Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, its more of its just sitting in the pot. Nothings cooking atm given the Hasbro taking everything down stuff. at some point I'm sure someone will turn the burner on tho.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Starbucks Unicron picture is kinda funny and I like the classic misspelling of his name.
    Really cool. :-3

• Like Like x 9
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    But didn't they do that with the barge? I mean they had extras they were selling overseas only via HTS on eBay (anyone here remember how many extra they had?). Though I guess this a different situation with retailers more involved. Either way, rather than lament hypothetical downfalls, I'd rather see how it goes. It's not over until it's over. And once it is, then we'll be able to get a better picture of what happened, otherwise we're just working with incomplete data. Until then, enjoy the ride.

• Like Like x 1
  4. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Zeta: Ours is cheaper, better articulated and has no kibble in robot mo-
    Hasbro:

• Like Like x 2
  5. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

there is a BIG difference between unicron and them....unicron's planet mode is actually a full planet and screen accurate planet, it's 19lbs, it stands at what height compared to OP seige? hell remember that pic of unicron and OP lol...those siege you are comparing to this are ants compared to this and barely screen accurate...this line is not masterpiece as I've said over and over so kibble is understood; it's going to happen....hell MP 36 had kibble on his back. it's the sacrifice to make it screen accurate. i bought two of it and two of MP 36+. something i was fine overlooking and in canada, they were 350 each and no orange plug. if it had the orange plug, like always, i'm out. none of mine have been bought with the plug - that's one thing i wont tolerate. we all have tolerances but as for kibble, the argument is silly with unicron and the price. it's not a masterpiece figure - it's in line with the wfc line.

lots of reasons why a seige figure is 20-30 US and this is 575 US.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Radish Sam

Radish Sam Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the stagnation and occasional drop in funders was more due to people canceling from that 1500 spike last month. Knowing they might be able to afford the cheaper upfront price rather than the inflated etailer price. Then they don't add themselves back to the fund till the end when they have the cash. Hopefully we get a big spike soon but Hasbro aren't doing themselves any favors being so silent this past month.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx TFW2005 Supporter

I don’t care if Zeta’s gets made or not, but if both Hasbro's and Zeta’s Unicron do get made, then I can’t wait to see the first photos of Hasbro's Unicron eating Zeta’s version because it will be Inevitable.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

If they are offering lower prices to retailers with the intent to sell off the remsining stock post Haslab funding period, then this was still all for nothing.

If that is the case then that raises the natural question of why wouldnt Hasbro just have opened up orders for a limited amount of time and made them to order instead of setting a bare mininum they needed to hit? The reason is obviously because that way of doing it was not as financially viable and it wouldve eaten into their profit margins for this thing.

They need the 8k orders guys. We'll never know what their profit margins are or anything but we know based on all evidence that without 8k confirmed orders they do not consider this viable money wise to produce.

Even if they WERE to produce them at below they number they would have to raise the price. Which... i mean.. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    they have it in the slow cooker so by the time it's done it's nice and tender and just falls apart :lol  i will probably buy zeta's if and when it gets done but their quality will probably be a bit to be desired

• Like Like x 3
  10. DaFinchi

DaFinchi Well-Known Member

Is it my prerogative to be sick of hearing it? :) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

That depends on which broken record you're sick and tired of hearing about on this thread!! At over 800 pages there's a lot to be tired of! Lol!! A. LOT.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Nifty

News Credits:
    The most vocal fandom of Masterpiece line and its new tooncentric styling would tell you they see no logic in your argument.

• Like Like x 1
  13. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Sorry... Miss Brown is unable to talk right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GeoKaiser

GeoKaiser Wardick Zeus

Ebay:
    Hey HasLab, please make the back foot on the stand detachable or fold under the base. I doubt that foot is needed for robot mode stability on a shelf. That way he fits on a shelf (and a wide shelf at that).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

its at 5747 atm ! its time for the last week push to get our Unicron!

Maybe we need a starship troopers type recruiting video........... promise fame and glory....just get the unicron lol

• Like Like x 8
  16. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Still calling it: They're going to pull a "we're still making it for those who wanted it!" type-PR-move, no matter how many they fall short.
    Then all those who didn't pre-order due to waiting to see if it would get close are going to throw MASSIVE online tantrums with "that's not fair!" and "if it was around 7500, then I would have!" TFW will be a haven for the irate.

• Like Like x 3
  17. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

I'm calling it. Unfortunately, the project has failed. Hopefully, they launch a better campaign in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I’m not so sure but, if true, I’m looking forward to seeing what - if anything - is said about it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

"... but ours only has the barest passing resemblance to the source material because we can't sculpt for beans."

• Like Like x 4
  20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I bet you that those legs are just screwed on the bottom so they're probably removable. If someone here goes to NYCC, could you ask so we're sure?

• Like Like x 2