Haslab Victory Saber Qc issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimusmegs, Dec 8, 2022.

?

Victory Saber QC Poll

1. No problems

85 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Problems if I want to be picky

89 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Some problems

96 vote(s)
    34.2%
  4. Lots of problems

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    i just got mine transformed and I have the same issue with two of the same panels instead of opposite facing ones...doesn't really affect the thing holding together in combined jet mode but it is annoying and I will have to ask if they have a spare...

the only other issue is Leo's black rear body panels that are supposed to snap flat in lion mode but there doesn't seem to be a notch for the slots to tab into...and I just figured it out, you have to finesse the tabs into that moving piece...so no issue there after all, just that one leg piece...

overall not as bad as some people's issues but not perfect either...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  2. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pictures?

3. Denbacoe

Denbacoe Well-Known Member

So the left ankle tilt on mine seems to be molded wrong somehow? Like, the way the assembly looks seems like it runs up too far into the leg, but even after fixing that it doesn't let me tilt the ankle at all. Anybody know a fix?

4. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Annnnnd this whole thread is one of the reasons I didn't back Deathsaurus. I'm sorry but did the QC team LITERALLY fall asleep at the wheel or just decided they aren't being paid enough over there in Vietnam and just stopped caring?

I'd REALLY like Hasbro to make a formal statement on Victory Saber and TRY to give reassurances that the same clusterfuck of QC issues will NOT plague Deathsaurus.

5. Phil Bond

Phil Bond Well-Known Member

I had four issues, all fixable:
    • warped left shoulder gun - boiling water bath
    • warped sword blade - boiling water bath
    • warped inner left leg panel - disassemble and then you guessed it, boiling water again
    • brown grime like a dried soda spill on the back of the shield - water bath (no need to boil it for that)
    After fixing all that, it's perfect now.

Thew's review made me scared that paint would scrape off Leo's forehead, but that hasn't been a problem for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cyberwrecker

cyberwrecker Playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

So if anyone has seen my posts about my issue anyone got a fix because i emailed hasbro the same day i got Victory Saber and the only thing they've said is "we understand your frustration and will contact you shortly" so at this rate i give up

7. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

Initial inspection of mine found the sword blade missing. So that's cool.

Other than the micromasters being trash (Holi can't keep his legs on to save his life.), my only real problems have been joints that are TOO tight, and one of Star Saber's antennae is super loose. Other than that he seems good enough; Victory Leo doesn't even scratch his paint when you lower his face guard.

Real shame about the missing sword. I would have given this an B+ on the QC chart otherwise.

8. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

A couple of other people thought they were missing the blade as well, but it ended up being loose in the box somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  9. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

Holy.. Thank you so much! it was totally wedged underneath everything under one of the walls of the main box. I never would have found that if you hadn't said anything. Much love!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix the knee ratchet? I tried taking out the screw and aligning the knee, and putting the screw back in - but no change

11. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

The circled area has too much contact when you transform it. It's really tight when moving the red piece over and off the gray piece.

If you were to look underneath you can see the foot bend and you have to apply opposing pressure on the foot to keep it from bending.

I figure sanding it down will fix it. Though I hope Hasbro would send me a new pair of feet. They can be replaced by taking apart the legs and the feet slide right out.

20221224_091514.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

i bought mine sealed from ebay, opened it, and leo has a tiny fleck off of his gold chest. not a horrible thing, i suppose, but is there any "fix" or recourse from haslab to get a new chest or something? Not even sure if that's a possible swap, or whatever, but wanted to see what others were doing.

13. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a way to make star saber grey elbow ratchet stronger?

14. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

It Christmas and New Years. I wouldn't expect an email until after the Holidays.

15. mouschi

So here's my copy. Any qc things that stuck out to y'all? I'll tear into it eventually I'm sure. 20221224_114032.jpg 20221224_114009.jpg 20221224_113942.jpg 20221224_113749.jpg

16. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
  17. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

18. JimmyCampero

JimmyCampero Active Member

Got mine today, also missing th sword, you got it throught pulse? i got it with zavvi, don't now if i could get a replacement

19. mouschi

Thank you all for the responses? Is this something worth reporting to Haslab? Rather ... is this something that *can be* reported to Haslab? I bought on ebay sealed. Have no idea about the crotch thing, but the fleck of paint on Leo *may* not have bothered me, if I hadn't heard that it was reported as an "issue" online haha. Especially since I don't think he shows when in combined mode? I dunno.

20. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Look underneath things and lift trays etc. - several people have found their "missing" sword after the fact. Not saying you didn't, but definitely give it a good search!

• Like Like x 3