Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a struggle, for me DC Universe and GI JOE came to a close but I still have Transformers of course as well as Marvel Legends, Mythic Legions and autographs!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

I'm really excited for this to be backed!
    But I gotta say....
    Literally days before this guy was announced last summer, I'd just broken up with a girl. She and I were talking marriage and buying a place and all that.... But, complications arose, it didn't work out, and we parted ways.
    I was pretty tore up, but it was the right thing to do. A few days later they show this Unicron. And I'm like, "Hell yeah, I'm gonna buy that!!!"
    $600 seemed like no big deal in the grand scheme.

Fast forward now almost 3 months later, I've bought a house, dropped %5 down and spent about $3500 on furniture and stuff I needed, so before that, when I'd been saving up, $600 was no big deal, but funds are definitely more stretched now. Haha
    Part of me would be totally ok if this didn't make its goal.
    BUT, I find myself getting really excited, and really happy to see we're almost there!!!!

Still, it's funny to see how much my life has changed just in the time since Unicron was announced. I wonder how much more it might change between now and 2021 when he finally arrives at my place!
    Probably meet another girl soon, even have a baby maybe, and one day this giant transformer arrives at the door!!! Wonder how that conversation would go, hahaha. :D 

• Like Like x 12
  3. Bravemaximike

eiswbz2ieryzuvna56yd.png

• Like Like x 5
  4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Or you commit to some things, sometimes.

I give thanks daily ever since I quit being a completionist. Nothing sucks quite so much as needing everything every time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Physics tells us that weight is essentially the same thing as mass (only the factor of gravity is added). We know the weights of these toys. Even if we grant that the sizes aren't all that far apart, it is indisputable that there is a number of times as much mass to Unicron as there is to Fort Max (roughly double, I think, but I'm trying to go from memory and the quickest of Google searches, right now).

If they were assumed to be the same height/width, that still makes Unicron that many times more dense than Fort Max.

In an age where people complain about hollow TFs (this has even been argued against certain of Unicron's components), surely such higher density is, itself, a good thing?

• Like Like x 3
  6. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    I know about perspective but shoulder width unicron looks narrower than fort max. LR OP is just a tad wider. It will be fun to display OP on one set of detolfs and unicron on the other set

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

But nowhere near as dense as several of the naysayers in this thread.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I think that meeting a girl and having a baby before unicrons release date is aggressive, but that’s just me.......

• Like Like x 5
  9. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

look at that number....

• Like Like x 1
  10. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

"Due to overwhelming support, we are pleased to announce that we are going to move forward with production of Unicron! The remaining 300 units will still be produced, and will be sold on Hasbro Pulse when the project is complete."

There. Who gives a crap? I am entertaining this hypothetical for the sake of example, but in reality it will never stop at 7,700. Once it gets that close it will take care of itself. Fans will spread the word like wildfire all across social media and get it made. Stores will buy up stock to sell later. Last minute buyers who are were always going to make up a large chunk of the final count will take care of it on the last day. There is no scenario where it gets within such a small margin and fails. Everyone backing it has an incentive to get others to help finish it off, including wealthy buyers/stores who have the means to make it so. And if sources are correct that no big third party sellers have put their orders in yet, and their pending numbers are as big as they say, then we're already past this.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Bravemaximike

Now that you mention it.... Lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

It sucks I could not take another Unicron with me. My Custom 1/6 scale Justice League Cyborg and custom BvS 1/6 Batmobile all just came up for PO and needed them more than the second Unicron. But I guess I don't need to get one more to get this to 8K as its way over 7K now and we still have 2 days to go :) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. edwardelric880

edwardelric880 Well-Known Member

No way in hell this isn't already fully backed and then some when none of 3rd party have had their orders accounted for yet. Time to break out the champagne boys!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Bravemaximike

tumblr_n2itm6mduv1qcrr5qo2_400.gif

• Like Like x 19
  15. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Female Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    time for the victory balloons

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  16. kazukun

kazukun Well-Known Member

Haven’t really keeping up, but looks like it’s getting made? Well, I guess I won’t be getting that lego star destroyer then...

• Like Like x 1
  17. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    I'm kind of sad you didn't make use of a meme like this:

[​IMG]

I've thought about that a lot. That's got to be an odd conversation if the girl isn't cool with your hobbies. "Yeah so I ordered this thing 16months ago...and it just showed up...."

Christ, now I'm having visions of a horror movie where that's how Unicron is actually delivered.

• Like Like x 4
  18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Female Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does unicron smack the father while saying "not the momma"?

• Like Like x 2
  19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Sure. But that's not what we were talking about. The fact still stands that Unicron is only a tad bit larger than the largest titan-class figures. On a display, I'd avoid putting him with other Titans as that will diminish his visual scale, as happened in that picture with TR Fort Max.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No kidding!! We're only talking about a year and a few months, year and a half at this point....