Haslab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bearytrek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Same here ... I would've ordered it from Kapow if it was £ 500-550 too. €730 shipped and who knows what extra import fees you have to pay after Brexit.. Like you say, almost €1000 euro.. The money is no issue for me, but that's just not worth it.

Hasbro should've found a retailer on the mainland. But then again with experience with most of the European webstores selling Transformers I can say I'm happy Kapow got the official license. They are easily one of the best in Europe. The timing with Brexit right now is just very unfortunate.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got a mail alert from Kapow so now Unicron has a price - 605 GBP. That's about 755$ currently. No refunds, and they take no responsibility for Brexit-related customs costs, which I can understand, who would? At any rate, not cancelling my HasbroPulse order - my friend checked that it'd take about 140$ for a box the weight and size of Unicron to ship to Hungary and I'd have to pay customs just the same as if I got it from the UK, so no difference for me.
    Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron OFFICIAL UK / EU CROWDFUND - Kapow Toys
    Really wish Hasbro would have also offered Unicron for an EU-based shop that is gonna stay in the EU, as well. Hell, I dunno why HasbroPulse or HasbroToyshop before never established an EU branch. We are a pretty significant market.

As it is now, the crazy situation in the UK makes everyone worried about customs, because the ones in my country we even jokingly call vampires (vám=customs) will pounce on EVERY UK package delivered the day after Brexit. Both me and a friend of mine in Slovakia have cancelled orders from shops due to this, and I even asked TFS Express the opportunity to have my already paid for orders on SS Long Haul and Hightower shipped beginning of October if Omega is not available by then.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have to realise that the $575 tag is explicitly pre-tax, so for the UK, you immediately need to add 20% VAT to that. That's £550 ALONE, before factoring in Kapow's overheads, or any profit.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    You damn monkey-brat! Who told you you could gather my energy for your attack?!

One one hand it would be better for customers if Hasbro had Hasbro Pulse in Europe.
    On the other hand that would be competition for webshops that offer Transformers related items HasbroPulse won't.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Thanks Chris, you are spot on, we're middle manning this and basing the cost on a 1.16 exchange rate at the bank ( it may come in less if current rate holds ) which makes it £495. Then we have to add 20% UK sales VAT which is non negotiable for us making it £595.83, the remaining money is for processing fees and staff for the packing and shipping ( £9.16 ) we're not a one man band and cannot go into a loss for the item so need to at least pay our staff for the time they take processing this guy if the project makes it. In short it is a total labour of love for us and Hasbro UK to try and bring it to folk who couldn't get it via Hasbro Pulse.

If any of you guys want to know how to work out UK VAT it is the purchase price then divide by 6, it is a strangely complex system, you can find more info here - Businesses and charging VAT

Hope that helps guys! :) 

Andy

• Like Like x 15
  6. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Now I've paid off the balance, MP44 doesn't seem so pricey :-/

• Like Like x 1
  7. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb TFW2005 Supporter

Living in the US I sometimes complain when they raise a tax on us and then I just need to look to other countries amd see how they are taxed be thankful my taxes are not that high.

Maybe its time for our UK friends to have a Tea Party....

this-day-in-history-12161773---the-boston-tea-party.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, they’re all happy enough not to be in danger of bankruptcy or death every time they get sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  9. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I sometimes go back and watch the frogs gay video............ and LMAO every time... I'm rolling just thinking about it.... He had to do those rants knowing they were comical right? he's already admitted that its a character but its more like a character on mad tv lol

the scaling is just something you have to forgive because it was fun to watch and its for kids.... but if we can forgive that... we can forgive this galvatron for not being accurate scale because its only there to recreate the one scene .

• Like Like x 1
  10. autobotsrollout

so 5694 right now............. feels so much better than stagnating around 5650 for over a week.

Also Bobby Skullface did a video........... and he might , maybe give another source that backs up what Hendr is saying. is it little good toy store ? maybe , maybe not but it seems Hasbro has been calling around getting retailers to not carry Zeta's figure.

And people just called out hendr as a liar ...for no other reason than they didnt want his source / info to be right. Of course many of those same jerks will just double down and now call Skullface a liar too most likely.......

• Like Like x 8
  11. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

it's unicron. it should tower over all figures, especially ones like fort max, etc. zeta's didn't. haslab's will.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

How much stalking and harassment would it take to get Elon in on this crowdfunding?

• Like Like x 2
  13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I said all of this yesterday as well. Basically, there won't be a European cavalry coming to save this thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

It's not me who assumed to be speaking for the people and after that stupid assumption kept bickering with the maturity of a spoiled brat.

• Like Like x 1
  15. autobotsrollout

zeta's unicron is a great legends unicron.... ... but its not an MP and it doesnt work with chug either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. autobotsrollout

1st off... I thought politics wasnt allowed .... and second.... UK and the EU will figure something out... we've seen political games of chicken way too many times...

• Like Like x 2
  17. autobotsrollout

so do some European countries do customs taxes on every item? back when i still shipped from ebay to europe , it was just a small chance it could be targeted for customs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Tower over him by being four inches or less taller than him?

• Like Like x 5
  19. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

You have to pay customs on all items over a certain value (here in Italy it's about 20-25 euro). If the value is less there is still the chance that the parcel is inspected and the value deemed too low, but that doesn't happen often. In this case, given the size and weight of Unicron's box, I think the chances of it getting hit by customs even if one tries to underdeclare the value are quite high.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Professional Casual

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Knowing him, he'd just as soon fund his own actual death star -- or "Boring Star" -- rather than fund a small replica.

But yeah, some revelations and confirmations. Fun stuff.

• Like Like x 1