Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Keeping maximums stops people from buying stock simply to resell on at a premium. This won't ever get re released so im already looking at a ridiculous price for this eventually. My girlfriend collects Disney store stuff and recently they've had to put maximums of 1 per customer to stop douche bags buying shit loads purely to resell. It was getting that out of hand with the Mickey memories stuff they had to introduce that.

I hate that crap anyway. But I think in this case I'm hating it more because i am being faded out as Hasbro literally care for no customers apart from US and Canada. I can't say I'm surprised, it's exactly the same with marvel legends lol.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nic28

nic28 warrior

Just who in the bloody hell has $575 laying around to buy a
    F ing toy. Not me it looks great but come on hasblo making cool looking shit regular guys can\'t afford you all are out of your mind 

• Like Like x 3
  3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    If anybody cares, for what its worth I''m skipping this if it ever gets massed produced.

Im good with the Armada Unicron version

• Like Like x 3
  4. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Broken Record

I understand why they are doing it this way but surely those who can afford it will buy 2 or 3 and sell the extras on for a huge profit thus negating the cost of the one they are keeping. It really should be one per customer....but I guess Hasbro don't care so long as they get the money...indeed it might be part of their (cynical) strategy with this stuff.

I personally think it looks great and really would like one but I a) don't live in US/Canada and b) could never pay that much for a toy. However if I did and had enough for 2 or 3....well I might just have to temporarily become a scalper to get what I wanted at a price I can justify...but then comes the guilt of 'ripping off' my fellow collectors...it's a minefield I'm glad I don't have to navigate.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

I want this. There's one problem. I'm constantly on the move. I have a portable collection. My main collection is back home and at the present moment I can't allocate for this because priority is going towards the new Mp Optimus Prime

• Like Like x 3
  6. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

Will preorder only if local shops or takara makes it available in asia.

• Like Like x 3
  7. JoshimusPrime93

JoshimusPrime93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little wallets. But now, you shall witness, it\'s dismemberment. 

• Like Like x 8
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    wahh. loaded sial. :lol  :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this your phone having a stroke?

• Like Like x 3
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  11. Zula

Zula Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't for 'regular guys'.
    Hasbro is testing the market for the type guys who would purchase $400+ 3rd Party figures.

And they seem to want to appear to begiving you something for that price, at 27 - 30+ inches and 19 pounds.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes hurt, rolled them too hard

I would say a lack of self-awareness. People on high horses often lack that though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This thing is absolutely insane. Never cared for a Unicron but mannnn!
    I'm taken back, this is the scale super large toys seemed when I was a little kid in Toys R' Us, I love it!!

Shame TTomy isn't known to be doing a version like @HolyCulture said, he really could benefit from that offwhitish/grey face and hands.
    It is a prototype but I think the only thing its missing are the red parts being translucent plastics and a few shiny orbs on his ring, aside from that... PERFECTION.

This is surely the fastest-growing thread on here ever! If that's not polarizing I don't know what to say.
    I cannot understand how anyone could cry about the price... I don't really see how it could be any cheaper?

I've always wondered if the majority of Transformers fans live in a perpetual state of fake outrage with an inherent lack of budgeting skills.
    Collector A: "This is too much, I can't afford this...Hasblows; TakaraTomy is going to failll arghhh!!!" Then goes and spends $550 on a 3P combiner they already have from another rival 3P brand.

I think the short lead time to preorder and the omission of international sales is the real dick move here, at least TT gave us a whoolllle gang of time to rub nickles and dimes together for MP44.

I also think people trying to resale this might be in for a bit of a shock. 8000 units is a hell of a lot, Seeing 200-300 of these on eBay would be hilarious. The markup would be so competitive.. I wonder if it would be worth the trouble.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Because we, as a fandom, complain about everything!

Plus you're getting mainline buyers in here who don't really spend much on stuff like chug or Seige. To them it's astronomical, to a current mp collector or someone who has sunk a fair bit into third party its not so horrific. If those guys complain then odds on they complain about everything anyway.

It's all about perspective at the end of the day but it shows how lucky we are in how diverse a collection we can focus on at a personal level. Bickering aside.

I bet a fair few can. Worldwide I bet alot more than 8000 would.

It's also not for' the regular guys' imo, this is a one shot, non mainline, high end collectors item and that's exactly who they are targeting. Not those that 'um and ah' over $20.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Do you think that could be rebranded as masterpiece with minor remold and toon paint?

• Like Like x 3
  16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Well, that's essentially how the MPM line started. It's just branding, after all.

I highly doubt that's in the cards, however.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

I certainly wouldn’t complain. Unfortunately I’ll probably never even get this version, as I live outside U.S and Canada. :( 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Onilink

Well, the MPM were mass producted leader class toys, this one is pratically a masterpiece collector toy with a war for Cybertron style... I hope that a toon remold+recolor, plus some microfigures as accessories, will enter in the MP line, but we are talking about 2021 and more, maybe

• Like Like x 2
  19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    This toy isn't even coming out until 2021. If it's funded, that is.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Onilink

Yep, that's why i wrote 2021