Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Even going by the vote, it was November of 2016, not even 3 years yet :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grapple35

Grapple35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope so. I was hoping there would be some 1986 movie add-ons for purchase on Pulse like how the Barge got the Skiff and Jabba's guards 3 pack. A deluxe Kranix & Arblus, Quintessons or a Voyager Sweeps 3 pack comes to mind. Maybe there will be a reveal or two at NYCC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JBSpino

JBSpino Not-So-Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Personally, I would have still gone with Primal (as I love Beast Wars more than Star Saber), but boy howdy do I wish we still got a Star Saber.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No. I mean Headmasters gimmick from Titans Return as I think the Brainmasters gimmick would just be shuttled over to being a headmaster by Hasbro. Equally, Dezarus would end up being a headmaster as well but perhaps use the Overlord TR/PotP crossover idea for the Breasters.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Haslab Unicron

You said November 2015 here. That's close enough to four years for what I was going for.

And, again, I've already conceded that two years (when Trypticon actually came out) IS a better measurement.

Ahhh. That's fine. I was thinking that the "super mode" gimmick of PotP was better suited to Star Saber, specifically.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I agree. But I don't see the super mode being a line-wide gimmick to hang one's hat on. TBH, I wasn't all that thrilled with the results of the super modes from PotP anyhow. I'm hoping that translates to a better Star Saber release down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  7. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess it is not coincidence that campaign ending around NYCC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    FWIW, I'm not a fan of line-wide gimmicks in the first place.

Given that Hasbro called out NYCC, specifically, when they announced the extension, I think that can be safely assumed, yes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been doing pretty good in siege about being true to legacy gimmicks so I’d expect going forward that gimmicks will be accurate
    You’re right, the vote was 2015 :p  my bad haha should have remembered that since I’m the one that wrote it

• Like Like x 3
  10. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's your semi-weekly dose of Graph! As you can see, while we have picked up some more backers it's only sluggishly moving along with the count currently standing at 5702 at the time of this posting. Unicron v 2.0.jpg

Parroting what I said late last week, we have garnered about 50+ supporters now in the last 4 days, but it continues to lag behind even the 20 to 50-a-day contributor levels we were garnering during the slow period in August. Outside of those still saving up money and the procrastinators I think we have truly hit the ceiling of US backers. Now the question is simply: Are there 2000+ foreign orders outside of Pulse that can push this through? At the beginning of the month I was hopeful that Hasbro/lab would be able to arrange a marketing blitz for this guy throughout September that would get this guy over his goal. Unfortunately barring some major reveal in the week before or at NYCC I think they are willing to let Unicron's destiny be decided by what all has already been publicized. Whether this is a good idea or a poor one is up to debate. However, one thing is for sure. On October 7 there will be Monday morning quarterbacking the likes of which the toy world (and perhaps even these boards) have never seen.

• Like Like x 15
  11. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Great work, graph guy! I posted these before but I think in theory that remaining backers could come from any of the following:

- Any additional Hasbro affiliate orders since the August 23rd announcement of 1500 orders. People have inferred that the the Hasbro affiliates here may have been Takara Tomy Mall and EB Games in Australia. Getting more backers here would need to assume that the original 1500 order in August wasn’t a bulk order that already accounts for any potential future demand

- Any new orders through the official Kapow UK/EU campaign (assuming those won’t be added to the Pulse counter in real-time)

- Orders from non-affiliated online retailers (e.g., BBTS, TF Express). These may include additional domestic backers who did not want to pay everything upfront. In the case of the Barge, online retailer orders were added on the last day of the campaign

- Anyone waiting until the last minute on Pulse, either because they are saving up, are waiting for further inducements, want to make sure it’s backed first, or just generally want to mess with my blood pressure

It’s a steep climb, but these are the things I am clinging to for hope

• Like Like x 7
  12. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Still doesn't excuse the fact that an already costly item is being marked up for the UK release.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Only if you are determined to insist that things that Kapow has no real control over (taxes, customs, etc.) count as "marked up."...

• Like Like x 6
  14. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Haslab and Zeta might as well join forces and deliver a Unicron that everyone will be happy with.

Better than both versions currently walking in the wilderness..........

• Like Like x 4
  15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    And sauce, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    so you think buying it from an outlet outside of the uk cheaper and then having to pay a huge amount of shipping because of it's size and then having to pay import fee's which would bump it up higher than what kapow toys and tfs-express are selling it for as being better?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Have they turned this into a countdown? Everytime I have refreshed the page today, they seem to have LOST another backer or 2.

• Like Like x 1
  18. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As each day goes by, we get closer to both Christmas and the end of the year, when people spend a lot of money on presents by choice, and a lot of money on taxes out of necessity. Both cause people to rethink spending $600 on Unicron.

I must RE-remind Hasbro that the Barge project was launched at Toy Fair 2018, at that time of the year when collecting generally hits a dry spell. No new product that competes for attention, no holidays to spend money on, and it was around the time when people were getting tax refunds and had excess money to blow. Starting this project at this time of the year was a VERY poor decision on their part.

• Like Like x 4
  19. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

21F51713-040B-41D8-A2FF-EEE3DA403820.jpeg Saw an actual ad on Instagram just now.

• Like Like x 11
  20. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Quite plausible. I often wonder what would have happened if Hasbro simply followed the Barge model by keeping THE BACKER COUNT AT 5000! Unicron would have funded on August 27th. August 28-31 would have seen surges from the Fandom that is on the fence and feared missing out. My guess is that the total count would have been in the 8000's like they wanted. It's almost like their own greed got in the way of their intended goals.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.