Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see how much of the weight winds up being in the base, just so the planet display doesn't topple over easily.

But the Titans are pretty light for their size due to massive hollow compartments. If a lot of that space winds up getting filled in for whatever reason, Unicron can make up a lot of that weight, easily.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Talk about self awareness.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

Good point about the weight of the base. At least one person commented on the touted 50 points articulation but then questioned if the joints of the fingers of the hands were counted towards that 50 point number.

I like the idea of a large Unicron toy that weighs as it "should", meaning not too light for its size so that there's a good sense of tactile feedback when lifting it but not simply heavy for the sake of being heavy. At the same time, regarding articulation, more articulation points is a good thing up to a certain point but beyond that point there are diminishing returns. I'm more about useful articulation rather than simply a bunch of moving parts that may be ultimately useless for posing, or even worse, compromises stability of posing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

Where are some of you planning to display this? The stand suggests a table or shelf, but it'd have to be a decently deep shelf, so the other option is a table...

If you had a really tall ceiling, you could do something like this: ;) 
    20190715_224234.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I never said I wanted to move on--I love the idea of this toy. I said that if this toy bugged you so much, you might want to move on and not aggravate yourself the way you're doing--writing extremely long posts positing the same arguments (too pricey, too unethical, too inhumane.).

In the last few pages alone, you've banged out literally thousands of words detailing how much you hate the idea of this toy, how you could really afford it if you want to buy it, etc. Whom are you justifying your decision for?

I get that a discussion forum is to discuss, but there's a difference between an interesting difference of opinion/discussion vs. someone trying to convince himself/herself to not buy a toy he probably really wants.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 4:54 PM
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Convotron

The release for Unicron is going to be some time away and I may be moved into a new house at that point so I'm not sure. I'd like to suspend it from the ceiling but I don't want to put it so low that someone could bump into it or so high up that I'd have to use a ladder to access it. I think I'd make a custom plexiglass display case so it could be displayed but safe from accidental damage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    I love how these threads bring out the toy industry experts.

'I want it, so it''s the right thing for a Billion Dollar Toy Company to do.'

• Like Like x 6
  8. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

That's a good idea, also it will be protected from dust. That was my concern when I was thinking bout getting this. Dusting sucks, and I would want all my figures in a nice display covered from dust once I move to my new place.
    It could probably go into a tall shelf in bot mode, and then you could have multiple other figures attacking it at once. That would look sick. Pics with this and legends scale figures would probably look stellar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro is not Super7, they are a bigger company, yet SUper7 actually at LEAST try to please the fans AROUND THE WORLD to obtain snake mountain.
    I don't understand how they're not even trying for it

• Like Like x 4
  10. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had the money I’d back the whole thing

• Like Like x 1
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It helps to be small in this case, because they're only one company.

Hasbro's regional offices, meanwhile, are semi-autonomous, with their own business strategies for the regions. Full-scale coordination can be difficult.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Convotron

Good point about the dust. That's another benefit of using an enclosed display case.

I've never been a big collector of Legends toys but now I'm definitely going to have to get a few more, maybe delve into 3P Legends equivalents to put on display with Unicron.

I'm not up on my MotU licensing rights. Is Snake Mountain up for grabs by anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  13. WestcoastFanboy

WestcoastFanboy Member

Instagram:
    i need to sleep on this some more before i back it.  I am worried though that everyone will wait for more people to back it, but in the process of waiting no body backs it.. so we end up with no planet eating planet... i hope that made sense!

• Like Like x 2
  14. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    £19 is very affordable. I might buy five.

• Like Like x 15
  15. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unfortunately I do not have $750.39 cad + shipping to spend on this. I would love to get this, I do. But my budget gust isn't that full.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Don’t forget taxes! But shipping was relatively cheap, all things considered.

17. hifipinkie29

hifipinkie29 Rehabilitated Troll

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Backed!!! Easily!! People can complain, whine, and criticize, and the price IS a little steep, but I WANT A UNICRON! I can only presume that the price is higher than that of Jabba\'s Barge because this figure actually requires some engineering. The barge is just a big slab of mutli-layerd plastic. Anyone on here actually think they\'re going to find a cheaper option? People have clamored for a Unicron, and now we have the chance to have it. Back it!

• Like Like x 2
  18. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Great news!

Well, you would have a "unique horn" if you did...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Vanessa

Vanessa Sadly more of a lurker these days =(

I'm interested in this, but disappointed and annoyed that I can't take part because I live in the UK.
    What's the point of saying they will make it available to 'overseas fans' only if it reaches the backer level in the limited initial target market.
    Surely the way to improve the odds of reaching your backer target is to cast your net as wide as possible. Leaving out vast parts of the world is just dumb, Hasbro. Grow some and just make it and sell it globally, it's not like you don't have the means to do so.

• Like Like x 6
  20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Go home Haslab, you're drunk.

• Like Like x 3