Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah could be. My theory was the Matrix protected him from Unicron's power while he was far away from him. Same as later in Marvel US where him going underground inside Cybertron hid him from Unicron.

LOL you guys and your arguments on exact numbers... It reminds me of Abraham arguing with God on the exact number of decent folk needed to spare Sodom and Gomorrah.
    ...you remember how that one ended, right? ;) 

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Animator 3: Shit we're low of LSD and cocaine... and now I just realized... who approved Unicron being colored mustard yellow? I swear he was all colors of the rainbow.

• Like Like x 3
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro already changed the goalpost by extending the deadline. It's the easiest thing in the world to move the goalpost again.

• Like Like x 3
  4. foobot333

To each his own, unicron looks to be amazingly fun to play with to me, but I collect way too many oversized toys, that are too bulky but awesome.

And the fun right now? It's not even out, but I've already had a blast convincing my wife to let me get it, raising money to get it, listening to podcasts, posting and monitoring on this thread, and talking shit with other hobbyists about whatever. And it's not even green lit yet! This is the most fun I've had in a while in this hobby.

Now dont get me wrong, there's been a shit ton I've complained about, but the masochist in me sorta enjoys the ugly process. Sort. Of. ...If Unicron fails tho... and with no zeta in site... that would be the worst.

• Like Like x 7
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

These two posts were one after the other. What a fandom.

• Like Like x 3
  6. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

HasLab in 2021: "Remember that clause that we can make more of these at anytime? Stay with me now... 'Pridacron! He doesn't eat the planets (because they go straight to his thighs) but instead helps make them over!' In fact, get Netflix on the line... I have a new show idea for them!"

• Like Like x 1
  7. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

Ebay:
    Ok as promised here is your 7-days left graph. Starting tomorrow barring any sort of emergency I will be posting an update every day until the campaign is over. Unicron v 2.0.jpg

What is that I see? An actual uptick? Indeed we have actually seen an increase of around 50 backers in the last 24hrs. Given the funding history since the extension that is quite an accomplishment. Perhaps this is the beginning influx of those who had been accruing funds in order to back him. The next few days will be fascinating to see whether this was a blip or the start of a trend. However, even at 50+ a day until the end of the campaign it will just barely break 6k. That might be enough so that secondary retail orders can push it over the top but it will certainly be close. Unicron is obviously in desperate need of a large infusion of backers reminiscent of the 1500 they got from affiliate orders, and unfortunately without any data it's impossible to determine the big guy's success.

• Like Like x 14
  8. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

It is a very good question. I was thinking this morning about the whole crowdfunding business model and I'm sure Hasbro is simply looking at this as a big science experiment where they are manipulating, generating consumer interest in their brand. In thinking of it this way, I wonder if failure is an option?

8000 was such a high number and maybe they did it on purpose with the knowledge that 8000 was too much but they wanted to see what would happen anyway. Some of the factors that haven't been mentioned is the scalpers market. I wonder how many of the 5700 buyers are re-sellers? At 5000, I think there might be a market for it. At 8000, there may not be one.

I sure hope this succeeds, because there is more than one dream project they could do in addition to Unicron.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread is so full of salt from all sides, it could hypothetically re-salinate all oceans on the planet.

• Like Like x 6
  10. foobot333

Graphguy, bringing in the goods! Thanks a lot for the insight!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I like that theory. I mean, Hot Rod was protected while using it so why not Galvatron while holding it?

Well, it may be all about size and weight (well mass actually but I'm going to refer to it as weight here). Zeta is smaller and weighs less so having more panels doesn't hurt it much because it is still easy to move around and rotate without killing yourself (plus the pieces are big enough that even if one pops off, you can find it). However in planet mode, the many panels on Zeta may lead to accidental push-ins on a single panel, causing you to have to undo multiple parts of it just to get the one panel you knocked out back in (I'd watch the video again to be sure but it got taken down so I'm going from memory). The Haslab shells are HUGE, allowing them to encompass a greater area each and potentially have less points of failure (mainly because there are less of them; hopefully they got good connectors!). And with the denser plastic that Hasbro uses, more interior space was probably used for added support or else the plastic may collapse under the weight of itself or other plastic pieces. Plus if Core Star was upscaled to Unicron size, I'd imagine trying to manage the panels would be a greater headache due to the added weight and size. Each panel and panel arm would increase in weight along with everything else so the design might have to be tweaked or changed to accommodate the added weight. The video showed the designer shifting Core Star all over the place and just imagine having to do that with a 19 pound toy! It'd be a workout, that's for sure. Though if Zeta had a stand similar to Hasbro's then it might be easier to manipulate around without too much fuss. I have no memory of how Core Star transforms exactly so I can't say for sure. I do remember how Unicron transforms though. Less steps to remember I guess. But this is all just opinion and guesswork.

What I'd really like to see is have both Unicron and Core Star unhook all of their panels/shells and have someone shake them around. Not to see what flies off but to see how many loose pieces there are to deal with (and yes, I recognize that both are resin prototypes so it'd be a bad idea). In the end, we get what we get. I'm still all for Haslab Unicron and while I can see some merit in Core Star, those many panels he's got will absolutely drive me nuts. Some of the Bayverse stuff I still can't transform because so. Many. Damn. Panels. But if you're good with them, then you're good to go and you found yourself a Unicorn that works for you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    I'm not conceding anything, except what Warden and co. said.

We can sit here and think we know what Hasbro has planned, but the fact is, we don't know for certain.

If Hasbro says they won't make it unless they hit 8000, I believe that. Now if Hasbro artificially inflates those numbers to get 8000, that's another can of beans altogether.

• Like Like x 3
  13. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

That is beyond sad. This next week can't end fast enough.

• Like Like x 3
  14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

So we discussing simply what we believe will be true. Which leads us to answer which belief is more reasonable — the belief that Hasbro means 8,000 only and will not go forward even if they hit 7,999, or the belief that even if they don’t hit 8,000 but are at a number they believe is close enough, they will proceed. I just don’t see how anyone could argue the former is more reasonable than the latter.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Simply because Hasbro has the logistics to know what is and isn't worth it to them.

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying here. I don't have an opinion on if it's being made based on backer count below the 8000. I'm merely stating what was said by Hasbro. And since we're either all employees , of Hasbro or not, that's all we have to go by.

• Like Like x 2
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro's affiliates in Mars will come to the rescue.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

In the image for original the CAD drawings, it does show the intention of folding the panels (at least the ones on the sides) into the legs. Something may have prevented that during the design phase to make sure that everything cleared and was sturdy enough to withstand it's own weight.

UniCAD.PNG

And @foobot333 - it looks like these designers believed Unicron should've been rainbow colored as well, hahaha

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  18. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

What did you expect? He is a TRANS former after all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  20. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you, I'm glad so many people are liking his design. :) 

• Like Like x 1