me

17. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Wow you have scratches in his faceplate too? Here are mine. Will inspect them more later. The yellow on his crotch did not go smoothly :( 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Package just arrived and I was shorted. I ordered 3 and received 2. The box used was big enough for exactly 2 VS, 18x12x11, and the shipping label shows 9.6 lbs which is not even heavy enough for the 2 and the box. I have not had a chance to check them over for other QC issues as I just got home and my mood is a little bitter right now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TMReviews

TMReviews Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    First I called them (18002555516) and then they sent an email requesting additional info below:
    "-Pulse order number
    - Date of purchas
    - 5 digit date code printed on the figure, typically found in an inconspicuous area. Similar to 0123
    - Vendor code embossed into the plastic, similar to V-1234
    - Item number - Similar to #E012
    - U.S. or Canada physical mailing address (cannot use a PO Box
    - Photo of the Transformer with your reference number hand written on a piece of paper"

I sent the requested info and they sent me a reply with a shipping label to send the ENTIRE figure back to them. So we will see how this goes...
    Screenshot_20221213-183949~2.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. TMReviews

TMReviews Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    FYI, a friend of mine (G Toney, if you know you know) sent me pics of his figure and the numerous QC issues he has, some of which are the same as mine.
    received_682622730193415.jpeg received_831137064883800.jpeg received_834154224516098.jpeg received_716314236327485.jpeg

• Like Like x 1