Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that was also the affiliate orders, hasbro asia, takara, zing/eb in australia. this 2nd batch also probably had orders from them too but we dont know the exact break down. domestic non affiliated e-tailers wont be added in till the very end (that being the e-tailers allowing a deposit and a $200 markup)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

slight update, I had a prepaid card ready for patreon. they don't take it, and in setting up to change the payment when the money was ready and I would try at that point, I accidentally, cause I didn't know it would happen, charged my bank with less then my patreon amount and now I am slightly in the hole as I wait for my money to go over that I did have

• Like Like x 1
  3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Nope. People are free to discuss and even repeat their issues as long as it follows board rules. Discussing their issues, even ad nauseum, isn't remotely related to "needing to grow up."

You can't tell people how to post, especially when you don't understand how multiquote works and triple post instead.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DINOBOTT

DINOBOTT Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If I were thinking of backing this I would wait until the very last minute--make Haslab sweat it out and force them to throw in more extras/incentives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Radish Sam

Radish Sam Well-Known Member

Yeah looking at those swivel joints I dunno, I think fanning might be possible to some degree at least. Most likely couldn't hold up their own weight but making supports wouldn't be difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I won't mince words either: your attitude sucks.

Yeah, same here. I quit MP about a year ago, not that Hasbro is really releasing anything anyway. I don't remember which was my last. I thought I was bonkers for paying $200 for MP-whatever (Thundercracker Takara import MP in toon-accurate Smurfy blue, obviously my favorite colored TFs), and felt disgusted when I saw it as a KO. That's probably the most I've ever paid for a TF, aside from LG EX Metroplex, though MP-10 and Magnus came close.

Yeah, I don't get that. It either succeeds or fails on its own merits. It obviously did fail at first, then got extended so it (they hoped) wouldn't again. And this time, it'll be close, but I'm also betting it somehow gets to the finish line (whether legitimately, or by number finagling, not the anybody in fandom really cares, or at least shouldn't care).

Wholeheartedly agreed. For me, this biggest draw to this thread was making up my mind on backing or not, and then I chose not. But the conversations on marketing and IP kept me coming back. Those died down weeks ago, at least the interesting ones (to me).

I reserve that comment for Pulse. That site has issues. Better than HTS, but it's still no Amazon or BBTS or anything decent. The SDCC stuff sells out too quick to not be gamed by bots, and their IT department (Pulse) seems as incompetent as the Hasbro/HasLab marketing dept.

Eh, maybe. The whole thing just feels rushed, poor planning, ill-thought-out logistics. Kibble, color, weights, etc.

Some of us are lamenting. We hear "LOOK, UNICRON IS BEING MADE INTO MASSIVE FIGURE!" And we reply, "OH BOY!". Then we look at it, and look at it, and look at it, and the excitement and smile drains from us. We're disillusioned, that's not what we were expecting.

And some of us aren't. Nice conversing with you. Proof that mature conversations can happen. :) 

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  7. JBSpino

JBSpino Not-So-Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm planning on it. If I were a braver soul, I'd hang it from my ceiling, but, ah, no.

• Like Like x 5
  8. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for us to hit that 7k marker. It’ll be a huge boost for the campaign’s momentum.

• Like Like x 8
  9. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Yep, people back winners, not losers. It's still a loser, so it'll inch up, trickle up for now. I'd not expect huge swarms of backing until 7500+ or last day (and both conditions may be true with the way it's going).

• Like Like x 2
  10. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Truth. The theory is good, but the execution is just... ugh. Those pictures from the previous page showing the transformation and all of those stacked panels just makes me frustrated. Takara-Tomy-Hasbro CAN and SHOULD do better for $600. I understand the appeal of the planet mode, but the robot mode is a facade for a large mass of planet kibble. Unicron doesn't transform- he hatches.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  11. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

If you think Hasbro cooked the books.............well

[​IMG]

By the way guys... its at 6910! just 1090 left to go!

• Like Like x 3
  12. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    What I don't understand is people that say "but you can't see it from the front!". It's all behind his head, visible from front.

Some of the more recent photos have revealed (to me, at least) how bad those little nibs look on his arms and everywhere. It's just clutter, he doesn't have a sleek design even without the kibble. I was actually still 1% considering getting it, then just ripping off the kibble (knock out pins, or just break it off), but even then it's just busy.

Panels lines, cool, I can dig it. I do wish Zeta had some of this treatment.

That yellow ... no. I'm fine with the blue/gray. The secondary problem with that tacky yellow is it now obscures a lot of the panel lines. Perhaps if all the lines were painted? This reminds me of Jetfire G1, and the white plastic. And a custom Jetfire project I bought some years ago. The figure already had tons of lines, but the figure is really nice with all those thin lines painted, as the custom had done.

The weight concerns me. I really get the feeling that some people don't actually realize how much 20 lbs weights (ha ha, yeah, duh, 20 lbs, not what I mean!). I have nice furniture, and it'd screw up the pieces/places where I'd want to display it. For example, my desk. And I like my desk far more than I'd like this toy. At least my desk is useful!

If this gets made, I'll be curious to see how folks are fairing with displaying, QC for transformation, possible kibble removal, etc. I foresee lots of posts about these things. Hasbro rushed fans, not just themselves. It'll be interesting to see/read.

Again, good chatting with you. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    So what you are saying is that he’s basically just a giant Kinder egg?

• Like Like x 3
  14. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    Reminds me of the Tom & Jerry cartoons with the duck. :p 

<crack>
    "Mama!"

I will admit that Unicron will make for some fun photos, even if many are poking fun at it, not glorifying it. All the turtle jokes, egg jokes, etc, would be fun to further illustrate with the actual figure. Sort of Robot Chicken style.

• Like Like x 2
  15. psychography2

News Credits:
    I was thinking "Hatchimal," but yeah. A 20-lb Kinder egg. I REALLY don't think that people understand what 30lbs of transformer and stand mean as far as space and storage go. I know everyone's excited because it's a BIG UNICRON, but there's a LOT of drawbacks on this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. psychography2

News Credits:
    Yeah, between the weight and the dimensions of the stand and robot, that's a LOT of real estate for one figure.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh. My mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a mistake. Get off my nuts, man.

19. lordsmurf

Twitter:
    If I put my 25 lbs barbell on my desk, or my photo table, I'd screw them up. Even real wood bows under that sort of weight. It's easily crack the back of my desk, and warp the photo table (maybe permanently). And I don't relish the idea of a huge heavy beachball on the floor. All of my shelves are custom made, stained, nice wood, but this Unicron would again just screw it up. There's a reason I set my barbells on the floor, not on the furniture.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6918 now. Rising fast!
    Sounds like sour grapes to me. So once we proved the kibble is not a problem from the front, you are worried about furniture?
    I store Titans Metroplex, Fort Max, Trypticon, G1 Fort Max, Webdiver Daitarion as well as several potted plants and pretty much all my new arrival toys on my extendable kitchen table. I eat at my couch watching shows, so I only use the table to prepare food or when cooking. They have been standing there for years. Pretty sure Unicron will fit in the middle in either mode, I have two years to free up some room for him. ;) 

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 9