Haslab Victory Saber Qc issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimusmegs, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Victory Saber QC Poll

1. No problems

85 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Problems if I want to be picky

89 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Some problems

96 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Lots of problems

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    That makes sense if those are the only two options, at least from Hasbro's perspective. They're probably hoping that most people would rather live with their slight or moderate QC issues and give up on trying to replace the whole figure for fear that the next copy may be even worse. It saves them a ton of money in sourcing and shipping parts for the myriad of issues this set seems to have. Kind of scummy, but I get why they are going in this direction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TMReviews

TMReviews Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I made a video documenting my experience from start to finish on the replacement process if anyone is curious. Hope everyone gets what they need from Hasbro, but I opted for the refund at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fedgez

fedgez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so I just opened mine, went cool and boxed it back up. I need to take a detailed look at it tonight.

4. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I got an email from Hasbro stating that my replacement has been processed and I should expect to receive the replacement with 7-14 days.
    That leg panel issue has me worried because in order to just replace my damaged head/helmet, Hasbro made me also send back the V-Star too. My V-Star that I had to ship back to them was perfect. So if I get back a V-Star with this issue or the duplicate hip ratchets, I'm going to be pissed. All the more so in light of the fact that there's a 3P set coming out that includes a new face. The face on my Star Saber was the part that was broken. Had that 3P set been announced before I shipped back my head/helmet and V-Star to them, I would not have even gone through the process. I would have rather spent $30 on a 3P set to get a new face, given that the rest of my Victory Saber was great, than play the QC lottery over a new V-Star.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fedgez

fedgez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine looked Ok, none of the issues other reported. HOWEVER, I forgot to check the legs closely, since I didn't know exactly what could be wrong looking at them. After watching someone transform him I wonder if I got the right panels. Still need to check.

I can report that the section that locks into the front of the red jet was correct on mine. The pieces fit together easily, snug and flush. I didn't see anything else wrong, broken or missing. A couple of tiny tiny drips of blue paint, but nothing glaringly wrong.

If that is hope for the rest of you that are getting replacements.

6. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Self admitted plastic-crack addict

Anyone know of a tool that I can use to push the pin out to fix this mess?
    20230106_152308.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooof, that sucks. Sorry, my friend.

Any pin punch or center punch should do the trick
    Hell, you can even find a similar sized metal rod of some kind and use that with a hammer to push the pin out, after safely bracing the piece you're working on in order to reduce risk of breakage.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BulletSponge

Upon further inspection, the parts can't be flipped because of the way the wings fold. I guess this means QC roulette with a replacement

Edit:
    If there is anyone in the Cntl FL area that needs a quick part swap to make theirs perfect, hit me up no later than Monday 01/09.
    Outside of the chest fins, it looks to have no other issues.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, that double sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

i just heard that haslab is allowing people to swap out their victory sabers. The problem? I got mine off ebay. It was sealed, and i opened it, but haven't touched the pieces themselves - they are still all wrapped / held by those elastic strings in the box, etc. do i have the ability to swap mine out, or do i not have that option since i bought off ebay instead?

11. fedgez

fedgez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You would need to ask hasbro, but my instinct is no. The original purchaser would have to do that. Maybe do the return through ebay, if you still have time---otherwise you may be stuck with it as-is.

12. BulletSponge

Your other option is to ask for someone local to you who purchased one through haslab, and have that person send yours back in place of theirs.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AlvinC

AlvinC Making bad financial decisions

News Credits:
    I was told no by basically everyone, but ond person on Reddit was extremely adamant that you can still deal with Hasbro by not giving the receipt/invoice info. Give them all the other numbers around the box/figure and you should be good. YMMV, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you’d have to get someone else to proxy your issue despite what that redditor said.

14. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought mine the same way, I reached out the the seller for the info they asked for. Worked for me, They told me I can swap it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the connector nubs on my sword blade snapped off. It still holds firmly, but it was an unnecessary break. Not happy.

16. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

I see people upset that because this is a crowdfunding project, the quality assurance should be much better than their average figures, which.. you're not wrong, but it probably doesn't line up with the reality of the situation. The problem is I'm highly doubtful they have a specific factory or assembly line for Haslab figures (like, it'd be insane if they did, given how overall small Haslab is) so any Haslab project is going to be built in the same factory, under the same quality assurance, as the rest of their figures. Though they definitely could have, you know, thought ahead and made sure to be able to replace ones that come out bad, but that speaks more to Hasbro's general mismanagement and thrift, which is a far larger issue.

Certainly continue to complain about these screwups, but be cognizant of the situation, especially the next time a Haslab rolls around. Be unhappy, but don't be surprised. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

A lot of this could be avoided with error-proof design, like designing parts so that they can only go in one way to avoid them getting flipped around or having two of one side installed.

Also treating your assembly line workers better, but that would cost money. :rip 

• Like Like x 1
  18. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

The whole point of outsourcing to Asia is to get around human rights and worker rights laws in other countries. That's part of the reason wages are cheaper there.

• Like Like x 3
  19. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

According to this post, the customer sales reps did not explicitly ask that user whether or not he got Victory Saber directly from Habsro or not. They simply wanted the codes on the figure and the box. This seems to suggest that Hasbro support staff may not really care if you bought directly from Hasbro or through a third party, and just want to know which batch the defective product came from. Of course, it could also depend on how strict or not the staff member processing your individual case wants to be.

20. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    The email sent out with the 2 options of refund or return explicitly says they need the order number through pulse.

They asked for the product numbers on the box and figure when you first send in the report