Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

aside from G1 prime, no idea what those references are but the fact remains, as you've basically put it, you can't compare the two. armada is what, 3 quarters of a planet in planet mode (being generous there) and the size comparison..well....
    this unicron hasn't been released yet so, again, the pressumption that you can't pose or transform him is jumping the gun.
    if people want to say armada looks better than what we've seen for this one...again....i don't know what to say....lol
    i think you quoting me should have rather been quoting the person i quoted. i'm never the one making comparisons unless its laughing at comparisons to other figures because, as i've said, we can't compare anything to this one.there are none....size, weight, etc and it hasnt been released.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never understand that philosophy about folks who can’t afford this to see it fail. I can’t afford it(nor I have any interest)and I want to see it get backed. Mainly because I would love to see more stuff though Haslab.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Definitely, you can tell Zeta’s version is far more regal and intellectual by the perfectly groomed and completely inaccurate mustache

• Like Like x 9
  4. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Those look great, thanks for reposting them! And good luck with Zeta!

• Like Like x 4
  5. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

Technically Vikings didn't wear horned helmets, historically anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Prime Sinister

Prime Sinister Well-Known Member

Galvatron playing with himself?

• Like Like x 2
  7. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Its back up to 5700, for now.

upload_2019-9-26_9-7-35.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Cause your opinion matters most right !? Get over yourself .

• Like Like x 6
  9. superman27344

superman27344 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it fails, who will get the most blame?

A) Zeta
    B) The Fandom
    C) Hasbro

Not who deserves the most blame, but who will actually get the most blame.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I don’t think we would have to blame anyone. This is a test to see if there are enough people who would support an item so that the company doesn’t proactively create something that would result in substantial losses. So if it doesn’t work out, it’s because the the intersection of design, engineering, consumer interest and economics just couldn’t be met. Then we sadly go on our way without this big beautiful toy.

Edit: Rereading, I get your point that it won’t work out that way, that haters and supporters alike will cast blame whether it is deserved or not, but one would hope we could all step back and take a healthier view of it.

• Like Like x 9
  11. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Hasbro made the product that only appealed to 5700 people and WANTED 8,000 buyers.
    The fandom didn't like what Hasbro was offering.
    Zeta got drunk with that dude's wife's boyfriend and caused them to rack up thousands of dollars of long-distance phone calls to places like Mumbai and Abu Dhabi, before gambling away that dude's wife's boyfriend's life savings on a rousing episode of The Price is Right. Because of that, the Fandom now blames Zeta for doing all sorts of nefarious stuff. Like today, Zeta broke my damn toaster. Won't toast at all. Now I have to eat raw bread. Thanks, Zeta.

• Like Like x 6
  12. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

There is blame to go around for A B and C.

I think it just depends on if the haters outnumber the supporters on which gets the most blame. but its definitely going to be between Zeta and hasbro.

its been said before but Hasbro's main blame is going away from their model of 3000 backers at 300.... 5000 at 500$....... 8000 at 600$ seems like it was a publicity stunt to try and show that the main brand they own is super strong and will out do star wars or something like that because by their math it should only of needed 6000 backers... this thing would of been funded already.

of course we also know why zeta is to blame some too...... with so many people just expecting it to happen someday... even with it being shelved.. its still keeping some people from ordering haslab's..

• Like Like x 3
  13. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

It's also more or less established that 3P acknowledges Unicron, so it's not unfeasible that other companies might release some Unicron of their own design down the line and that this is by no means the only good Unicron toy we'll be getting.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

fine, it's awesome, but I'll still wait for the Wheeliecron repaint

• Like Like x 2
  15. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will fail but to entertain the question, this solely falls on Hasbro. For reasons discussed ad nauseum on this board.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

It was the One-armed man.

• Like Like x 7
  17. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

If it succeeds ... will everyone give haslab credit? or are people going to start conspiracy theories ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hasbro gets the blame but like that one dude who apparently worked on the design of this Unicron...he blames the fandom....so yeah.....Hasbro goofed up.

And to elaborate, Hasbro did not do a aggressive marketing campaign to promote this product. They thought by just announcing it once people would flock which has not been the case. I bet if they had done a good marketing campaign like other funding campaigns do, it would have reached the 8000 backers long ago. But of course Hasbro will not admit they goofed up and either blame the fandom like how one of their designers has already stated in social media (getting a lot of support and attention) or blame 3rd pty on which they will use Zeta as the scapegoat to go after all 3rd pty.....which of course will have repercussions for which the fandom will also be blamed....

• Like Like x 2
  19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm a designer is blaming the fandom? Where?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm blaming Hasbro unrealistic expectations. Jabba's sail barge was $500, required 5000 backers and was targeted at a much larger fanbase. This one was $600, required 8000 backers and was made for a smaller audience.

All things considered, the number of backers HasCron managed isn't much of a surprise and still is very high. It still shows that there are enough people in the TF fandom for crowdfunding expensive collectibles, but maybe the company needs to be more realistic in the future.

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.