Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aww how cute we have two people calling one side of both extremes. I love the person saying it will happens is using a positivity rifle
    Calling it now, No matter what happens people will throw a bitch fit about how unfair it is.

• Like Like x 9
  2. captainfantasy

captainfantasy Der Komissar

News Credits:
    West Coast, 'cause you know it's the best coast.
    I'm realistic, but still hopeful, we still got a week. Lots of people want to be backer # 8000 knowing that they are the sole reason why Unicron gets made! And hey, if it doesn't happen the forum will turn into "How I spent my Unicron money."

• Like Like x 5
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    I'm already backer one and eight thousand. There's no need for those other fools to wait.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Things are certainly picking up - 5750 last I checked.

This is why I wouldn.t care about Zeta even if it existed still and if I was collecting TP. Same issue as with Takara Masterpieces since Ultra Magnus - lack of details for a large toy makes it bland. Even Armada Unicron had more details.

Ah so it's a kangaroo, thought snake as I could not see lower limbs. Nice art!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those saying that it has to get to a full 8,000 or it won't be made are being a bit silly. There is literally no chance that Unicron doesn't get made if it gets 7,999 orders, so there's no way the 8,000 orders is a hard, no give whatsoever, minimum. Frankly, if any employee came to me and said "We're going to give up $4.599 million dollars because we said 8,000 on the internet, and we can't budge from that", I would probably have a good laugh. The idea's just insane. Whatever their profit margin on this guy is, I'm sure it can absorb a $575 hit when we're talking multiple millions of dollars. I mean seriously, if I was running this project, I'd pay the $575 out of my own salary to make it happen if that was what it took.

Now, there's almost certainly a lower limit beyond which Hasbro will let it fail. I'd imagine if the count tops out at 6,000 (including third-party retailers), it probably won't get made. Somewhere between those two numbers is probably the internal "for real we can't go lower than this" number, and we'll probably never know what it is. We'll only ever know if the final number was good enough, or not.

• Like Like x 5
  6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    It's already been stated by the Unicron team that it won't be made unless it hits 8000. I'm not sure how that can be open to interpretation.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course, all this strife, bickering and argument is sweet, delicious uni-corn for the Chaos God. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this universe, there's only one God that counts, the God of Money. In order to birth the Chaos God, you still need money, but not the other way around.

It's high time for a GoFundMe ;)  Using one crowdfunding to finance another crowdfunding has its own poetry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am curious how much more damage would be done to haslabs reputation if two out three crowdfundings fail in a row?

• Like Like x 2
  10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have to put the planet parts somewhere. Unless you make it some horrid twisty rubik cube like Zeta would have been. Which would not be fun at a 70 cm toy. I frankly don't care about the shell, since it isn't that visible from the front and I will be displaying him from the front. Like pretty much everyone.

Likely he would have had it destroyed. He figured right that Galvatron cannot use it. I will never know why he did not punish him right away and why he waited until he got back.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    I think it would certainly amp up fan urgency to make the next one happen and happen early on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

Because he had a much greater punishment in store for Galvatron once he had gotten back.

• Like Like x 3
  13. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Nobody is arguing interpretation of that statement, we are simply arguing we don’t believe they will hold to that assertion. If you think Hasbro won’t make it if they only hit 7,999 backers, that’s certainly your prerogative. I would simply argue that’s extremely naive to believe.

• Like Like x 4
  14. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

::Back in 1984::

Animator 1: "Should we draw the planet shells on Unicron's robot mode?"
    Animator 2: "Why? It's a cartoon... do we always put the vehicle kibble on the other robots? Besides, who cares where the planet parts are... he's a giant transforming planet that we made up strictly to be the big bad evil for this movie, I'm sure they just magically become every part of him in some way, doesn't really matter."
    Animator 1: "Yeah, you're right. I mean what is the likelihood they will ever make a full figure of this character anyway?"

• Like Like x 11
  15. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you have THAT much money laying on your account, sure... because it will check that when ordering.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think this is a it of a fallacy. It will never hit 7999. It's very likely that Hasbro will bump that one left if it was really just one away. But that argument assumes that it will even get that far. It's likely that Unicron will peter out at 6k, 7k if we're very optimistic. I highly doubt Hasbro will move into production so far under the required 8k backers

• Like Like x 1
  17. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    That's an edge case. Am I naive for thinking it won't be made if it hits 7,998 backers?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I’m really glad that we only have to wait another week to see how this plays out and put the conjecture to bed. Basically we have four possibilities:

1. Makes 8,000 legitimately. Produced.
    2. Doesn’t make 8,000 legitimately. Not produced.
    3. Doesn’t make 8,000 legitimately. Hasbro does some hand waving/manipulates the numbers somehow and Hasbro says it did. Produced.
    4. Doesn’t make 8,000 legitimately. Hasbro changes the goalposts and says it’s making it anyway.

That’s it. The “etailer/affiliate numbers haven’t been added yet” thing that we’ve had to hear about so much over the past month falls somewhere between 1 and 3 above in my book.

Take your bets. My money is on 3 or 4.

• Like Like x 6
  19. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Not a fallacy at all, it’s simply a hypothetical example that requires someone who is arguing it’s 8,000 or nothing to oppose. But if you are agreeing that they would bump that 1, then you oppose the assertion it’s 8,000 or nothing and the conversation simply goes to how many less than 8,000 would Hasbro bump not that they wouldn’t bump it at all.

No, it’s not an edge case it’s a possibility you have to oppose absolutely if you are arguing absolutely it’s 8,000 or nothing.

Are you still arguing it’s 8,000 or nothing or are you conceding there is as amount less than that that Hasbro would accept?

• Like Like x 4
  20. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Zeta has a pretty good system for dealing with the parts, and since Haslab is so much bigger, I'd expect them to have even more room to spare.

Honestly, I don't see anything "fun" about something this size. Whenever Hasbro has made a toy in this ballpark in the past, they've added bonus pieces to play with- like the citybot accessory guys or the escape pod from the Big Millennium Falcon. Anything that requires a 10lb four-footed stand requires a LOT of effort to fiddle with, and I don't see that as being fun in the least.

And, on the topic of the stand, if that fourth foot isn't removable, you're going to see a lot of Unicron's side. That thing sticks out like 6 inches.

• Like Like x 3