Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

PhotoEditor_20190716_003525360.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Unicron is pretty much forced to exist in a scale of his own, since anything you put him next to should basically be invisibly small. Ironically, this is the one time I DON'T care about scale

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Transformers make me want to be dead

News Credits:
    My point was not even about the price, I was talking specifically about the exploitative way in how Hasbro is selling this exclusively on a short one-month period to cash in on the immediate fear of missing out. If you think there's 575$ worth of plastic in there then good for you pal, I'm not here to discuss aesthetic preferences, but that's not what my original post was about. Same thing goes for calling out Dovianax, I don't really care about how he spends his money on the internet, but his logic was eerily similar to how a marketing execute would think about psychologically manipulating a consumer into an impulsive purchase.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, my gosh. That's it! You hit the nail on the head, right out of the gate. That's exactly what it is and why it bothers me so much.
    I'm all for him being happy about the figure and being happy about being able to afford it for his collection, that's great. It's the whole "You mad, bro? You mad and sad cuz you ain't me, with my HasLab fundin' on fleek, y'all!" aspect. His argument is just as flawed as ours to an outsider.

Neither side is 100% right. This IS what we asked for out of HasLab, so we're getting our just desserts, but we're still allowed to point out craziness when presented with it.

This. So much this. I hate saying this, because it seems like I'm tooting my own horn and rubbing it in the faces of others and I'm really not about that, but I have to address this point and I can't do it without being completely honest, so I'll go ahead... Depending on the month and its bills, I could shuffle things around and actually afford this at various times of the year. If I really wanted to. (Not all year, usually closer to tax return season.) I could even sell off old figures (or extras) to help offset the cost even more... And I still WOULDN'T buy this! It's a matter of principle and sanity. I'd have to have my head checked for spending $600.00 on a TOY. I don't care if someone like Bill Gates buys it, he could spend the $600.00 on his foundation and he's already given away BILLIONS of dollars and I would still find this to be a waste of his money. He'd wholeheartedly agree!

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. This Unicron is the physical embodiment of that statement. It's that whole thing, to a T. I'd much rather take $600.00 and do one of the following, and in no particular order: Pay a bill so I'm ahead and don't have to worry about it a month from now. Or buy my kids something nice just because. Or take my wife on one heck of a great date weekend. Or donate it to feed a LOT of families at the local missions, etc. Or ...anything else, really, because it's a friggin' 3 foot toy that'll collect dust like my current collection does. Heck, I could buy pretty much all of the retail released Siege figures in one trip for that much money.

Again, not trying to toot my own horn, here. I not only think it's wasteful, I also don't want to waste the money. I mean, my goodness. I figured something like $300.00... because I've seen that in 3rd party circles, or $600.00 for ToyWorld Devastator (trust me, a lot better made and a much higher parts count!) but $575.00 for a HasTak figure? I've got better things to do tonight than murder my wallet and sense of self-respect.

• Like Like x 3
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I know right, opinions are dumb and should be illegal.
    85B96901-A702-4622-8CBB-4B7A2C83D29B.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

That\'s no moon...

• Like Like x 2
  7. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Lol!!! I’ll keep an eye out for the use of “YOU” if you keep an eye out for your use of “US”.

Because so far I personally know of people that have not only backed it, but have bought 2. So thinking you have inside knowledge of what the majority are willing to spend their money on is more presumptuous than me saying things that hold value to you matter.

Is is pricey as fuck? Yup.
    And unfortunately it’s only going to get pricier. These aren’t marvel action figures that are a chopped up and reassembled master mold single sculpt. These are Transformers were talking about here, the amount of man hours, and actual scholastic and engineering knowledge that goes into creating something like this is demanding of a higher price point. Besides, let’s not blame Hasbro for the inflation fire that third-party companies started. People wanted high and engineering and accuracy in their transformers, and they’re getting it now. Did they really think it was going to retain retail price points?

8. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. LAMEZOR

LAMEZOR Member

It\'s beautiful...

• Like Like x 3
  10. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironically, two minutes later....

• Like Like x 8
  11. Charlock

Charlock You're no icon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You realize this toy doesn't exist yet, right?

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make for a convincing statement. I haven't been saying it's the figure that's absurd. It's just the way you're trying to come off as affluent because you choose to drop the amount of cash they're asking on something because you've convinced yourself you're investing in something.

I won't keep going after this, because it's pretty obvious this back and forth is futile and silly. (I know, "duh, the internet.")

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Online would work probably that's the only way since there is no stores would carry this in store.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  13. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

If this were mass produced, then you would have no issues with this release? btw, you're starting to shout me down. We need to be on the same page about some aspects of the topic otherwise we'd just be talking about completely different things. If your point is not about price, then simply say that.

Not to pull @Convotron into this, but he's made a very eloquent rationale about why something like this works better in a limited run format.

• Like Like x 1
  14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Me: Doctor I'm depressed.
    Doc: Why?
    Me: Because Hasbro bad
    Doc: Stop thinking Hasbro
    Me: You trying oppress my thoughts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

Dang Hasbro saw Takara prices and figured they could beat then out eh?

Looks beautiful but Ill wait for the Leader sized rerelease in 20 years. $600 is way, way to much for me to even consider.

• Like Like x 2
  16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those going on about the barge, it was about 14 lbs, and this is 19. For those concerned because of shipping reasons, keep in mind that 14 pound Sail Barge turned into 31 lbs. boxed and then packaged into it's shipping container (they really engineered the shipping for it, and it will likely have considerably more packaging than Unicron will.)

Keep in mind, it states a limit of 5 per transaction. There's nothing preventing anyone from making multiple transactions.

• Like Like x 3
  17. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

I am only reiterating my point because you keep arguing it. You haven’t said absolutely anything to convince me otherwise other than the fact that you think spending that much money is “absurd“ and then you’re going off about how I am somehow propagating some kind of propaganda to push my ideals and opinions upon you.
    I’m sorry if you feel like my opinion has somehow triggered you into feeling insulted condescended to or attacked, but let me assure you that you were not anywhere near my mind when I stated my opinion.

I’m glad you’re done with this exchange because frankly I’m tired of repeating myself.

Although for the record, who the hell said I was buying it? Just because I recognize it’s value doesn’t mean I’m going to buy it. And even if I did, it doesn’t diminish my points.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    It's already 10% funded, with 892 backers. Come on geeks unite!

• Like Like x 2
  19. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll keep selling them once they hit the 8000 mark, until the time runs out. After that, I doubt they'll make more. It's not like they own the factory, and they can just keep the equipment queued up to run off some more. It would be another entire set-up cost for a new production run that would almost certainly be significantly smaller than whatever the initial run ends up being.

I noted this early in this thread, not sure if anything's changed, but that's what I did for the Sail Barge.

20. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

MP comparison in an attempt to get to a common ground around engineering, quality and price points to have a discussion with the other poster. My quick take is that from videos I've seen on Jabba's barge, most of them would be evidence that they can produce something at that size. Fair enough if you don't think Hasbro could produce something that large at quality.

lol. No it doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.