Haslab Victory Saber Qc issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimusmegs, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Victory Saber QC Poll

1. No problems

85 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Problems if I want to be picky

89 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Some problems

96 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Lots of problems

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update for mine - got my replacement Saber on Saturday and immediately added shock oil to the knee panels.
    MUCH easier to move now that they got shock-oiled right away. Will keep my eye on them closely though.

• Like Like x 2
  2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am guess you sent the defective one back. I should say there is something wrong my copy(though I have been happy with it) and got a free one :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  3. VorZorV

VorZorV Nostalgia High Achieved

That's...not how it works. You're going to have to send yours back first. It hasn't been a fun process, as I opted for the refund check and still have yet to receive it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought so. I was kidding but yeah, the return process is not fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope.
    My issue was JUST with Saber and the leg panels stressing /cracking. They didn’t mention anything about sending the Saber back.

6. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yah and you shouldn't have fo buy but a second release

7. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Aka Three Erasers

How comes hasbro hasn't said anything about this? It's been a few weeks, they must have heard something by now. The figure was almost $200! We need to tell the higher ups to do something.

8. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    They're still making them..

9. cyberwrecker

cyberwrecker Playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

So recently i was messing with my victory saber and noticed that the hole that the stand plugs in to has a crack/stress mark is it worth contacting hasbro about or is it something that kinda too late to do anything about???

10. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

I will swap stands with you, so long as you cover shipping. (I'm in the queue waiting to hear about sending my dud back for a replacement)

I'd recommend against anyone playing the QC lottery over something like the stand.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Un_Chakal

Un_Chakal Anubisbot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heat the hole with hair drier till it "heals" maybe put the peg in then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cyberwrecker

oh no it isn't an issue with the stand its with the hole on star saber the stand plugs into

13. cyberwrecker

I would but only problem with that method is the house I live in is so weird that a hair dryer will cut out the power just a hair dryer everything else is fine

14. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

Pm me with a picture or two of what your issue is.
    I can parts swap pretty much anything EXCEPT the chest part which is bad on my copy.

15. cyberwrecker

Sorry didn't see any of these replies till now because I've been busy with work but here's an image of what I'm talking about although it's a tad hard to see the stress mark/crack so just in case I circled it but should I contact Hasbro about it or is it too late to get a new part or anything for victory saber?

Attached Files:

16. Turkey Ham

Turkey Ham I thought the name was funny

Ebay:
    I have a problem with my copy of victory saber. On the right leg, the flap that locks the leg in place during V star mode won’t stay tabbed in. As you can see in the pic, one tab is in, but the other isn’t. I don’t know what is wrong with it, can someone help me?

Attached Files:

17. Michchall

Michchall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Anyone knows how to fix blade poping out? When I have it in anime style, blade holds well but every time I want to put it other way iy just launches off. Might be something with blade itself?

18. Zeta Trion

Zeta Trion Well-Known Member

My Victory Saber arrived last week from TFSource. I had missed the initial backing period from Hasbro and the FOMO took ahold of me. Fortunately In was able to jump on the TFSource preorder when it was at $239 with free shipping. (Thanks to the wonderful people participating on this website) I was ok with that little bit over $40 mark up seeing that they were going for around $300 on eBay. I wasn’t sure that it would actually be fulfilled because they kept raising the price on their website.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about the QC on my copy. The chrome is solid with a minor imperfection that doesn’t bother me and there is a light mark on the mouthguard. No dreaded two of the same panels on the legs or the hole not being punched out on Saber. The only slightly more serious issue would be Star Saber’s right toe getting hung up on that grey piece so it can’t fully extend in regular robot mode. He does stand perfectly fine and doesn’t look bad with the toes not flipped out and 99% of the time he’ll be in Victory formation.

I know it’s covered here someplace deep in this thread but I’m sure more people have had this issue and I’m curious what they are doing about it. Are we just filling down that grey piece? Thanks

19. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've been eyeing Toyhax and they listed their Victory Leo set. Much to my dismay, they didn't include replacement/better stickers than the ones provided by Hasbro. Just some OG toy based decos and some off brand logos akin to Zoids. As well as some more general aerial vehicle labels like they did for Saber and the V-Star.

20. SyntheticPacifist

SyntheticPacifist Member

Anybody know how to make the blade fit better in the toy-style vertical position? 'Cuz I just broke off one of the small prongs at the base of the tab on the blade, and the slot in the hilt had already cracked likely due to it being too tight for the blade... I don't think it'd be a great idea to send my whole figure in for a replacement just to potentially get a similarly janky sword, and to fix the caved in upper section on Saber's right foot. If anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated ^^;

Pictures attached in case that would be helpful.
    20230401_182511[1].jpg 20230401_182530[1].jpg 20230401_182735[1].jpg 20230401_182817[1].jpg

Edit: Also pictures of the damage to his foot, in case anyone knows how I could potentially remedy this.
    20230401_183329[1].jpg 20230401_183410[1].jpg